http://www.1800vendi...number_one.html

#2 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 09:40 PM

There are a lot of falsities in their information. Stay away from this. It is bizop.

#3 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 09:33 AM

I BOUGHT 4 OF THESE FROM PROFITT VENDING. THINGS AREN'T GOING AS I WAS TOLD.
MACHINES ARRIVED IN 2 CRATES FOR EACH MACHINE (350LBS AND 175 LBS) THEY ARRIVED 4 HOURS EARLY (I WASN'T EVEN THERE) THE COMPANY I AM PLACING AT LET ME USE THEIR HAND TRUCK (I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BE SET UP BY DELIVERY PERSON..YEAH RIGHT) BILL CHANGERS DON'T WORK (THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THEM (GENISIS) IS MAILING ME 2 BILL CHANGERS WHICH I MUST INSTALL) TEMPERATURE WAS TOO COLD AND SODA FROZE MAKING CANS DISFIGURE AND GET STUCK IN MACHINE (1 EXPLODED AND FROZEN DIET COKE COVERED THE INSIDE OF SODA HALF). I AM NOT HAPPY AND DO NOT FEEL I GOT MY $11,400 WORTH
MACHINES ARE GENISIS MODEL GO-137 IF YOU WANT TO LOOK UP.
THE PLACEMENT COMPANY HAS TRIED ITS BEST.

#4 For The Kids Vending

For The Kids Vending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 10:48 PM

I like how 800-vending tries to discourage you from going after full size machines because the competition is too stiff. My first location (they are going to the building owners right now to get me signed up) is a 7 story office building that's been there for a couple of years that no vending company has approached to place machines. Its too big for a single "refreshment center"

As it is, if GTHOUIN bought the same machine for $2850 and somebody else got a quote from them for roughly $3250 per machine you probably would want to look elsewhere. Also its surprising how quickly 1800-vending turned from the triple head bulk vending machines to the snack/drink combo machine. There is no longer any trace of their bulk vending machines on their website.

#5 lizdehart

lizdehart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

What company would you all recommend?

#6 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 December 2008 - 09:55 AM

I BOUGHT 4 OF THESE FROM PROFITT VENDING. THINGS AREN'T GOING AS I WAS TOLD.
MACHINES ARRIVED IN 2 CRATES FOR EACH MACHINE (350LBS AND 175 LBS) THEY ARRIVED 4 HOURS EARLY (I WASN'T EVEN THERE) THE COMPANY I AM PLACING AT LET ME USE THEIR HAND TRUCK (I WAS TOLD THEY WOULD BE SET UP BY DELIVERY PERSON..YEAH RIGHT) BILL CHANGERS DON'T WORK (THE COMPANY THAT MAKES THEM (GENISIS) IS MAILING ME 2 BILL CHANGERS WHICH I MUST INSTALL) TEMPERATURE WAS TOO COLD AND SODA FROZE MAKING CANS DISFIGURE AND GET STUCK IN MACHINE (1 EXPLODED AND FROZEN DIET COKE COVERED THE INSIDE OF SODA HALF). I AM NOT HAPPY AND DO NOT FEEL I GOT MY $11,400 WORTH
MACHINES ARE GENISIS MODEL GO-137 IF YOU WANT TO LOOK UP.
THE PLACEMENT COMPANY HAS TRIED ITS BEST.

UPDATE 12/12/08
Profitt Vending has since changed their delivery procedure and now have machines delivered by their own people. They uncrate the machine and place the 2 sections together at the place of business using my machine, As a matter of fact...when I went there that afternoon the machine was in place and the delivery people were already gone. They even plugged in the soda section to get it cold. The machines manufacturer has replaced the dollar acceptors with a different type that works right from the get-go. I had a condenser problem with one of my machines and it was quickly rectified by the manufacturer with Profitts help.
I now highly recommend Profitt Vending for those starting out from scratch like I did. Gary and Michael were always very pleasant and eager to help me. I thank them for helping me to get into a business that I truly enjoy.
Thank you guys

#7 win

win

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 01:20 PM

UPDATE 12/12/08
Profitt Vending has since changed their delivery procedure and now have machines delivered by their own people. They uncrate the machine and place the 2 sections together at the place of business using my machine, As a matter of fact...when I went there that afternoon the machine was in place and the delivery people were already gone. They even plugged in the soda section to get it cold. The machines manufacturer has replaced the dollar acceptors with a different type that works right from the get-go. I had a condenser problem with one of my machines and it was quickly rectified by the manufacturer with Profitts help.
I now highly recommend Profitt Vending for those starting out from scratch like I did. Gary and Michael were always very pleasant and eager to help me. I thank them for helping me to get into a business that I truly enjoy.
Thank you guys

Hi

I am planning to buy couple of machines from Profitt vending. What do you think about them right now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. They do not have bbb rating .

