Close
Photo
- - - - -

What a $150.00 looks like from Craigslist!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:24 PM

This is for all you folks wanting to know about used machines from Craigslist. I brokered a deal with a vendor doing some upgrades to his equipment line.I bought a few machines from him and he gave me a deal. This is a USI 2097, I paid $150 for this one with coinmech and validator. It was in nice shape other than some cosmetics. I cleaned it inside and out, painted the cabinet and trim, put new front panels and all new decals. I have about 6 hours in it and $200.00 total. If you are willing to look and willing to put a little time in machines you can find machines cheap.

I NEVER put a machine out on location that has not been gone through with fresh paint and fronts. Having nice looking equipment goes a long way in keeping accounts as well as being able to sell in the future. So look for deals and learn how to do some things yourself and it will save you a ton of money.

What it looked like before I started.

Posted Image

I gave it a good bath inside and out.

Posted Image

Letting it dry before painting.

Posted Image

Starting the painting process.

Posted Image

#2 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 09:25 PM

First Coat of paint complete.

Posted Image

Machine Completed.

Posted Image

Here is a USI 3015 that I gave $400 for that started life the same way as the other one. Both will get one more coat of paint after a week or so after the first coats cure out. This one is going on location this week. It is branded for healthy selections per the location request.

Posted Image

#3 That Guy

That Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:46 AM

Nice job dude!

#4 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

Nice job dude!

Thanks!!

#5 gwhite93105

gwhite93105

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:04 PM

This may be a bit of a silly question, but how do you paint your machines? I have one in need of a touch up and was thinking spray paint, but it looks to me like you did a roller of sorts?

#6 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:38 PM

1/4 nap roller with oil base satin black paint.

#7 railtrailed

railtrailed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:07 PM

Looks great- send it over, fill it up with a good variety first though-

#8 ultimatevend

ultimatevend

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:16 AM

Did you paint the front panels or replace them? if you replaced them where did you get them? and is it easy to get those trim pieces.

#9 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:31 AM

Did you paint the front panels or replace them? if you replaced them where did you get them? and is it easy to get those trim pieces.

I replaced the fronts. You can either order vinyl by the foot/roll or use Tuffronts, both can be bought from Vendors Exchange.

#10 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

I can get you a 8' by 6' sheet of Tuff Fronts for $45.00. Pre-cut from Vendor's they are $37.00. Sheets are $55.00. The plus with buying a sheet, is that you can custom cut them to your machine. Pre-cut sets may not always fit just right.