35 replies to this topic

#26 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 09:09 PM

Well I got the snack machine put in today. Its a new HR32 and I will be putting in a BC10 (or CB10, I can remember).

Jeremiah

Excellent choice. The new HR32s are awesome since they use the exact software the BC10s do and the silver facia and seletion buttons are the same. I have this same setup in one of my accounts with a 3rd party Royal 650. The Wittern machines look better than anything else out there in my opinion. They look like vending machines dressed in tuxedos... ;) The only downside is that you must clean them often or that black paint gets real smudgy. <_<

#27 tedk

tedk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 15 September 2007 - 10:23 PM

Well I got the snack machine put in today. Its a new HR32 and I will be putting in a BC10 (or CB10, I can remember).

I took my lashes over the price increases. I found it was about a 50/50 split. Half said it doesn't matter what the price was when they get hungry they will buy it. The other half went through the I can get get it cheaper than that at the store, which isn't true. I had one guy ask what the chocolate price was when I told him $0.75 he said "thats just not right" and walked off before I had a chance to answer him.

Overall I'm glad I'm taking my beatings now. They had below market prices because they had 20 year old machines that didn't take dollars (one of the two drink machines took dollars the snack didn't). If I find that the location does decent volume I will be making good money instead of squeezed margins (thanks for the price kick in A$$ Ted).

I will be going back Monday morning to move the Coke and Pepsi machine into a storage area and put in my drink machine.
Jeremiah

Hang in there Jeremiah. You will get alittle flack for the first week or two then things will settle down. Nobody likes a price increase, but we all get used to it.
Ted

#28 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 05:06 AM

Hang in there Jeremiah. You will get alittle flack for the first week or two then things will settle down. Nobody likes a price increase, but we all get used to it.
Ted

Yeah, I was thinking of the irony the other day. The people at the Chevy dealership are upset over price? Have you seen what a new car cost (25-35k)? They bill $80 an hour for their mechanic and I'm out of line trying to get $0.75 for a candy bar?

BVI, I think the paint on these machines is kind of abrasive. When someone rubs their hand on the machine the paint pulls of the dead skin which show up as white scuffs. What do you clean the painted area with?

"They look like vending machines dressed in tuxedos... "

They do don't they.

Jeremiah

#29 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

Yeah, I was thinking of the irony the other day. The people at the Chevy dealership are upset over price? Have you seen what a new car cost (25-35k)? They bill $80 an hour for their mechanic and I'm out of line trying to get $0.75 for a candy bar?

I hear you on that one. When Toyota moved I went from 80 to 90 on pastries since 10 cents is as high of a rise as I go at a time. The owner came up to me and told me, "you know if you sell those for less you will sell more and make more money." He continued with, "its really just simple economics". I wanted to tell him that he should do the same with his cars but I restrained. I just said "look at the price of gas and the fact that my distributors have gone up on me for that reason as well." I sell more there now because of the bigger service department.

#30 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 03:51 PM

BVI, I think the paint on these machines is kind of abrasive. When someone rubs their hand on the machine the paint pulls of the dead skin which show up as white scuffs. What do you clean the painted area with?

Jeremiah

Yes, it is. Plus, their machines are black, so any smudge or dirt or even skin left behind leaves a smudge. I usually have to clean them about every other time I service them because I can't stand to see the build-up.

I use Advanage Wonder Cleaner. It's concentrated so you dillute it. One bottle has lasted me for over a year. I use it with micro-fiber towels I bought at Sam's. It takes off everything you can imagine. Fingerprints stay off glass for about 2 days after you clean. I'll order more of it in a few months. You can order some here: www.advanage.com.

#31 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 06:08 PM

Yes, it is. Plus, their machines are black, so any smudge or dirt or even skin left behind leaves a smudge. I usually have to clean them about every other time I service them because I can't stand to see the build-up.

I use Advanage Wonder Cleaner. It's concentrated so you dillute it. One bottle has lasted me for over a year. I use it with micro-fiber towels I bought at Sam's. It takes off everything you can imagine. Fingerprints stay off glass for about 2 days after you clean. I'll order more of it in a few months. You can order some here: www.advanage.com.

