• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CoryWM

CoryWM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 01:20 AM

I have the opportunity to pick up a soda machine. I believe it is a Vendo 475. I can get the unit for $100. The problem I've noticed is the coin mech is missing from it.

I don't know where to start looking as I don't know what coin mechs are compatible with it. Then on top of that, if I'm buying a used one or new one what one would I be on the lookout for?

The numbers I could find on the inside of the machine:
475 Unit
389149c

It has Orange Crush logo on it. It has a bill acceptor also, but the indicator light inside the machine blinks 5 times indicating a bill jam? I suspect it might just do that because it's not hooked up to a coin mech? There is also a wiring harness that is a 6 plug that is not connected to anything. It looks like it would connect to the coin mech if it had one. Only 2 wires go to it even though it is a 6 plug.

The machine would be for a tropical fish store in which I am opening in a few months. I've seen some other soda machines do well in on fish stores. Due to the humidity and heat in them naturally it makes people thirsty obviously.

If anyone could give me some advice on where to start with the coin mechs that'd be great. I plan to go take pictures of the unit inside and out. This will help people indentify it and be good for me troubleshooting any further problems.

It had a sign on it that says if the soda doesn't dispense then hold the button down for a few seconds. Also the previous owner said it had to be cycled a few times when restocked. As in you'd vend each column of cans 2-3 times after restocking.

If those 2 comments raise any other maintence flags that'd be nice to hear about ahead of time.

Thanks.

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:01 PM

I have the opportunity to pick up a soda machine. I believe it is a Vendo 475. I can get the unit for $100. The problem I've noticed is the coin mech is missing from it.

I don't know where to start looking as I don't know what coin mechs are compatible with it. Then on top of that, if I'm buying a used one or new one what one would I be on the lookout for?

The numbers I could find on the inside of the machine:
475 Unit
389149c

It has Orange Crush logo on it. It has a bill acceptor also, but the indicator light inside the machine blinks 5 times indicating a bill jam? I suspect it might just do that because it's not hooked up to a coin mech? There is also a wiring harness that is a 6 plug that is not connected to anything. It looks like it would connect to the coin mech if it had one. Only 2 wires go to it even though it is a 6 plug.

The machine would be for a tropical fish store in which I am opening in a few months. I've seen some other soda machines do well in on fish stores. Due to the humidity and heat in them naturally it makes people thirsty obviously.

If anyone could give me some advice on where to start with the coin mechs that'd be great. I plan to go take pictures of the unit inside and out. This will help people indentify it and be good for me troubleshooting any further problems.

It had a sign on it that says if the soda doesn't dispense then hold the button down for a few seconds. Also the previous owner said it had to be cycled a few times when restocked. As in you'd vend each column of cans 2-3 times after restocking.

If those 2 comments raise any other maintence flags that'd be nice to hear about ahead of time.

Thanks.

The 475 is a very good machine, BUT! can come in many different configurations since Vendo has been making the 475 for over 35 years. If I had pics it would help a lot. A pic of where the coin mech mounts would be great. A slight problem is bill acceptor flashing 5 is strange since there is no coin mech it should be flashing 2 "disconnected from coin mech". Also need to know what kind of bill acceptor you have. Does the machine have a digital read out on the front?
Vend1ng