11 replies to this topic

#1 scholls22

scholls22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help me out. A friend gave me a Dixie Narco Coke machine. According to the only information i could find, the model number is DNCB 276CC/162-6....Is there a way to bypass needing money to dispense drinks?

Thanks for your help!!!!

#2 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this and hopefully help me out. A friend gave me a Dixie Narco Coke machine. According to the only information i could find, the model number is DNCB 276CC/162-6....Is there a way to bypass needing money to dispense drinks?

Thanks for your help!!!!

That's a unique problem. I hope you're stocking it with beer. lol What happens if you turn off all of the price dip switches?

#3 scholls22

scholls22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Thanks for writing back. It will definitely be stocked with beer! I have no clue how to fool with these things. How do
I turn off the switch? Where is it?

#4 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 09:58 PM

I'm not positive about your model but most are the same if it's a single-price model.

Look at the coin mech. It is usually tan just inside the door with the coin tubes. It will be in 2 sections. Lift the tabs on the top sides and the top section will come out. Behind that will be a set of dip switches. That's the row of tiny white switches.

From left to right, the first switch is .05; the next .10; then .20; .40; .80; etc. Each switch doubles the value of the previous. So if the Machine is set to .60, the 3rd and 4th switch will be on and the rest off. .70 will be 2, 3 and 4, etc. You'll need something with a small point, like a pen, to set the switches. Turn them all off and see how that works for the machine.

#5 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:23 AM

Turning all the switches off does not make it free vend, it makes it no vend. You can use a cheater cord or jump out the relay. I will see if I can find the schematic in the archives......

I have heard of people just taking apart the vend relay, removing the spring and taping the contact arm closed. I haven't tried this so I don't know how hot the relay would get.

#6 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 12:27 PM

Hello,

Thanks for your help!!!!

Its not as simple as one would think. It is possible to do but takes someone with alittle electrical knowledge to walk through it. I furnish my customers with a altered coinmech that just plugs in then their customers can just walk up push the coin return lever and then vend. They use them when companies have holiday parties the vendor gives them free soda in lew of commissions. You have to jumper pin 1 to pin 7&3 but this keeps the relay energized continually and will burn out over time. You Can also do it by changing the wires on the relay connector but requires the know how to remove the pins.The best way if your looking at permanent is to mount a a momentary push button spdt switch on front of machine hook pin 1 to common, pin 3 to N/O, and pin 7 to N/C. If you want to tackle this I would try and talk you through it. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#7 scholls22

scholls22

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 10:28 PM

Its not as simple as one would think. It is possible to do but takes someone with alittle electrical knowledge to walk through it. I furnish my customers with a altered coinmech that just plugs in then their customers can just walk up push the coin return lever and then vend. They use them when companies have holiday parties the vendor gives them free soda in lew of commissions. You have to jumper pin 1 to pin 7&3 but this keeps the relay energized continually and will burn out over time. You Can also do it by changing the wires on the relay connector but requires the know how to remove the pins.The best way if your looking at permanent is to mount a a momentary push button spdt switch on front of machine hook pin 1 to common, pin 3 to N/O, and pin 7 to N/C. If you want to tackle this I would try and talk you through it. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

uhhhh...you lost me at Its not as simple.... LOL

#8 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:14 PM

try this

1 - set coin mech at 0.05 per vend

2 - put cup of nickels at the top of the machine

to be honest its actually pretty simple hes just saying attach some leads to certain pins on the female end jones plug (the plug the coin mech goes into) and the other end into a switch.

i found a video on how to do it

based on whats in this guys video looks like u can buy the parts at radio shack for under 10 bucks, be careful and make sure u have a copy of the pinout lol

#9 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 02 March 2011 - 01:17 AM

I'll sell you one for $35.00 + shipping. Juust plug it in push coin return vend. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#10 jokerwanted

jokerwanted

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:32 AM

Hello Guys, i have the 276 and I am trying to get it to vend free like it shows here, but having some issues. I connected 7 to 1, then a button between 7 and 3. when i touch the button, it automatically vends slot one without hitting a selection button. Thanks in advance for any advice you may have

#11 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:44 AM

Then you have a stuck selection switch or a bad motor that isn't stopping in its home position, then it restarts with the next credit.  The motor has two switch arms.  In the home position the narrow one will be in a notch in the edge of the motor cam and the wide arm will be on the high side of the cam.  All motors should look like this when at rest.

#12 Freakzillaman

Freakzillaman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 09:55 PM

@Joker wanted...
I know this was years ago but if you still need help, your problem is that it goes 1-7 first, then 1&3 for the switch! Not 7&3
Happy vending