• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 Vol Vending

Vol Vending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Anybody have experience with CT-48s by Coinco? They don't make them anymore, but you can still find them used and get parts online.

I want to buy one, but want to hear from some other people.

#2 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 02:13 PM

Anybody have experience with CT-48s by Coinco? They don't make them anymore, but you can still find them used and get parts online.

MEI is better. As long as you get one compatible to your hookup. I'm not a tech guy, so I don't know the specifics, but if you can talk to someone who knows anything about it, I would identify the MEI equivalent to the Coinco you are seeking and buy that.

#3 tedk

tedk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 05:57 PM

The CT - 48 has three columns that hold 17 cans each for a total of 51. It is only suitable for small locations. The interior is a lot of plastic. There are a few small pieces that are easy to break off if you have to take it apart to service it. It is fairly straight forward to use and you can get a manual from the Coinco website if you need. If you decide to get one and can't get a manual let me know and I'll see if I can find a copy.
Ted

#4 Vol Vending

Vol Vending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 06:47 PM

I have looked all over the net, found just a few. Does anybody else make a machine this size?

#5 tedk

tedk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

I don't think anyone else makes a unit like this. Try E-Bay and Craigslist. There are usually some available every couple of weeks.
Ted

#6 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 07:30 PM

The CT - 48 has three columns that hold 17 cans each for a total of 51. It is only suitable for small locations. The interior is a lot of plastic. There are a few small pieces that are easy to break off if you have to take it apart to service it. It is fairly straight forward to use and you can get a manual from the Coinco website if you need. If you decide to get one and can't get a manual let me know and I'll see if I can find a copy.
Ted

Well I never knew Coinco actually made vending machines. That's a new one for me! I thought you all were talking about coin mechs!

#7 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 June 2008 - 08:58 PM

Try these links. Some of these companies should be able to help you. Prices seem high to me for these, but you know what you need.

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/...Q2em118Q2el1247

http://www.vendingma...oinco-ct48.aspx

http://www.kanesvend...manufacturer=13

http://vendomachines...g_Machines.html

#8 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:34 PM

Well I never knew Coinco actually made vending machines. That's a new one for me! I thought you all were talking about coin mechs!

Coinco makes mosty of the control boards in machines or at least has something to do with it. They developed MDB as well. They made the complete board for the LCM machines from AP(Im pretty sure). Coinco is better at things you didnt know they did then acutally making coin mechs and validators, except maybe the vortexs that came out in around '04.

#9 Vol Vending

Vol Vending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 07:31 PM

Do any of you guys have these machines in service? Or have you used them in the past? I have heard some of the parts are easily breakable but I can find them. I really want one for novelty use, once I get one I might consider putting one out somewhere... really neat how small they are.

#10 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 09:14 PM

Coinco makes mosty of the control boards in machines or at least has something to do with it. They developed MDB as well. They made the complete board for the LCM machines from AP(Im pretty sure). Coinco is better at things you didnt know they did then acutally making coin mechs and validators, except maybe the vortexs that came out in around '04.

Yeah, the Vortexes are pretty good coin mechs. Don't think I've ever had any problems with the ones I have in service. The cheaper models they've put out seem to jam every now and then with a quarter flopping on top of the nickel or dime tube for example.

#11 djpvending

djpvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:33 AM

i have 2 of them here that are reconditioned in the showroom.... if you have an interest let me know....the # here is 1 800 233 5413 in ohio....

#12 tedk

tedk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 10:53 AM

I used one in a small account for 3 or 4 months. The account didn't even warrant a machine this small but it was a friends place. I pulled it and sold it off because it really wasn't worth going in to service.

If it sells out that is 50 sales. You will have to decide if 50 sales is enough to put a machine in for. If you sell out weekly you would probably want something larger. If 50 sales every two or three weeks is enough for you, go for it.

Ted

#13 Oliver

Oliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:15 PM

Hi,
I am located in Western Massachusetts in Chicopee MA
I have 9 Coinco CT48's out setup in locations. All running good. NICE ROUTE.
I also have about 21 in need of repairs....broken doors, finicky coin mechs. I am looking for someone in my area who would like to pick up a small route, and anyone else who would like to purchase these for parts.

Both my wife and I are 73. She was just diagnosed (MRI) with DDD , Degenerative Disc Disease.
I have a serious lung disease and am on Oxygen most of the day.
It's time for us to get out of this business!!
Kindly let me know where to go from here.

Thank you very much
John Marceau
370 Grove St.,
Chicopee, MA 01020
413-594-8121
413-592-7332
john.marceau@verizon.net

#14 Oliver

Oliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:16 PM

Ted

Hi,
I also have about 21 in need of repairs....broken doors, finicky coin mechs. I am looking for someone in my area who would like to pick up a small route, and anyone else who would like to purchase these for parts.

