• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 warrendistler

warrendistler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

I have an opportuniy to buy 100 Vendstar 3000 vending machines. The catch is they do not have keys to either the top fill area or more importantly, the bottom coin area. I was told that all 100 locks are set to one master key. All 100 machiones come with new coin area locks all set to one key as well, but to change out the old locks with the new ones, I'll either have to have a key or drill all 100 out. I know I can get the top key which is available as only two keys fit the locks and most are one type, but the bottom coin box key is more difficult. Can anyone help me with this situation? I think the drilling will be a deal breaker on my machines. Thanks in advance for your help as I am absolutely new to all of this. Lost my job to a bad economy and thought the vending machines were a God Send.

#2 MVSJOHN

MVSJOHN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 01 September 2009 - 09:18 PM

I have an opportuniy to buy 100 Vendstar 3000 vending machines. The catch is they do not have keys to either the top fill area or more importantly, the bottom coin area. I was told that all 100 locks are set to one master key. All 100 machiones come with new coin area locks all set to one key as well, but to change out the old locks with the new ones, I'll either have to have a key or drill all 100 out. I know I can get the top key which is available as only two keys fit the locks and most are one type, but the bottom coin box key is more difficult. Can anyone help me with this situation? I think the drilling will be a deal breaker on my machines. Thanks in advance for your help as I am absolutely new to all of this. Lost my job to a bad economy and thought the vending machines were a God Send.

Try using a screwdriver between the door and the body gently twisting to pry the locking tab out.Good luck
John

#3 warrendistler

warrendistler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 06:43 PM

I just thought I'd let everyone know I was able to take one of my Vendstar 3000 machines to a local lock smith ciompany where I live and later tha day they had a key for me that fit all 100 of my machines. The cost was $30.00.

#4 sheen

sheen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

How much are they asking for the machines? normally the same key works for all the machines,but to be on the safe side call the company who sells vendstar3000 and ask them if you could use the same key for all your machines.

#5 chrisdunn77

chrisdunn77

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

if it helps anyone the Vendstar 3000 only uses 2 different keys (for the top locks) and you can find them all day on ebay.

#6 warrendistler

warrendistler

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:34 PM

I bought 125 Vendstar 3000 machines for a little under $19.00 each! All but three work and are in order. I now have 3 extra machines along with parts and keys to everything. I'm pumped to ge started.