Close
Photo

Help! Problems with Midway shooters Revolution X and Terminator 2.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 videogames

videogames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:54 PM

Hello! I got 2 arcade mashines from Midway. Terminator2 and Revolution X. Both of them have a really strange problem. When operated , all the guns shoot in the upper left corner. I try to calibrate them, and the machine said, that calibration is sucessfull, but when the game is on, the guns again shoot ONLY in the upper left corner. And the strangest thing is that BOTH arcades acts just the same!!!!! They tell me that calibration is sucesfull, but not work. So please, maby someone can help me with some advise or something. You are my last hope. Ill try to search some info high and low, but with no sucess. Thanks in advance!

#2 coinopdirect

coinopdirect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 05:00 PM

Hello! I got 2 arcade mashines from Midway. Terminator2 and Revolution X. Both of them have a really strange problem. When operated , all the guns shoot in the upper left corner. I try to calibrate them, and the machine said, that calibration is sucessfull, but when the game is on, the guns again shoot ONLY in the upper left corner. And the strangest thing is that BOTH arcades acts just the same!!!!! They tell me that calibration is sucesfull, but not work. So please, maby someone can help me with some advise or something. You are my last hope. Ill try to search some info high and low, but with no sucess. Thanks in advance!

Been a while since I have fixed one of those game titles.

First check your power supply voltage. Many shooters require that the +5vdc be no more than +5.1 (+5.2 MAX) or severe damage to the main PCB and the gun PCB will occur (This 100% true with all SAMMY Games such as Deer Hunter). Check the power supply at the board and adjust to +5.1vdc

The other problem that shooters have is the monitors need to be tuned to the guns. Try adjusting the contrast and brightness levels while shooting and see if the gun starts to shoot in diferent spots with each adjustment.

Also go into the menu system and clear all data and perform a "Factory Default" after. Some of the Midway games require you to clear the data (RAM) before calibrating controls. This eliminates stored data points from conflicting with new settings.

Good luck.

#3 videogames

videogames

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 05:16 PM

Been a while since I have fixed one of those game titles.

First check your power supply voltage. Many shooters require that the +5vdc be no more than +5.1 (+5.2 MAX) or severe damage to the main PCB and the gun PCB will occur (This 100% true with all SAMMY Games such as Deer Hunter). Check the power supply at the board and adjust to +5.1vdc

The other problem that shooters have is the monitors need to be tuned to the guns. Try adjusting the contrast and brightness levels while shooting and see if the gun starts to shoot in diferent spots with each adjustment.

Also go into the menu system and clear all data and perform a "Factory Default" after. Some of the Midway games require you to clear the data (RAM) before calibrating controls. This eliminates stored data points from conflicting with new settings.

Good luck.

Thanks!! Ill try to check voltage tommorow. But about guns... There is no light diods, they work on potentiometers. So there is nothing to do with monitor brightness. And ok, ill try to do factory reset. So till tommorow!

#4 coinopdirect

coinopdirect

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:04 PM

Thanks!! Ill try to check voltage tommorow. But about guns... There is no light diods, they work on potentiometers. So there is nothing to do with monitor brightness. And ok, ill try to do factory reset. So till tommorow!

Ah pot's control. Been a lot longer than I thought. :D

Are the the exact same pot's? Are you shure the pot's are wired correctly? I have noticed that some manufacturers switch the 1-2-3 solder tabs around and while it may show the pot working on the calibration screen in game mode the pcb is not reading the values from programing. This happened to me for a steering pot on a sega NASCAR.

The only other thing I can think of is poor grounding affecting the pot range.