• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HVendTrends

HVendTrends

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 11:46 PM

I am considering entering the vending business by way of a new business opportunity being offered by HUMAN Healthy Vending based in Santa Monica, CA. They have been operating as a packaged business opportunity since mid 2010, have over 100 vendors nationwide and seem to have achieved some success in the healthy vending niche.

Their package includes initial training, branded opportunity, setting up accounts with healthy snack suppliers direct, and proactively identifying and establishing premium higher volume locations in the specific region. If anyone has encountered or heard of this business opportunity or company, please share your experience or feedback.

Thank you!

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

I am considering entering the vending business by way of a new business opportunity being offered by HUMAN Healthy Vending based in Santa Monica, CA. They have been operating as a packaged business opportunity since mid 2010, have over 100 vendors nationwide and seem to have achieved some success in the healthy vending niche.

Their package includes initial training, branded opportunity, setting up accounts with healthy snack suppliers direct, and proactively identifying and establishing premium higher volume locations in the specific region. If anyone has encountered or heard of this business opportunity or company, please share your experience or feedback.

Thank you!

This is just my opinion I'm not bashing anyones business. BUT I have been doing this for 27 plus years never have I put in or have I ever seen an unhealthy item in any vending machine. No one can tell you what is healthy there may be more nutritional items but they're all healthy. For example Lays potato chip is more nutritional for you than a jelly bean but a jelly bean will meet the school requirements. What I'm saying is run away get your own machines put what ever items that meet that locations diet specs for that month and be prepared to change them next month and throw away last months fad that they didn't buy. Don't buy into someone elses scam if you want to be on the health kick and throw your money away send it to me and I promise I will loose 1 pound for every dollar you send me .....:). You would be amazed at how nutritional vending products are now, Educate yourself because anyone that says "healthy" is not educated. Just my thought.
Vend1ng

#3 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 10:02 PM

Many discussions about the subject of all healthy vending on this and other forums. No large succesful vending company does all healthy vending. If asked to do all healthy vending and have no choice but to do all healthy I turn them down or if I have already have the account I move out. I repeat NO large succesful vending company does all healthy only vending.

Besides the fact that they charge HUGE amounts for the machines that would take you forever to get your ROI. I dont care who is offering this business model, it does not work.

Let me say this a good drink and snack account will generate around $250 a week gross before product cost, gas, wear and tear, insurance, time, damages, stales, etc. Now keep in kind that $250 a week in a drink snack only account is a VERY strong account any vending company would love to have a 100's of. I am not talking LARGE multi machine accunts like hospitals, large manuf accounts, colleges, etc. What you are offering is a drink-snack style account. That is not the norm for a drink snack because the norm will usually be $200 or less a week. Also keep in mind that "regular snacks" (ie, Snickers, cookies, chips, crackers, etc) out sell healthy 10 to 1. I know because I run healthy items along side regular items.

Now you do the math on what it cost you per location to use their program and tell me how long it will take to get your money back. In vending if it takes you longer than 12 months to get your ROI you are either getting the wrong accounts or spending to much on equiment going in the accounts......

Good luck.....

#4 JACKS VENDING

JACKS VENDING

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

I have to agree with the 2 experienced guys up top. Also, no one wants to pay $4 for a hay bar from a vending machine. I know my horses love those, but then again I get shocked about what some people are eating these days to be healthy while smoking 3 packs of cigarettes :blink: . Makes no sense!
Have fun! :D

#5 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:25 PM

By your post it sounds like you have already bought in your mind and you are hoping for someone to validate what you have already convinced yourself of. If its such a great deal why are tey selling a biz op and not just doing it themselves.

#6 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:15 PM

By your post it sounds like you have already bought in your mind and you are hoping for someone to validate what you have already convinced yourself of. If its such a great deal why are tey selling a biz op and not just doing it themselves.

Yea, and it might even smell a little like SPAM covered in a little BS..... ;)

#7 amiraweston

amiraweston

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 04:50 PM

I have Healthy vending machines, 5 of them. I have 2 machines side by side in a hospital cafeteria, one has all healthy snacks, drinks and entrees, the other has your normal junk food snacks but has healthy drinks and healthy entrees. Each machine does about the same everyday, the snack machine will usually do about $10 more than the other. Both machines combined make over $700.00 a week. offering Healthy foods is the only way to get into locations where there is already a snack machine. By offering real foods such as soups and pasta dishes is my way of getting into the location.
There is a big Vending trade show next month in Vegas, you should go.
PS I have only been doing this for 4 months. I have a lot to learn.

#8 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 07:14 PM

The trade show is the NAMA One Show. Many vendors will be there. I will be going next year. There is a market for healthy foods, in some places, but you have to use the right machines. Genesis, Healthy You, Human Healthy, etc, THEY ARE JUNK! Anyone who pushes them are either stupid or a salesman for the company.

#9 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:51 PM

I have Healthy vending machines, 5 of them. I have 2 machines side by side in a hospital cafeteria, one has all healthy snacks, drinks and entrees, the other has your normal junk food snacks but has healthy drinks and healthy entrees. Each machine does about the same everyday, the snack machine will usually do about $10 more than the other. Both machines combined make over $700.00 a week. EVERYONE loves the healthy machine!!
I bought the machines without doing too much investigating, I new I wanted healthy machines and there is not too much out there to choose from. I have had nothing but mechanical problems with my machines, bought from "Healthy You". It's been a nightmare!! If I had to do it over again I would purchase known good quality machines like Crane and have someone put the graphics on the machine, it would of been a lot cheeper. With that said, offering Healthy foods is the only way to get into locations where there is already a snack machine. By offering real foods such as soups and pasta dishes is my way of getting into the location.
There is a big Vending trade show next month in Vegas, you should go.
PS I have only been doing this for 4 months. I have a lot to learn.

Only doing vending for 4 months or only doing the "healthy vending for four months???