How to learn

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 globalstar

globalstar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:We are a full line vendor. We have arcade machines and soda and snack machines.

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:12 AM

It seems most of these forums are pretty general and lack detail. In other words I am buying a large vending company that has snack, cola and arcade equipment. The systems are sloppy so I am looking for a proven business system like:

Best brand of machines for drink and snack?
Best forms to use (contract) ?
Buy new or used snack machines?
Location info like: Best sites, salesperson location training etc.
Their are to many books to choose 1 or 2 to study. So I am looking for advise from people who have been in the business. Wher should i turn?

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 05:49 PM

It seems most of these forums are pretty general and lack detail. In other words I am buying a large vending company that has snack, cola and arcade equipment. The systems are sloppy so I am looking for a proven business system like: Best brand of machines for drink and snack? Best forms to use (contract) ? Buy new or used snack machines? Location info like: Best sites, salesperson location training etc. Their are to many books to choose 1 or 2 to study. So I am looking for advise from people who have been in the business. Wher should i turn?

The issue here is your looking at the whole thing the wrong way. The important part is "Return on investment" (ROI). There is a place for every machine made BUT! not every place can use the same machine. Contracts are not worth much. i.e. your putting machines in another persons business if they don't want you anymore your out. They will never agree to a contract that doesn't give them that out. Of all the contracts or agreements I have made have been customized to that location. There are people on here that have written books and offer their services as a consultant I would check on that. there is alot of advice on here and since there has been no replys to this post I would say you have been contacted by people already my advice is run from them. If they don't pitch their stuff on here publicly they know we will tear them apart and be very cautious. If your serious I would talk to you on the phone it would take 30 min to an hour and if you will listen I would save you thousands of dollars in mistakes. I've done this for a living for almost 30 yrs no new vendor has listened yet. Those that have survived have come back to listen. Just my thoughts, good luck
Vend1ng

#3 probwhite

probwhite

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm looking into the vending biz and as a new prospective vendor, I'd LOVE to listen to what you have to say. 

Care to chat? 

The issue here is your looking at the whole thing the wrong way. The important part is "Return on investment" (ROI). There is a place for every machine made BUT! not every place can use the same machine. Contracts are not worth much. i.e. your putting machines in another persons business if they don't want you anymore your out. They will never agree to a contract that doesn't give them that out. Of all the contracts or agreements I have made have been customized to that location. There are people on here that have written books and offer their services as a consultant I would check on that. there is alot of advice on here and since there has been no replys to this post I would say you have been contacted by people already my advice is run from them. If they don't pitch their stuff on here publicly they know we will tear them apart and be very cautious. If your serious I would talk to you on the phone it would take 30 min to an hour and if you will listen I would save you thousands of dollars in mistakes. I've done this for a living for almost 30 yrs no new vendor has listened yet. Those that have survived have come back to listen. Just my thoughts, good luck
Vend1ng