3 replies to this topic

#1 For The Kids Vending

For The Kids Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

I'm too small to have Vistar ship to me and the closest outlet location is 350+ miles away. I've seen Frito Lay trucks delivering to convenience stores. Is anybody getting their chips direct from Frito Lay? I want to be able to buy the large "Grab Bag" chips and Sam's only sells them in a variety pack without consistent quantities.

Ex. The big grab box of 30 has only 2 Cool Ranch Doritos. What good is that? I'd have to buy 4 variety packs (with 28 regular potato chips) just to have enough Cool Ranch Doritos to fill one column there is no way I could keep that up and sell all of the regular chips. I know Sam's sells the 1oz chips in a single type of box, but my location wants the big grab box whenever possible.

Yes I know the obvious solution is to let the kids eat the Cool Ranch Doritos and not put them in a machine... That's my current plan. :-)

#2 snack dude

snack dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 01 April 2010 - 06:33 AM

I'm too small to have Vistar ship to me and the closest outlet location is 350+ miles away. I've seen Frito Lay trucks delivering to convenience stores. Is anybody getting their chips direct from Frito Lay? I want to be able to buy the large "Grab Bag" chips and Sam's only sells them in a variety pack without consistent quantities.

Ex. The big grab box of 30 has only 2 Cool Ranch Doritos. What good is that? I'd have to buy 4 variety packs (with 28 regular potato chips) just to have enough Cool Ranch Doritos to fill one column there is no way I could keep that up and sell all of the regular chips. I know Sam's sells the 1oz chips in a single type of box, but my location wants the big grab box whenever possible.

Yes I know the obvious solution is to let the kids eat the Cool Ranch Doritos and not put them in a machine... That's my current plan. :-)

I have tried to buy direct from frito lay. They have a warehouse not 10 miles from me. 1st They did not seem that interested. 2nd they wanted to sell me the bags that already have the price printed on the bag for more than what I can buy them at sams and the price on the bag was lower than what I charge in the machine. But I would contact your local office just to see what they will do. I think it differs from region to region depending on what kind of regional manager is in charge

Be sides ranch doritos do not sell that well anyway and they are just going sit there and go out of date so throw them in a box and take them to your kids next baseball game or outing and give them away. The kids will think your the greatest DAD of all time.

Good Luck

#3 qualityvs

qualityvs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 01:09 AM

I have never done it, but I know of people that have in my area. I dont know there business structure(frito lays), but the people I talked to said they just asked a driver one day and worked out a deal. They didnt go through any office or upper management.

#4 bcron

bcron

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 02 April 2010 - 08:37 AM

I have tried to buy direct from frito lay. They have a warehouse not 10 miles from me. 1st They did not seem that interested. 2nd they wanted to sell me the bags that already have the price printed on the bag for more than what I can buy them at sams and the price on the bag was lower than what I charge in the machine. But I would contact your local office just to see what they will do. I think it differs from region to region depending on what kind of regional manager is in charge

Be sides ranch doritos do not sell that well anyway and they are just going sit there and go out of date so throw them in a box and take them to your kids next baseball game or outing and give them away. The kids will think your the greatest DAD of all time.

Good Luck

I agree about the Cool Ranch Doritos. I always ended up with expired CR Doritos. My local Sam's took care of that for me...they quit carrying them. I guessed they didn't sell quite as well as I would have thought they would.