Well, got the drink machine installed today. I don't think that I will have a good idea what the machines will do for a couple of weeks. The Pepsi machine is still there, I moved the coke machine down the hall and turned it backwards. They started remodeling one of the back areas and have the customers coming in through another door until they get done. They don'tg see my machine right now unless they go looking for it.

Jeremiah

#32 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:12 PM

Well, got the drink machine installed today. I don't think that I will have a good idea what the machines will do for a couple of weeks. The Pepsi machine is still there, I moved the coke machine down the hall and turned it backwards. They started remodeling one of the back areas and have the customers coming in through another door until they get done. They don'tg see my machine right now unless they go looking for it.

Jeremiah

The Pepsi machine is old. It doesn't even take dollars. I have a feeling that Pepsi may not even come back for it. What can I do to pressure them. Is there a time limit on this kind of thing?

Jeremiah

#33 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:52 PM

The Pepsi machine is old. It doesn't even take dollars. I have a feeling that Pepsi may not even come back for it. What can I do to pressure them. Is there a time limit on this kind of thing?

Jeremiah

I am not sure of the legalities but you could have the dealership pressure pepsi to come get their machine or they will of dispose of it themselves. It depends what kind of contract they have w/ pepsi or if any. If they get no response, maybe they will sell it to you for a $1 or have a hauler come get it. Either way, it should not really be your worry, as long as your machine is in place and servicing YOUR customer!!!

My opinion.

Lee

#34 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

I am not sure of the legalities but you could have the dealership pressure pepsi to come get their machine or they will of dispose of it themselves. It depends what kind of contract they have w/ pepsi or if any. If they get no response, maybe they will sell it to you for a $1 or have a hauler come get it. Either way, it should not really be your worry, as long as your machine is in place and servicing YOUR customer!!!

My opinion.

Lee

I don't want their machines I just want them gone (like I said it won't even take a validator). My agreement says I am the only vendor at the location and until they are gone I am not (or I unplug the machine and move it). I raised prices on them when I came in, so as long as the other machines are there they will find a way to use them.

Funny thing about moving machines at this location the floors are some highly polished synthetic marble. One person can move a fully loaded drink machine just by pushing with out leaving a mark on the floor.

Jeremiah

#35 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:00 AM

I don't want their machines I just want them gone (like I said it won't even take a validator). My agreement says I am the only vendor at the location and until they are gone I am not (or I unplug the machine and move it). I raised prices on them when I came in, so as long as the other machines are there they will find a way to use them.

Funny thing about moving machines at this location the floors are some highly polished synthetic marble. One person can move a fully loaded drink machine just by pushing with out leaving a mark on the floor.

Jeremiah

I stopped in yesterday to check on the machines. Since I was just checking I didn't have any product with me. I had to move the desk that was blocking my machines in order to get in (like I said they are remodeling and the room is closed to customers right now). To my surprise some of the drink selections were more than half gone after only 48 hours :) It did about $40 in less than a a day and a half in just the drink machine.

I may have just joined the $1000 a month plus location club :) Now I just have to figure out how to fit the service of this account in to my schedule right now.

They asked me how often I would be by to service the machines. I told them that I would be by frequently as I used the chevy branded machines from USI. I said that if it were a Honda or Toyota machine I would be by once or twice a month, but the Chevy machines require more frequent service :) This is Nascar country with very devoted Ford and Chevy fans (I own two chevy's).

Jeremiah

#36 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 September 2007 - 05:58 PM

They asked me how often I would be by to service the machines. I told them that I would be by frequently as I used the chevy branded machines from USI. I said that if it were a Honda or Toyota machine I would be by once or twice a month, but the Chevy machines require more frequent service :) This is Nascar country with very devoted Ford and Chevy fans (I own two chevy's).

Jeremiah

What?? Chevy?? USI is the Chevy and not the Honda or Toyota?? :huh: I've always considered my BC10s to be far above the fray. Sure, they could use a little more capacity, but Chevy? Sheesh.