#8 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 02:56 PM

Hi

I am planning to buy couple of machines from Profitt vending. What do you think about them right now? Any help would be greatly appreciated. They do not have bbb rating .

I am currently looking to purchase 2 more machines and I will purchase from no one but Profitt Vending. Their prices are close to the best around and their service is excellent.
I currently run 4 machines, all purchased from Profitt and highly recommend them.
They have done everything they said they would, and now that they come and set up the machine and put it in place, you only have to show up, load up, and start making money.
The one thing I will say, is it does take some time for the locator to locate a business and you to go speak to them and set everything up. Once your ready Profitt is quick to supply the machine.
These machines are made by Genisis and they too have excellent costumer service (I usually speak to Dominic)
I have nothing but nice things to say about Gary and Michael at Profitt Vending, and would recommend them to my best friend. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for advice.
Gary Thouin
Thouin & Son Vending
garythouin@thouinandson.com

#9 win

win

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 03:37 PM

I am currently looking to purchase 2 more machines and I will purchase from no one but Profitt Vending. Their prices are close to the best around and their service is excellent.
I currently run 4 machines, all purchased from Profitt and highly recommend them.
They have done everything they said they would, and now that they come and set up the machine and put it in place, you only have to show up, load up, and start making money.
The one thing I will say, is it does take some time for the locator to locate a business and you to go speak to them and set everything up. Once your ready Profitt is quick to supply the machine.
These machines are made by Genisis and they too have excellent costumer service (I usually speak to Dominic)
I have nothing but nice things to say about Gary and Michael at Profitt Vending, and would recommend them to my best friend. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask for advice.
Gary Thouin
Thouin & Son Vending
garythouin@thouinandson.com

Thanks much Gary for your reply. How reliable are their machine. They say they would directly deliver to the location. Does the product vend out only if it is placed in a certain position?

#10 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 05:52 PM

Thanks much Gary for your reply. How reliable are their machine. They say they would directly deliver to the location. Does the product vend out only if it is placed in a certain position?

Machines have been very reliable so far. I had 1 machine that the compressor went on and Genesis shipped me new the next day. Very easy to replace...only 2 bolts and 1 screw. Believe me, If I can fix them.....you can. Had 1 today that wasn't taking change, I just unplugged and plugged back in a it reset itself. Just like rebooting a computer. Putting the snacks in is easy. Ask Gary and he can send you a dvd before he sends the machines. shows everything you need to know. if you put an item in the front slot and see how it looks in the screw drive you will know how to load from the back. It really is simple.
You can do it ... It really is easy ... I make about 150 total profit per week on 4 machines. My machines are in businesses that are only open 5 days a week and average about 35 employees. I go once a week to all the machines and everyone is happy. Takes about 6 hours of my time a week with shopping and filling. The girls are nice to me (I give them candy) and watch over my machines. Really is a fun job. I like it a lot.

#11 kabra

kabra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 February 2009 - 09:07 PM

Machines have been very reliable so far. I had 1 machine that the compressor went on and Genesis shipped me new the next day. Very easy to replace...only 2 bolts and 1 screw. Believe me, If I can fix them.....you can. Had 1 today that wasn't taking change, I just unplugged and plugged back in a it reset itself. Just like rebooting a computer. Putting the snacks in is easy. Ask Gary and he can send you a dvd before he sends the machines. shows everything you need to know. if you put an item in the front slot and see how it looks in the screw drive you will know how to load from the back. It really is simple.
You can do it ... It really is easy ... I make about 150 total profit per week on 4 machines. My machines are in businesses that are only open 5 days a week and average about 35 employees. I go once a week to all the machines and everyone is happy. Takes about 6 hours of my time a week with shopping and filling. The girls are nice to me (I give them candy) and watch over my machines. Really is a fun job. I like it a lot.

Our experience with Profitt/Genesis is more like the first part of this thread. Our machines were bought in Nov. '08, locations selected in early Dec. '08, delivered in January '09 We did not have any set up assistance, we had problems with coin validators (3 out of 6), and as first time owners, it took us several weeks to get to a point where we can simply maintain them without phone calls regarding problems with the machines. The DVD was a little helpful, but didn't cover the problems we encountered. The shipping information we got was spotty at best, machines were delayed or backordered and we weren't kept abreast of a real world delivery date. We would have liked more 'hands on' help with set up, better delivery information, and better performance on a brand new machine. For us, the jury is still out. The machines are a good size, and seem now to be working well- we've become vending machine techs a lot quicker than we expected to, unfortunately the time lost with simple problems made us look less than flattering to our brand new customers- first impressions mean a lot, and "out of order" signs posted over coin slots on a brand new machine is a bad first impression.

