4 replies to this topic

#1 mrnapolean1

mrnapolean1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 04 May 2013 - 05:28 PM

I have aquired a fairly new Dr Pepper machine.

It is a Vendo

Model: 821DP005 05043T

Base Unit: V821

It keeps tripping the curcit breaker that is inline on its power cord. Could it be that this breaker could be getting weak? or would you recommend somthing else?

I have already had the refrigeration system looked at and my Refrigeration guy said its working fine and no attention is needed.

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 03:14 AM

The inline GFI's are crappy and fail pretty easily.  The best thing to do when they start tripping with no underlying cause is to cut them out of the cord completely and put a new normal plug on the cord.  Our wonderful government requires those cords on all new or factory refurbished machines but you aren't obligated to keep it on there.  The more one of those trips the weaker it gets.

#3 mrnapolean1

mrnapolean1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 10:53 AM

The inline GFI's are crappy and fail pretty easily.  The best thing to do when they start tripping with no underlying cause is to cut them out of the cord completely and put a new normal plug on the cord.  Our wonderful government requires those cords on all new or factory refurbished machines but you aren't obligated to keep it on there.  The more one of those trips the weaker it gets.

So, Youre recommending I bypass it?

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

It's not really a bypass, but you can cut the cord to remove the GFI and it's wall plug and just install a new wall plug on the end of the remaining cord.  You will then not have a GFI on the cord anymore, eliminating annoying trips from the corded GFI.  If you feel you want a GFI built in to the cord (there is no reason for this) then you would have to replace the existing GFI with a new GFI that can be installed on the end of the cord. 

#5 2Biz

2Biz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:30 AM

I had the same issue with (2) Royal Vendors I bought. They were new and the GFI's tripped within a few days after installing. I put up with this about a month and cut the GFI's off the cord and installed regular plug-ins on the cord. I DID however install new GFI outlets that have not tripped in the past 3 years. The new GRI outlets might be something to consider installing if you cut the cheap ones off the cord.