• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Lone

Lone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:57 PM

Sorry if this has been asked before But I seam to be having problems finding information on this machine.

Bought this machine used and the directions are missing pages 1 to 10 , I only got pages 11 to 31.

I bought this machine to lower the prices in my shop for my crew to nearly cost, current vending company wont drop prices bellow 200% markup.
I don't need to make money on the machine I just want to make snacks more feasible for my crew and costco is around the corner..

My questions are the following..

1. I'm using this machine to replace a GO-380 which looks like the big brother to my machine.. My machine has 2x 20oz bays and 1 bay labeled .5 liter water bottles only.
Current vending company has a 16oz energy drink Can in this bay (im not sure if that machine has diff call out for that bay than mine does) was curious if any one knows if I can put 16oz cans in this bay or if im stuck with water only (we have a water dispensing unit already)

2. The directions say to pull out the middle section of the 20oz bays to load the back portion first then the front when stocking, I was looking at the machine (haven't stocked it yet) should it take much effort to pull those panels out? I tugged on them but stop for fear of bending them.

3. on page 14 of my manual it talks about resizing the 20oz bays with spacers to fit shorter bottles.. Are these the plates im seeing that separate the front and back loads or is this another part that I should worry about buying?

4. has any one tried to vend cigarettes from the "Candies" rows on this machine? or know if its possible?

5. my machine came with a bill reader.. but the bill reader says $1 nothing about $5 bills and i haven't had a chance to try it.. is it possible to put a new bill reader in that accepts $5's as well? if so is there a special model i need to get or would most any reader work?

Sorry for all the questions.. Genesis doesn't want to talk to me unless I pay them.. sad.gif

Any and all information is greatly appreciated.. and if someone can point me to a pdf of the completed manual for this machine that would be super great!

Thanks ahead of time!

#2 Lone

Lone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 June 2010 - 09:33 AM

31 Views and not even someone to poke fun at me? :unsure:

*Bump*

#3 For The Kids Vending

For The Kids Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

This board is a bit too friendly to make fun of you. :-)

I'm guessing the number you tried for Genesis is 516-483-2222. If they won't help you because you didn't buy direct from them then I'd avoid them in the future. Good to know. They didn't post full manuals online and a google search didn't find anything. You might try calling a distributor - http://www.dropsvending.com/ is at the top of the google search but there might be something in your area. You should in the very least be able to buy a manual.

As far as finding out if you can use 16 oz cans or cigaretts, etc just grab a bunch and try them. I don't have one of these machines but it is your basic spiral so figure out where the cigaretts fit comfortably and just do it. The chip spirals would probably be too wide and the cigaretts might get stuck next to the spiral, but if you have 4-5 packs and just test it like crazy (and add some homemade shims, whatever) you should be able to find out. For the drinks get 10 of them or so and load it up to see what happens. First try with just 2 or so to see if they drop properly and if it keeps working load it up. The big worry is that if the 16 oz cans are narrower than the water bottles then they may jam the mechanism (the rotating part at the bottom assuming Genesis machines work similar to regular soda machines) but if it is about the same width then that shouldn't be a problem.

As far as removing the 20 oz bay look for something to squeeze, push, pull, etc. Or pick up the phone and call who you bought it from or every person whose number you can find that sells these until somebody tells you the trick.

For the $5.00 load up the coin mechanism and try it. You'd need enough coins there to make change for it to work assuming it has one. Or just get the model number of the coin mech and the bill changer and find the manual for them. If they use standard companies (Mars, Coinco, etc) the manuals can be found for free online.

#4 Lone

Lone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 June 2010 - 04:09 PM

Some follow up on this..

The vendor -FINELY- got there machine out of my shop (after 2weeks of saying they will and not doing it..)

1. seams the 16oz cans would work.. but there too short (height wise) and I seam to be missing the re-sizer plates. So even after filling the whole front portion with cans.. it still reads as sold out and refuses to vend that slot..

2. figured this out.. it does take a bit of a tug (down) then forward (toward yourself) to pop the middle separators to stock the back portion of the slots.

3. After getting the machine open and stocking it I looked around the inside.. I am in fact missing the plates that let you resize the height for the 20oz slots.. this going to make things hard (right now i cant vend from the .5L slot or the 2 20oz slots)

4. Cigarettes are indeed barely too wide to put in the candy bar slots, soft packs might work.. i only tried the Boxed ones because thats what would have been in the machine.. But they do seem like they would work fine in the chip bag slots..

5. Didn't get to try this but don't really care now seams most common bill will be a $1.00 anyhow..

#5 Lone

Lone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 07:25 AM

Some follow up with this machine and the Manufacturer..

