• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 coien76

coien76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 07:25 AM

I have have a vintage1960 National Vending 21ce snack machine that works great but I am having trouble pricing items.

It has 10 trays and 21 sections but only 8 dip switches for pricing. If I change the dip switches it changes the prices on the items in a very random order. I believe I have to change a few wires around but I am not sure.

Is anyone familiar with this machine or know where I might find a manual for it?

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

I have have a vintage1960 National Vending 21ce snack machine that works great but I am having trouble pricing items. It has 10 trays and 21 sections but only 8 dip switches for pricing. If I change the dip switches it changes the prices on the items in a very random order. I believe I have to change a few wires around but I am not sure. Is anyone familiar with this machine or know where I might find a manual for it?

Can you post a pic? Tray configure is confusing me 10 tray 21 sel? what coin mechanism is it using and where are the dip switches located? I've been doing this for 35 years and thats a 50 year old machine. But I bet I can figure it out. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#3 coien76

coien76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 09:50 AM

Can you post a pic? Tray configure is confusing me 10 tray 21 sel? what coin mechanism is it using and where are the dip switches located? I've been doing this for 35 years and thats a 50 year old machine. But I bet I can figure it out. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

The coin mech says Acer 5230a

http://i1158.photobu...76/1ba21b7a.jpg

http://i1158.photobu...76/d1425dd8.jpg

http://i1158.photobu...76/f52ab40e.jpg

#4 coien76

coien76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 02:10 PM

Here is a pick of the trays.

http://i1158.photobu...76/d0d33497.jpg

#5 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:56 PM

You have 8 price lines on the board you are only using 5 that I can tell and they are all priced at .60. There should be more switches somewhere OR 2 shelves are using one price line. There are 5 wires plugged in on the right side of the board with letters that correspond with letters at the dip switches. directions for pricing is on the board. I suggest you price A.05 B.10 C.15 D.20 E.25 cents. Then test vend .05 and see what selections will vend at .05. I'm going to guess the top 2 shelves will be priced .05. See if you can figure the pattern out it will be simple. Once you figure the price lines then you can set prices accordingly. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#6 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:57 PM

Oh....Nice pics

#7 coien76

coien76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:34 AM

See thats where it gets confusing. If i change dip switch A to say .50 it will change in a very random order.
the trays are laid out as follows
1F F=front
1R R=rear
2F
2R
3F
3M M=Middle
3R
ETC.....

Now dip switch 'A' set to .50 changes 1st and 2nd shelves then 4F and 7R to .50
Thats where I think they are wired funny, And I looked everywhere and no more dip switches.
I set everything at .60 to get the fairest pricing for myself and the customer. (this machine is in a plant that I manage, I am a general manager for a dry cleaner and do vending part time) So it is easy to puts with it unlike if it was on location at a customers place of business.

I did find out it is actually American Vendor and not American Vending and someone said they are still in business, I am going to contact them and see if they have an old manual laying around, but I doubt it seeing the age of the machine.

#8 coien76

coien76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:43 AM

Phone call after phone call and getting transferred and put on hold nobody has a manual.
They suggested I have a service tech come out. Not going to do that.

#9 JBVending

JBVending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I think the changer prices connect to a price board so you can select any of the prices for a selection.

JB

#10 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:38 PM

See thats where it gets confusing. If i change dip switch A to say .50 it will change in a very random order.
the trays are laid out as follows
1F F=front
1R R=rear
2F
2R
3F
3M M=Middle
3R
ETC.....

Now dip switch 'A' set to .50 changes 1st and 2nd shelves then 4F and 7R to .50
Thats where I think they are wired funny, And I looked everywhere and no more dip switches.
I set everything at .60 to get the fairest pricing for myself and the customer. (this machine is in a plant that I manage, I am a general manager for a dry cleaner and do vending part time) So it is easy to puts with it unlike if it was on location at a customers place of business.

I did find out it is actually American Vendor and not American Vending and someone said they are still in business, I am going to contact them and see if they have an old manual laying around, but I doubt it seeing the age of the machine.

With out seeing the machine and coils it is hard. It is possible that they used a mixture of narrow and wide coils per price line. That is why I said to test it the way I said you can go through and write it down it will make sense. Also each price line has a different colored wire that color will run through each motor on that price line. i.e. A is red so if all those motors you tested have a red wire then they will be on the same price line. Just a thought.
vend1ng

#11 vend_dr

vend_dr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 09:28 PM

Pricing this machine is a 2 step process. You need to set the prices on the board with the dip switches for each price line A thru E in your case. Then you need to go to the board that is mounted under the trays. This second board will have a bunch of wires (1 for each selection). This board should also have A thru E marks on it. You need to move the individual selection wire to the correct price line.

Say you set price "A" to 75 cents. - you would need to move all of the individual selection wires you want priced to 75 cents to that price line.
If you have price "B" set to $1 - you move all of the selection wires you want priced to 1 dollar to that price line.

As I recall the selection wires are color coded - originally there would have been a sticker telling you what color went to what selection - hopefully it is still there.

#12 coien76

coien76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 01:08 PM

Vend_dr & Vend1ng,

Thank you guys so much!!! I never of thought it was a two step process. Everything is priced the way I want now and it works great.

AGAIN THANK YOU!