#12 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2009 - 02:54 PM

Our experience with Profitt/Genesis is more like the first part of this thread. Our machines were bought in Nov. '08, locations selected in early Dec. '08, delivered in January '09 We did not have any set up assistance, we had problems with coin validators (3 out of 6), and as first time owners, it took us several weeks to get to a point where we can simply maintain them without phone calls regarding problems with the machines. The DVD was a little helpful, but didn't cover the problems we encountered. The shipping information we got was spotty at best, machines were delayed or backordered and we weren't kept abreast of a real world delivery date. We would have liked more 'hands on' help with set up, better delivery information, and better performance on a brand new machine. For us, the jury is still out. The machines are a good size, and seem now to be working well- we've become vending machine techs a lot quicker than we expected to, unfortunately the time lost with simple problems made us look less than flattering to our brand new customers- first impressions mean a lot, and "out of order" signs posted over coin slots on a brand new machine is a bad first impression.

As you can see from my first post, I was unhappy with many things with the first 2 machines. Since then the level of service had risen dramatically and I have had no problem with the machines As you say, I learned a lot with those first 2 machines, so to come to the customer and find the next 2 machines uncrated, assembled, put in place and plugged in getting cold was a real pleasure.
I feel that Profitt has really tried to make things better, and I do think they sell a good machine for a reasonable price.
I recommend Profitt, and I highly recommend the vending business. You won't get rich, but you'll make a few dollars and have a tremendous amount of freedom. I'm always flexible with my product, and willing to try whatever they ask for. It really is a fun job. Nice people, nice conditions, and I have a really great boss.........

#13 win

win

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 03:50 PM

As you can see from my first post, I was unhappy with many things with the first 2 machines. Since then the level of service had risen dramatically and I have had no problem with the machines As you say, I learned a lot with those first 2 machines, so to come to the customer and find the next 2 machines uncrated, assembled, put in place and plugged in getting cold was a real pleasure.
I feel that Profitt has really tried to make things better, and I do think they sell a good machine for a reasonable price.
I recommend Profitt, and I highly recommend the vending business. You won't get rich, but you'll make a few dollars and have a tremendous amount of freedom. I'm always flexible with my product, and willing to try whatever they ask for. It really is a fun job. Nice people, nice conditions, and I have a really great boss.........

Thanks again gary. Profitt says they already have a very good location. Did you find the location or they placed your machine?Have you ordered any more machines from them after 4? I thought we could make atleast 175 $ minimum in a resonable location like yours.

#14 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:10 PM

Thanks again gary. Profitt says they already have a very good location. Did you find the location or they placed your machine?Have you ordered any more machines from them after 4? I thought we could make atleast 175 $ minimum in a resonable location like yours.

They located for me. gave me about 8 locations to choose from. I chose ones that were inside and safe, problem is they are only open 5 days a week for 10 hour days. The best thing about vending, is the machine will work 24/7 for free. You will need 7 day operation to make the big money. I've found a location that needs 2 machine, but there old vendor is not happy and is trying to stay by offering cash. I don't offer cash...no contract. They can get rid of me or I can move my machine if one of us is unhappy.
Again, it's all in the location.
Good luck.

#15 win

win

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 25 February 2009 - 09:07 AM

They located for me. gave me about 8 locations to choose from. I chose ones that were inside and safe, problem is they are only open 5 days a week for 10 hour days. The best thing about vending, is the machine will work 24/7 for free. You will need 7 day operation to make the big money. I've found a location that needs 2 machine, but there old vendor is not happy and is trying to stay by offering cash. I don't offer cash...no contract. They can get rid of me or I can move my machine if one of us is unhappy.
Again, it's all in the location.
Good luck.

Hi gary,

Thanks for your valuable inputs and time. I have already brought 3 machines from them. Waiting on the Location for the machine to be delivered. As you mentioned Gary is very nice and Pleasant to deal with. I will keep you posted. How are things going with your machines now?

#16 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 10:33 AM

Hi gary,

Thanks for your valuable inputs and time. I have already brought 3 machines from them. Waiting on the Location for the machine to be delivered. As you mentioned Gary is very nice and Pleasant to deal with. I will keep you posted. How are things going with your machines now?

