Close
Photo
- - - - -

Vendo 475, dixie narco changer, stopped working.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 railsidewash

railsidewash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:17 AM

I have recently got into the vending business, well kind of. I live in a very small town and have recently aquired the local car wash. I found what I thought was a good deal on an old Vendo model V475 soda machine. The person I bought it from is very helpful and knowledgable about these machines, and has helped me fix issues in the past and has even given me parts for free. I kind of feel a couple diffrent ways about this person. I appreciate his help and I feel I have overstayed my welcome a little when it comes to diagnosing this machine, on the other hand I think he sold me a piece of junk. I immediatly started having problems with the bill acceptor, it is USA I believe. He changed it out for another used one and it works okay now, except for throwing of a belt once and a while. This morning I showed up and the dixie narco changer is not working at all. It just lets the coin go right through to the change cleanout, also the switches that allow me to dump change out of the hoppers does not work anymore. I am kind of fed up, I could go back to the guy that sold it and get more parts but it seems I am exchanging junk for junk. What would it take to just put a new acceptor and changer in this to get up to date with everything? Does anyone have any idea where start diagnosing my current equiptment? From what little I have learned, this is a single price only machine and from what I was told, the plug that plugs into the machine from the dixie changer also represents that.

Unfortunatly this town is small enough, when a machine such as this doesn't work, people remember and just eventuly stop using it. That is why I would like to get some newer equiptment inside. So just to be clear, can anyone help diagnose whats going on now? and can anyone reccomend what would work for new or rebuilt changers and acceptors, what to look for, where to buy, basically what would work in this machine to get me up to date with something I can trust when I walk away from it.

Thank you.

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

I have recently got into the vending business, well kind of. I live in a very small town and have recently aquired the local car wash. I found what I thought was a good deal on an old Vendo model V475 soda machine. The person I bought it from is very helpful and knowledgable about these machines, and has helped me fix issues in the past and has even given me parts for free. I kind of feel a couple diffrent ways about this person. I appreciate his help and I feel I have overstayed my welcome a little when it comes to diagnosing this machine, on the other hand I think he sold me a piece of junk. I immediatly started having problems with the bill acceptor, it is USA I believe. He changed it out for another used one and it works okay now, except for throwing of a belt once and a while. This morning I showed up and the dixie narco changer is not working at all. It just lets the coin go right through to the change cleanout, also the switches that allow me to dump change out of the hoppers does not work anymore. I am kind of fed up, I could go back to the guy that sold it and get more parts but it seems I am exchanging junk for junk. What would it take to just put a new acceptor and changer in this to get up to date with everything? Does anyone have any idea where start diagnosing my current equiptment? From what little I have learned, this is a single price only machine and from what I was told, the plug that plugs into the machine from the dixie changer also represents that. Unfortunatly this town is small enough, when a machine such as this doesn't work, people remember and just eventuly stop using it. That is why I would like to get some newer equiptment inside. So just to be clear, can anyone help diagnose whats going on now? and can anyone reccomend what would work for new or rebuilt changers and acceptors, what to look for, where to buy, basically what would work in this machine to get me up to date with something I can trust when I walk away from it. Thank you.

If the vali is rolling the belt off you probably need a new belt kit. I need to know the model of coinmech you have. Then I will be able to help better determine repair or replace. Few things to check do the motors vend manually when pushing switch on motors? Have you checked the coin mech for jammed coins? Does the vali try and take bills when the coinmech doesn't work? Just a thought.
vend1ng

#3 railsidewash

railsidewash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:49 AM

I will get the model of the coinmech this afternoon when I go back there. When I showed up this morning the bill acceptor was saying coins only, the flashes on the bill acceptor indicated that the acceptor needed replaced. I unplugged it and plugged it back in, it cycled and then never lit up anything. it would not take bills and the change runs right through. Is it odd that the coin mech will not disburse the coins in the hoppers (nickels, dimes, and quarters. none work). I don't know, thanks for this help. I will get you the model this afternoon.