Both my wife and I are 73. She was just diagnosed (MRI) with DDD , Degenerative Disc Disease.

Thank you very much
John Marceau
370 Grove St.,
Chicopee, MA 01020
413-594-8121
413-592-7332
john.marceau@verizon.net

#15 Oliver

Oliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

I have looked all over the net, found just a few. Does anybody else make a machine this size?

Hi,

Thank you very much
John Marceau
370 Grove St.,
Chicopee, MA 01020
413-594-8121
413-592-7332
john.marceau@verizon.net

#16 Oliver

Oliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:20 PM

I don't think anyone else makes a unit like this. Try E-Bay and Craigslist. There are usually some available every couple of weeks.
Ted

Hi,

Thank you very much
John Marceau
370 Grove St.,
Chicopee, MA 01020
413-594-8121
413-592-7332
john.marceau@verizon.net

#17 marks_vending

marks_vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:VENDING

Posted 19 November 2009 - 02:49 PM

speaking from personal experience, the CT-48 is one of the best machines ever used. I have 14 on my vending route. They are the best because they have ZERO motors for the pop itself. The machine works on the law of gravity. You load up the 3 columns, and when someone puts the money in, they open the door and pull out a pop, and when the door closes, the next pop can falls right into place. Simple gravity. There are ZERO buttons for the customer to pull out, they just open a door. They are virtually maintenance free as there are no moving parts or switches to go out on them. They have a compressor and a fan and that's pretty much it. The doors are a thick plastic that have a "sold out" label behind them, so a customer can look through and see the sold out sign when they are out of pop. They are the easiest machine to use and you can carry them around, don't need 2 people or a truck, they fit in the trunk of my car. Hope this helps,

Mark's Vending Services
Belleville Ontario

#18 Oliver

Oliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:33 PM

speaking from personal experience, the CT-48 is one of the best machines ever used. I have 14 on my vending route. They are the best because they have ZERO motors for the pop itself. The machine works on the law of gravity. You load up the 3 columns, and when someone puts the money in, they open the door and pull out a pop, and when the door closes, the next pop can falls right into place. Simple gravity. There are ZERO buttons for the customer to pull out, they just open a door. They are virtually maintenance free as there are no moving parts or switches to go out on them. They have a compressor and a fan and that's pretty much it. The doors are a thick plastic that have a "sold out" label behind them, so a customer can look through and see the sold out sign when they are out of pop. They are the easiest machine to use and you can carry them around, don't need 2 people or a truck, they fit in the trunk of my car. Hope this helps,

Mark's Vending Services
Belleville Ontario

#19 Oliver

Oliver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:36 PM

Hi,
I'm looking for someone or some vending company that would like to
take 20 ct48's for refurbishing or for parts.

I also have 10 out in the field in good working condition.
My wife and I are 74 and need to get out of the business. I was diagnosed 2 1/2 years ago with Pulmonary Fibrosis with a life expectancy of 3 years. Do the math!!
Then to top that off I had a heart attack a couple of weeks ago. !!!
The 20 machines that I have
at home are in need of repairs...coin mech adjustments....some broken doors.....etc.
I live in Chicopee Massachusetts and would like to know the nearest business that would purchase those 20. The 10 in the field I will try to sell here as a route.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thank you
John Marceau

#20 Dirk

Dirk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:55 AM

Dear John Marceau :

If you want to sell a route, one of the "best" business brokers is Sunbelt Business Brokers. Although you are charged a fee for their service, the chance that you will sell the route is increased dramatically. It is not easy to market a business for sale, espically with the health problems you discussed.

Good luck and God Bless.

#21 Garage screen

Garage screen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:05 PM

Hi  I have a Ct- 48 and am waiting for a new accepter/changer.  How do I open the dispenser doors manually as it is full of beer and don't want to keep opening unit everytime I want a can.  HELP !!!!

#22 Garage screen

Garage screen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 05:09 PM

Where can I get a manual for ct 48 coinco  The coinco website doesn't have actual pop machine manuals

#23 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:36 AM

If you will PM me your email address, I will send you a PDF of the manual.  If you are still having trouble with the machine after going through the manual, let us know.

#24 Garage screen

Garage screen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 04:40 PM

Hi  thanks  Just  found manual   How do I manually get cans out of machine  I was told to jamb the black plastic part at lowe right of rack  I don't want to try this yet as I don't want to break part

#25 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Follow the diagram on page 11 of the manual to allow one mechanical free vend at a time.  The black plastic interlock lever attached to the solenoid is what you will move toward the back of the machine until it is locked in place by a plastic catch.  When you open a door to remove a product, the latch will reset and then you move it to the back again for the next free vend.

Do you need another coin changer for this machine?  You can PM me for information.