Close

Vol Vending's Content

There have been 26 items by Vol Vending (Search limited from 07-May 23)

Sort by                Order  

#4411 Mechanical or Electrictronic

Posted by Vol Vending on 28 July 2008 - 09:25 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I cant answer this, but more info will help -

- What/how much are you trying to vend
- Where is it going
- What is your budget?
- If you choose mechanical - will the customers have access to coins?

#4410 used snack machine, under $1200 --- ?

Posted by Vol Vending on 28 July 2008 - 09:23 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

My can vending machine, a Vendo 510 "live display" has successfully paid itself off in a years time, still charging only .50 for cans.

I really want to purchase a good, low maintenance, used snack machine. I want to know the good and bad about specific brands/models, and if it is possible to purchase such a machine for under $1200.

I paid $1200 (shipping included) for my soda machine, trying to keep the same numbers. I would think a candy/snack machine would make more money - selling items that cost around .30 for upwards of .75 - does this sound right?

Thanks for the help!

#4210 Slim-Fast...

Posted by Vol Vending on 30 June 2008 - 10:46 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Lots of people drink that stuff and skip lunch altogether. I know guys who have lost a good deal of weight doing so.

I would think that somebody looking to replace a meal would pay 1.50 - 2.00 for a "filling" drink, although I have never had it.

It fits like normal cans do?

#4159 Bottle Drop Machines

Posted by Vol Vending on 23 June 2008 - 08:15 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Are machines like the DN 2145 "Bottle Drop" worth buying? I can see having multiple problems will all of the different plastic parts, and have seen bottles in them fallen over before.

I like the idea of being able to sell just about anything because the rows are adjustable, how much work is this?

The cheapest I can find one is around $2000 + freight, but with the selections you could have and being able to charge $1 or more for items like red bull, Gatorade, juices, ect. I would think making your money back on it wouldn't be all that hard. It just seems like maint. on the thing could get out of control... and I am worried about somebody breaking through the glass.

#4118 Coinco CT-48 Machines

Posted by Vol Vending on 15 June 2008 - 07:31 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Do any of you guys have these machines in service? Or have you used them in the past? I have heard some of the parts are easily breakable but I can find them. I really want one for novelty use, once I get one I might consider putting one out somewhere... really neat how small they are.

#4105 Coinco CT-48 Machines

Posted by Vol Vending on 14 June 2008 - 06:47 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I have looked all over the net, found just a few. Does anybody else make a machine this size?

#4099 Coinco CT-48 Machines

Posted by Vol Vending on 14 June 2008 - 01:02 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Anybody have experience with CT-48s by Coinco? They don't make them anymore, but you can still find them used and get parts online.

I want to buy one, but want to hear from some other people.

#3455 Best Snack Machine (Least Problems)

Posted by Vol Vending on 30 March 2008 - 01:55 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I have a Soda machine and would like to have a snack machine to pair with it. My budget is about $1200. What Snack Machines do you guys recommend? I am looking for used, and cosmetics aren't a huge deal.

I am only worried about the front glass getting broken. Can this be replaced with some sort of unbreakable plastic?

Suggestions....

#3450 fraternity locations

Posted by Vol Vending on 29 March 2008 - 08:50 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

My only machine is in our fraternity house kitchen. I have drinks at .50 cents, except for YooHoo at .75 cents. I also vend 16.9 waters, which I have to constantly refill because I only have them one deep and people buy tons of them. I have found that when you charge .50 the other .50 usually makes it back in, but you wouldn't have a problem selling at .60 or .75 either. In my case I know the guys, so I am not trying to make anything more than spending money.

Our old Coke machine (from Coke) was knocked over by some older guys and broken into with a sledgehammer. I would say it was Coke's fault for having it in the basement, and not near the kitchen or main room with the rest of the civilized activity. Definitely use and older machine, and keep your coin and bill mechs clean (compressed air blowout every once in a while). I have seen some nasty bills and coins come through. Make sure it stays in working order and full, the easiest way to piss off guys who are often drunk... and looking for another mixer.... is to have a non-working or empty machine.

Good luck! Let me know how it goes, I am trying to get machines in other houses.

#3413 Ice

Posted by Vol Vending on 24 March 2008 - 01:19 AM in Other Vending Discussions

Anybody in Ice vending? Machines have huge startup costs including territories/rights, but there are multiple different types of units and hotter regions or more popular machines are boasting 2-3 year payback. Curious...

