Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:06 PM

The company i work for has landed a large account but all
the machines must have debitek on them.
How reliable is something like this?

Are they using it already in cafeteria? I have an account that does this and there is a system for vending but its $60 a month per machine and we have 15 machines in the building. Instead we used Credit card acceptors from MEI and are now installing MEI recyclers in the main areas. We compromised until the company we use for credit transactions can develop a payroll deduction add on for the system in place.

#3 ram8201966

ram8201966

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 January 2010 - 09:49 PM

Are they using it already in cafeteria? I have an account that does this and there is a system for vending but its $60 a month per machine and we have 15 machines in the building. Instead we used Credit card acceptors from MEI and are now installing MEI recyclers in the main areas. We compromised until the company we use for credit transactions can develop a payroll deduction add on for the system in place.

ok the debitek system is a machine you put money in and it spits out a card with that dollar amount credited on the card. then that card is used in the vending machines. this is something that is being tried in the iowa state prisons. our company will be servicing 2 locations. i have not heard what the company has to pay monthly. thought it was just and initial equipment cost. the machines will only have the debitek card accepters and only one location will accept cash.
credit card acceptors are not an option. thanks

#4 marks_vending

marks_vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:VENDING

Posted 04 January 2010 - 09:37 PM

unless you have a big mark up on your products, you will need big volume to make it worth your while.

#5 C & J Enterprises

C & J Enterprises

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 11 January 2010 - 08:02 AM

If the account is that large, you may consider even putting in an ATM machine. You can make money off of each transaction. It may be an alternative if you don't want to keep the current system.

C&J Enterprises