1. I ordered The missing spacers for my machine.. ($20.00 per set) I placed the order on 7/1 and then went out on vacation.. When I came back on 7/13 to my dismay I only have *1* spacer.. Which is about as useful as having none.. I call up support and told them about the issue and they said that they are sold that way.. I asked the guy if the machine required a spacer in both front and back and he said yes. So then I asked him "So if I requested a *set* for C3 why did you guys send me only half of the set?" and his response was that was how it was sold.. Then I told the guy that it was a rip off to sell something so simple for such a expensive price, it took some arguing for them to admit there was something wrong with the shipment.. Long story short (yea it gets longer) they are sending me the other part to the set but I live in California and they are in NY and it will take 3-5days to get here.. Making that slot in my machine useless that much longer.. They refuse to expedite the part unless i paid for the expedite services.

5. I talked to support and they informed me my bill accepter *should* read $5.00 bills at lest the old style bills.. After testing this it was proven to be wrong I tried 10 different $5.00 Bills new and old and none of them worked. But apparently I can pay a service fee and send in the bill accepter somewhere local and have it reprogrammed to accept the new $5.00 Bills..

Also I paid the $10.00 for a copy of the Manual for the machine.. Seams my partial manual wasn't missing much except the un-boxing of the machine when new. The price of this manual is way too expensive for how simplistic it is..

The spacers for this machine are way too expensive as well..

#6 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 09:20 PM

Some follow up with this machine and the Manufacturer..

1. I ordered The missing spacers for my machine.. ($20.00 per set) I placed the order on 7/1 and then went out on vacation.. When I came back on 7/13 to my dismay I only have *1* spacer.. Which is about as useful as having none.. I call up support and told them about the issue and they said that they are sold that way.. I asked the guy if the machine required a spacer in both front and back and he said yes. So then I asked him "So if I requested a *set* for C3 why did you guys send me only half of the set?" and his response was that was how it was sold.. Then I told the guy that it was a rip off to sell something so simple for such a expensive price, it took some arguing for them to admit there was something wrong with the shipment.. Long story short (yea it gets longer) they are sending me the other part to the set but I live in California and they are in NY and it will take 3-5days to get here.. Making that slot in my machine useless that much longer.. They refuse to expedite the part unless i paid for the expedite services.

5. I talked to support and they informed me my bill accepter *should* read $5.00 bills at lest the old style bills.. After testing this it was proven to be wrong I tried 10 different $5.00 Bills new and old and none of them worked. But apparently I can pay a service fee and send in the bill accepter somewhere local and have it reprogrammed to accept the new $5.00 Bills..

Also I paid the $10.00 for a copy of the Manual for the machine.. Seams my partial manual wasn't missing much except the un-boxing of the machine when new. The price of this manual is way too expensive for how simplistic it is..

The spacers for this machine are way too expensive as well..

Welcome to the world of vending. I am not trying to dog you but this is the reason vending companies charge what they do. They go through what you are going through x 100. They deal with parts going bad,parts coming in wrong, people complaing, cost going up, machines getting broke into, product going bad before it is sold, machines breaking etc. Vending can be expensive to run. People think most vending companies are just putting the chips, candy etc in and then pulling out loads of cash. Vending companies for the most part are just trying to make a fair profit for what they do. The market will keep them in line with pricing for the most part.

I have seen locations that wanted to do their own vending and try it. They called us back after a few months and then sold us the machine they bought at a fraction of the cost. The bill acceptor alone cost around $40.00 an hour plus parts to be worked on.

Don’t get me wrong I appreciate any employer trying to look after its people and wanting them to have the cheaper prices. However vending can be a pain if you are not prepared to deal with it.

I wish you would have posted on here before buying and I would have recommended you bought a locker with a lock and just sold the items that way. I am not familiar with your machine or I would be glad to give you some advice. Good luck and I hope you get it all worked out….

#7 Lone

Lone

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:02 AM

Locker with a Lock wouldn't have worked too well for what im doing.. Because people buy randomly though out the day..

But thanks for the insight RJT!

#8 Willio

Willio

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:37 AM

Check to see if you have an ICT BL 700 USD2 bill acceptor. If you do then accepting the $5 is as simple as flipping the DIP switch 7 to on. Its really that simple. On ebay they sell upgrade chips that allow you to accept 10s and 20s.

Do a google search for ICT BL 700 USD2 and you should find the manual. You can also upgrade the bill acceptor to the USD4 and it will accept everything. Should be a simple swap out. Its about $120 for the new unit.