#2875 Rowe 4900 SR - Worth It?

Posted by Vol Vending on 05 December 2007 - 11:42 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I have 2 of these machines and they are both in the yard. We had alot of problems with them but I think alot of them were due to the fact that we bought them fairly used but the Ap's I have bought used I do not have problems with. Also the technology in these are outdated and itshard to find "good" parts.

I found this website at http://www.vendingwo.../parts/Rowe.htm that sells parts, are these the ones that typically go bad? What is the biggest problem with them? The guy who is selling the machine is saying everything works great, he just doesn't sell much stuff (I think it is at a video store).

The AP machines I have found are nowhere near me, I am near the East Coast, and all the AP's I have found are out West.

#2874 Need dock

Posted by Vol Vending on 05 December 2007 - 11:27 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I need a place to ship my machines to with a loading dock for best shipping price, what/who should I look up in the yellow pages? There aint nothing under 'receiver'. Most of the time id like to have the machines delivered right to the location but what about finding a dock? Thanks
gripex

Is their an auto parts store or car dealership in the area? I was going to have my machine shipped to a local car dealership parts dock because I know the owner and CFO who said they would gladly accept the machine and then fork it into the back of my truck. I then found out the local Saia terminal was closer than the dealership and they would fork it into my truck as well. Just find any business with a dock that would be willing to work with you, maybe set something up long-term to accept your shipments. I had the advantage of having alot of guys who could then get the machine out of my truck and onto a flat rolling cart to get it into place, getting it off the freight truck and into yours isnt the issue, its getting to the location that is hard work.

#2867 How Small Would You Go?

Posted by Vol Vending on 04 December 2007 - 08:51 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

You could easily pick up a refurbished soda vendor for $1200 or less. I paid $1200 for mine and only charge .50 cents for drinks (.75 for YooHoo). We have had it in a Fraternity house (very random sales) for less than two months, and my partner and I have netted over $150/each in that time.

We assumed it would take a year to break even, now it looks more like 6 months. Like Kevin said, you might find a dedicated location.

Occasionally you see $600 machines out there on eBay, if you can get something decent looking and in working order I would say go for the small fish and see what happens... but I don't know how much money you have to play with.

What do you plan on charging for Drinks? I am considering buying a snack machine to match with my .50 cent drink machine... hoping people spend their whole dollar.

#2866 Rowe 4900 SR - Worth It?

Posted by Vol Vending on 04 December 2007 - 08:33 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Anybody own a Rowe 4900? Any problems?

The location would be a Fraternity house with 25 live-in guys and another 100 in and out during the day. Does anybody have locations with similar numbers to work with?

I am thinking I could sell Ramen, Pop-Tarts, Granola Bars, ect in addition to the norm. I am afraid the glass front could be easily broken... and almost want to replace it at first with plexiglass, is this even possible?

#2756 Transports of machines

Posted by Vol Vending on 25 November 2007 - 01:24 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

With full size pop machines, is it ok to lay the machine down on its back? I know its not good to tilt/tip a refrigeration unit but if you let it sit for 24hours it should be ok? What about snack machines, can you throw those in a van or pickup truck on their backs? Some of these machines are very heavy, and im wondering just how easy it will be to move them around. Im guessing that when starting out you will be moving a few machines around because not every location is going to work out. Thanks

We had a machine forklifted into our truck on a pallet and then had 8 guys take it out, lay it sideways on a dolly for 5 minutes while rolling it into place, and then quickly prop it up into position.

If you can get it on a pallet and have it forklifted that is your best bet. I just saw these things too:
http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

They have these vending machine dollies that look good, but I am not big enough to have a lift truck or gate so I will deal with each machine when/if I buy more.

#2266 Bottled Water

Posted by Vol Vending on 17 October 2007 - 02:21 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Thanks for the information. Are you also able to stock the slots fully? Some have said that they are only about to fill about 1/2 to 2/3 depending on the type of water bottle being vended.

No reported problems since putting them 1 wide and 1 deep in the thinner column. They continue to sell, every time I check the machine I have to put more in.

#2264 Yoohoo

Posted by Vol Vending on 17 October 2007 - 02:19 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I'm selling the absolute crap out of it at $1.00. Why leave $.25 on the table? I'd sell it for $1.00. Cost will probably climb to $.50 anyways in a few months, so I'd make a little more off it now while you can.