#4 railsidewash

railsidewash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 04:17 PM

I got the model number, it is a -MC 5800 DH- the serial number is -604-09875-, like I stated before the bill acceptor was reading coins only this morning but now it says nothing and will not pull a bill in. i tripped one of the microswitches on the machine and it will vend a soda. Now that i think of it should I have tried every row? would that make any difference? If a row was jammed would that prevent it from accepting money or vending anything else? If that were true though why wouldnt it still dispence change when I flip the switches. Thanks again for any ideas or advice.

UPDATE: I messed up, it is Mars changer, Dixie Narco bill acceptor USA 15, SORRY

#5 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 11:13 PM

I got the model number, it is a -MC 5800 DH- the serial number is -604-09875-, like I stated before the bill acceptor was reading coins only this morning but now it says nothing and will not pull a bill in. i tripped one of the microswitches on the machine and it will vend a soda. Now that i think of it should I have tried every row? would that make any difference? If a row was jammed would that prevent it from accepting money or vending anything else? If that were true though why wouldnt it still dispence change when I flip the switches. Thanks again for any ideas or advice.

UPDATE: I messed up, it is Mars changer, Dixie Narco bill acceptor USA 15, SORRY

Ok, This is important, the payout switches should work if there is power to the mech. The vali gets its power from the mech. I need to know if the vali is powered up with the payout switches not working? ( there are exceptions to everything but that is the basic). Vali doesn't have to work I just need to know if it has power and if it will start to pull bill in. Yes a motor jam can cause the mech to not work but payouts should work with exceptions. You still need to check for jammed coins in mech and coin tubes. NOTE: you need to unplug coin mech when pulling the coin acceptor out. You also need to make your self familiar with the acceptor. When you pull it out there will be copper board connectors at the bottom they need to be checked for arcing and dirt. They can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Let me know what you find. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#6 railsidewash

railsidewash

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:52 AM

I manually ran every motor this morning and every column vended fine. The bill validator has power to and is blinking an error, according to what the lable says the error that states the following "vendor- credit empty". When I unplug and plug in the coin mech. the bill acceptor cylces. I removed the coin mech. and took off the front top piece, the one that removes by pushing up the two tabs at the top and pulls out from the bottom. After removing that I could not see any coins jammed. I dumped out enough coins to put the levels at half way to see if maybe it would help start vending again due to the fact it has lower coin levels, no luck. When I removed the front piece I noticed a red light on, not sure what that indicates but maybe that means something to someone. It really seems like the coin mech. is allowing power to pass through to the bill acceptor but none of its functions are operating correctly. It has been a really hot dry summer here and I thought that something would fail eventually but now it has cooled down, its odd that all the sudden it stopped now. This machined did though encounter its first rain since it was put back into service 3 months ago, maybe it got some moisture somewhere it wasn't supposed to. Thanks for the help.

#7 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 10:21 PM

I manually ran every motor this morning and every column vended fine. The bill validator has power to and is blinking an error, according to what the lable says the error that states the following "vendor- credit empty". When I unplug and plug in the coin mech. the bill acceptor cylces. I removed the coin mech. and took off the front top piece, the one that removes by pushing up the two tabs at the top and pulls out from the bottom. After removing that I could not see any coins jammed. I dumped out enough coins to put the levels at half way to see if maybe it would help start vending again due to the fact it has lower coin levels, no luck. When I removed the front piece I noticed a red light on, not sure what that indicates but maybe that means something to someone. It really seems like the coin mech. is allowing power to pass through to the bill acceptor but none of its functions are operating correctly. It has been a really hot dry summer here and I thought that something would fail eventually but now it has cooled down, its odd that all the sudden it stopped now. This machined did though encounter its first rain since it was put back into service 3 months ago, maybe it got some moisture somewhere it wasn't supposed to. Thanks for the help.

If what you say is the way it is and the payouts don't work them coin mech needs repaired. Now the bad news not many people work on the MC5000 series mechs any more. The head has to be tuned on a computer, Which I can do but the cost of repair will be 75.00 - 100.00. you can pick up a TRC6800H coinmech for that price and would be much better than repairing yours. Just a thought.
Vend1ng