All is well. Pretzels and Cheese Danish are my 2 biggest sellers. I keep Coke and Pepsi in 3 of my machines and they both sell about the same. Watch out for the date on Diet Coke, sometimes Sam's sells it that is only a few weeks left on date, don't overbuy! Snickers always sells, Twizzlers sell good, Peanut butter crackers used to sell great for .50 (hope they come back), M & M peanuts ar good sellers too. Be careful buying healthy treats, they all say they want them and then no-one buys any.
Good luck with your locations.
Oh yeah... Famous Amos is a great seller... I put them in the 10 item row (A4) for .75 and they always sell out in a week.
Again...Good Luck

#17 spdydre

spdydre

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 06:57 PM

any for feedback on Profitt vending? I am also looking to purchase a vending machine from them. How does their locating service work? Do they secure you a location or contact these businesses then you work out the deal?

#18 GTHOUIN

GTHOUIN

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:09 AM

any for feedback on Profitt vending? I am also looking to purchase a vending machine from them. How does their locating service work? Do they secure you a location or contact these businesses then you work out the deal?

They have a locator who mass emails companies in your area. Then they give you the names of the interested parties and you make an appointment to meet. My deal is always the same. NO DEALS. I supply the machine and product at a reasonable price an they supply the spot and electric. I offer no percentage of money, this way the prices stay low and their workers are happy. They can say they are subsidizing the price. We booth agree to a 30 day notice of ending our relationship without penalty. Has worked well for me!

#19 VendingGURU

VendingGURU

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2009 - 05:17 PM

Only use full sized machiens, AP (automatic products) or Rowe for snack, and vendo, dixie narco, or royal for drinks. Antarees and other combo or table top machines are just trouble. Also make sure mechs are Mars or coinco, mars preferably.

#20 cbrook951

cbrook951

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:06 PM

UPDATE 12/12/08
Thank you guys

#21 cbrook951

cbrook951

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 02:09 PM

They have a locator who mass emails companies in your area. Then they give you the names of the interested parties and you make an appointment to meet. My deal is always the same. NO DEALS. I supply the machine and product at a reasonable price an they supply the spot and electric. I offer no percentage of money, this way the prices stay low and their workers are happy. They can say they are subsidizing the price. We booth agree to a 30 day notice of ending our relationship without penalty. Has worked well for me!

#22 cbrook951

cbrook951

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:35 PM

STAY AWAY FROM PROFITT VENDING AND THEIR LOCATOR SERVICE UNIFIED VENDING.

I purchased 3 machines{Genesis GQ-380} in march. I was new to the business so I was doing my research. Gary at Profitt Vending was very helpful in the beginning. As time progressed I found out different. There are so many things, lets see where do I start.

I decided on profittvending because I had read reviews and the good out numbered the bad and they had been in business for ten years, although they did not have a BBB rating I gave them a try.

Gary claimed that profitt would give 3 locations per machine to pick from with a minimum of 60 employees each.

I later found out after I had paid my deposit and was waiting for locations to check out, that the locating was done by a 3rd party [Unified Vending], which Nick of Unified Vending notified me that the locations would have a minimum of 30 employees.

I paid the remaining balance and proceeded to choose my locations. It took a while but I finally got two decent ones. So Nick told me to notify profitt so they would ship 2 and we would work on the 3rd. So I did.

Profitt gives you $100.00 bonus per machine for, to help towards first time stocking of inventory for each machine. It took 3 weeks, after being lied to twice by Gary about the date that the check was mailed, to finally receive it. Only to be in the amount of 150 instead of three hundred. It took another 2 weeks to get the remainder.

Meanwhile I have kept my locations informed that the machines will be arriving in a soon. On the day of arrival I go to the two locations early that morning to let them know the time window of the machines arrival that day, only to find out that neither location wants the machines. They were refusing delivery on delivery day, and had said nothing during the previous week, when I had contacted them at least three times each. Seems that the contacts that I was given by Nick of Unified Vending, did not have the authority to authorize. Now I'm panicking.

So I contact Gary and Nick. Now the machines have to go back to the Old Dominion dock, which is the freight company that does the deliveries for Profitt Vending. Now storage charges are going to be incurred for each day that the machines are on the dock. So Nick gets on it right away and finds me 1 location that I approved and 2 I did not. He pleaded with me to give these 2 a try and if I did not like them after 30 days he would find me others. I contacted him after thirty days and said that I would stay with 1, but the other I needed a replacement for because it was not producing.

That was over 80 days ago, since then nick has given me 4 bum locations with no potential and that has been over a month ago. I have constantly called and Email both Gary and Nick and have not gotten a response from either. As a matter of fact Nick Unified Vending's phone number has changed with no new referral.

