Close
Photo
- - - - -

Cavalier multi-price coke - programming password?

soda vending beverage vending cold beverage vending

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 tjbeyer

tjbeyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 01:08 PM

I'm very experienced with Royal and Dixie Narco coke. That being said, I took a gamble on a recent purchase of a Cavalier C-9 coke machine.

It looks like the machine has been upgraded to a multi-price machine at some point in its life, as it came with the old coin entry plate and harnesses.

My issue: I can't get into the password protected portion of the menu. I've tried [4231] [1234] [4321] [4123], and some other simple combinations. Available # options are 1-9 using all of the selection buttons. Without access to the password protected part, I can't change pricing (currently free vend) or Space-to-sales configurations.

My question: Is there a different default password? Or is there a way to do a factory reset (assuming that the password has been changed and I don't know what it is)? -- The timekeeper chip on the logic board appears to be soldered in, not socketed.

Display is 8 character dot-matrix (instead of the usual 4 character LED display).

Pictures:

http://imgur.com/a/yCX6E#0

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 10 October 2014 - 03:12 PM

The Cavalier was built with the logic board in it for Coke.  I can't tell which chip you think is the Timekeeper or battery chip.  I don't see a yellow timekeeper so yours might be soldered on.  I have no idea where to even get a Cavalier C9 manual from so you're kind of stuck.  You did say you took a gamble on this. :(

Have you tried pressing the enter button before entering the code or after entering the code?  You'll remember that some machines need the enter pressed before or after entry of the numbers.  4,2,3,1 should be the code unless it's been changed.  If you don't have any success then you need to find a board repair shop who is familiar with the board.  They might be able to help you or you can send it to them for a reset.