My machine is in a fraternity house, and I happen to be in the fraternity. I have set my prices to .50 cent cans/water and .75 cent Green Tea. I brought up YooHoo after reading this forum and the guys are getting pretty excited about it. I think I will be going to buy a case of it soon just to try it out. Green Tea wasn't selling at $1, so I dropped it down.

At these rates I make around .22-$30 cents/drink for everything, I did the math and worst case I pay off the machine in 6 months. Good thing I have no overhead....

#2258 Yoohoo

Posted by Vol Vending on 17 October 2007 - 09:46 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I too can get it for 40 cents, but I have my other cans set at 50 (.22 profit off each). I have found most people spend their whole dollar (somebody asks for their change, they are buying mixers)

I could sell the YooHoo cans for .75, but would people buy it?

#2257 What to Vend

Posted by Vol Vending on 17 October 2007 - 09:37 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

What are your best drink sellers? I currently serve:

Cans
Coke
Diet Coke
Sprite
Dr. Pepper
Mt. Dew

16.9 Bottles
Green Tea
Water

Coke, Mt. Dew, and Water have been selling best for me.
I still have one slot open, not sure what to serve. Any ideas?

#2256 Bottled Water

Posted by Vol Vending on 17 October 2007 - 09:34 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

How do you stock your water? Do you put in cap first (towards the back) or caps towards the front? I put mine cap towards the back and it will jam if I stock it full.

Lee

I vend both 16.9 Green Tea and Water. I alternate the direction they face every bottle, one faces forward, the other faces back. I have found they usually stack better this way too, no problems vending so far.

#2254 Bottled Water

Posted by Vol Vending on 17 October 2007 - 08:42 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

Well, you have to set your dial to only vend one drink at a time. If your doing cans 3 deep it is set to three. This will make the drum spin around all the way each time to pull in the new bottle. It will hold it in the same position as the cans, but will only hold one. When you vend, the bottle will drop and a new one will come all the way back around. Pull the back forward, too. Most machines have instructions on how to do this on the door... at least mine did.

#2244 Newbie Questions

Posted by Vol Vending on 16 October 2007 - 10:08 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

What you have to watch out for is your fellow employees knowing you own the machines and are profiting off of them. I just put a machine in my own fraternity house, and trust me when I say people will not use it just out of smite.

I paid $1200 for my soda machine off eBay, and have about $1500 in it after stocking drinks and having a local service guy look it over.

I am starting out small, knowing that it will take me minimum 6 months to break even. The way I see it, worst case I will still have a machine in a year (if it takes that long to pay off) that is worth at least $800

#2234 Bottled Water

Posted by Vol Vending on 15 October 2007 - 01:08 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I have a couple of DN501s that I may need to put bottles in. I have been told that I need to put a conversion kit in with shims and such. Has anybody tried using 16.9s in this machine without making adjustments? Do you think I could stick some bottles of water in and run it OK?

My machine has three larger columns on the right side. I tried putting bottles in these and they would jam when reaching the bottom because they didn't roll against one another like cans do. Instead I put them one on top of another, single deep, with the back spacer pulled forward. They simply push each other down without jamming. I made no adjustments to the "undercarriage" because the cans and 16.9 bottles are the same diameter.

#2116 Bottled Water

Posted by Vol Vending on 10 October 2007 - 12:08 PM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I get it at Sam's. Deer Park is owned by Nestle, most of their stuff comes in the same type of bottle. My machine won't handle 20 Oz bottles, but I have been running the 16.9's out of the same slots as cans with no problems.

If you attempt to do them in a bigger column they will usually jam when stacked side to side, I do them straight up on a thinner column in my machine and it has been working great.

#2102 Fraternity House

Posted by Vol Vending on 09 October 2007 - 08:02 AM in Snack & Soda Vending Chat Room

I recently placed a vending machine in a fraternity house last Friday. Having some trouble with the machine (it quit cooling when I moved it in) I left it running anyways. Selling cans at .50 cents the entire machine was empty after 24 hours. Note their was a football game that day with a party afterwards.

In checking the machine on now Tuesday (still working on the thermostat) I have only sold two cans and a few bottles of water. I think once it is up and cooling the demand will rise during the week for lunch/dinner times. I have decided to leave the prices at .50 cents because I think when one guy spends a dollar another one will ask for his change to buy too.

Any thoughts? Should I be worried about my machine?