So as you can see I am very disappointed with their service. I don't think that I've gotten my moneys worth. In my opinion from my experience, after they get your money, they change.

Oh, also the quality of the Genesis GO-380 is questionable. I have had problems since I first purchased them. I have had to change the coin validators on all three, and on one of them twice. I have had problems with the bill validator on one. I purchased them new in March 09.

Unlike Profitt and Unified, Genesis has given me excellent service. Only thing is the time between when you report the problem and when you get the part is frustratingly long.

By the way when the company delivered my machines, they did not unpack or place them. They just get them off the truck

#23 cbrook951

cbrook951

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2009 - 03:41 PM

STAY AWAY FROM PROFITT VENDING AND THEIR LOCATOR SERVICE UNIFIED VENDING.

I purchased 3 machines{Genesis GQ-380} in march. I was new to the business so I was doing my research. Gary at Profitt Vending was very helpful in the beginning. As time progressed I found out different. There are so many things, lets see where do I start.

I decided on profittvending because I had read reviews and the good out numbered the bad and they had been in business for ten years, although they did not have a BBB rating I gave them a try.

Gary claimed that profitt would give 3 locations per machine to pick from with a minimum of 60 employees.

I later found out after I had paid my deposit and was waiting for locations to check out, that the locating was done by a 3rd party [Unified Vending], which Nick of Unified Vending notified me that the locations would have a minimum of 30.

I paid the remaining balance and proceeded to choose my locations. It took a while but I finally got two decent ones. So Nick told me to notify profitt so they would ship 2 and we would work on the 3rd. So I did.

Profitt gives you $100.00 bonus per machine for, to help towards first time stocking of inventory for each machine. It took 3 weeks, after being lied to twice by Gary about the date that the check was mailed, to finally receive it. Only to be in the amount of 150 instead of three hundred. It took another 2 weeks to get the remainder.

Meanwhile I have kept my locations informed that the machines will be arriving in a soon. On the day of arrival I go to the two locations early that morning to let them know the time window of the machines arrival that day, only to find out that neither location wants the machines. They were refusing delivery on delivery day, and had said nothing during the previous week, when I had contacted them at least three times each. Seems that the contacts that I was given by Nick of Unified Vending, did not have the authority to authorize. Now I'm panicking.

So I contact Gary and Nick. Now the machines have to go back to the Old Dominion dock, which is the freight company that does the deliveries for Profitt Vending. Now storage charges are going to be incurred for each day that the machines are on the dock. So Nick gets on it right away and finds me 1 location that I approved and 2 I did not. He pleaded with me to give these 2 a try and if I did not like them after 30 days he would find me others. I contacted him after thirty days and said that I would stay with 1, but the other I needed a replacement for because it was not producing.

That was over 80 days ago, since then nick has given me 4 bum locations with no potential and that has been over a month ago. I have constantly called and Email both Gary and Nick and have not gotten a response from either. As a matter of fact Nick Unified Vending's phone number has changed with no new referral.

So as you can see I am very disappointed with their service. I don't think that I've gotten my moneys worth. In my opinion from my experience, after they get your money, they change.

Oh, also the quality of the Genesis GO-380 is questionable. I have had problems since I first purchased them. I have had to change the coin validators on all three, and have had problems with the bill validator on one. I purchased them new in March 09.

Unlike Profitt and Unified, Genesis has given me excellent service. Only thing is the time between when you report the problem and when you get the part is frustratingly long.

By the way when the company delivered my machines, they did not unpack or place them. They just get them off the truck

#24 dog

dog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 09:24 AM

I have to agree with everything you said about Profitt Vending. Gary Matthews has lied to us from the day we received our first machines. By the way took 8 weeks to get. Lied to over and over. There are no 24/7 operations that he promises, locations are not secured. You have to go in and talk to the people. Half of them say no. Machines break down every other day. Constantly running and fixing or ordering new coin parts or $1 validators. Genesis machines are JUNK!!!! STAY AWAY FROM PROFITT VENDING INC. FALSE MISREPRESENTATION.

#25 ulux

ulux

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:37 PM

We bought our machines through 1800Vending.com. We were a bit hesitant but we took the gamble. I wouldn't say that their service was the best but we did get all five machines. The only problem we experienced was the quality of the machines. They broke down several times but Genesis sent us replacement parts at no cost and we managed to get our machines to work. So far, they have been working just fine. We average about $50.00 per machines/per week. We do have one machine sitting in our garage and we're now exploring several vending locators. Right now, we're trying to decide on which locators we should go for, Excel, APS and American Locators. Does anybody has experience working with any of them? Thank you.