25 replies to this topic

#1 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:50 AM

For all those who are looking to have their currency accepting units worked on and repaired...

We do complete repair and rebuilding on MEI and Coinco products. Our rates are:

Coin Changers-$25.00 + parts.

Bill Validators-$39.00 + parts.

OR...

We'll beat the price you are currently paying to have your units repaired. All repairs come with a warranty, and are guaranteed to work upon arrival. Our repair time is 10 days or less for more than one unit, and less than that for singles. Send all units for repair to:

Healthy 4 U Vending
4525 U Rd
DeBeque, CO

Call 970-283-5634 for questions and info. Visit our website, www.healthy4uvending.com for details.

#2 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Helping people understand and repair their own equipment.

Posted 12 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Just to let you know there are companies out there that are doing validators for $39 flat rate, all parts so you better know what you are getting into!

#3 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 01:47 PM

There are also MANY companies that I know that are charging at least $70 plus parts for validator and coin mech repair, and they don't even do a good job! Vendor's Exchange charges at least $35.00 plus parts, but we are nowhere near their size. I know of a guy that will do it for $15.00 flat rate. ??Not sure how he makes money, that's just what he does.?? I understand that some companies may be more inexpensive, but it really comes down to the quality of the product you return to the customer. We will do our best to do a good job. We will also beat our competitors prices if someone switches over business. We can't beat every price in the industry, we still have operating costs, but we'll do our best to do your work cheaper then what it was formerly being done for, and provide a better product. Personally, I would be willing to pay a little more and have the job done right, then to get a super cheap rate, and have continuing problems. For those of you who want to try us out and see if it is worth the money, you won't regret it.

Validatorman:

Thank you for the advice. Not arguing with you at all, I know you know what you are talking about and are very knowledgeable. Just saying that prices for that kind of work can go so far either way, they are almost off the charts. I think it really comes down to quality and service. I do know that we are probably the least expensive repair service just with our standard rates, then any other in the state of Colorado. We are lower than all the big companies. I don't know what all is out there.

#4 validatorman

validatorman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  • Interests:Helping people understand and repair their own equipment.

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:32 PM

I agree, there are other posts on this forum that speak of the same thing as to quality and how some companies can actually repair a unit, put on quality OEM parts for what they are charging...it simply cannot be done without putting on used parts or making too many units beyond repair. Good luck on your endeavors. :)

#5 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Thanks. I'll keep you guys in mind.

While I have your attention, I have an issue with a coin mech. I picked up a used USI drink machine. Everything checked out well. The problem is that when the coin mech is full, it doesn't have enough power to spit out quarters or nickels. Thinking the solenoids were getting old, I swapped them out with another set from a non-working coin mech that I had laying around. This gave me the same problem.

So my question is, is it the electronics of the coin mech or is it possible that the machine itself isn't sending the proper power level to the coin mech.

#6 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 09:13 PM

Thank you. I know what you mean, and actually, I have a resource or two where I can get brand new manufacturer made parts for most coin changers and validators. We can actually get most of what we need new. That's always nice.

#7 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:15 AM

While I have your attention, I have an issue with a coin mech. I picked up a used USI drink machine. Everything checked out well. The problem is that when the coin mech is full, it doesn't have enough power to spit out quarters or nickels. Thinking the solenoids were getting old, I swapped them out with another set from a non-working coin mech that I had laying around. This gave me the same problem.

So my question is, is it the electronics of the coin mech or is it possible that the machine itself isn't sending the proper power level to the coin mech.

Steve, it's the coin mech, all repair shops test coin mech's at half loads. The life of most coin mech are 50,000 revolutions, sounds like alot, but it's really not.The quarters seem to be the first sign of problems, not dispensing under a full load, or intermittent dispensing.The solenoids can be changed, but after a while they go back to same problems mostly due to wear.

#8 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:24 AM

When problems like that are experienced, we not only replace the solenoids, but the payout plates, arms, and levers as well. That usually fixes it. When the payout parts get old, the coins don't eject well. What model of changer is it?

#9 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:55 PM

When problems like that are experienced, we not only replace the solenoids, but the payout plates, arms, and levers as well. That usually fixes it. When the payout parts get old, the coins don't eject well. What model of changer is it?

So if I send you a 9302L coin mech, and you replace the all solenoids,payout plates, arms, and levers, whats's my price for the repair job, and what is the warranty on it?

#10 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 02:25 PM

So if I send you a 9302L coin mech, and you replace the all solenoids,payout plates, arms, and levers, whats's my price for the repair job, and what is the warranty on it?

There is a difference between repairmen and parts changers. A repairmen knows that electricity flowing threw a wire (solenoid) doesn't wear out it either works or doesn't. I have some questions? 1. What are the odds that all 3 solenoids wear out at the same time? 2. What are the odds that 3 other solenoids are wore out too? 3. What are the odds that a coinmech in a pop machine has been sprayed with pop and the slides are just sticky? 4. what are the odds its nothing more than a power capacitor on the control board? I've been in this business 30 years and as of yet I have never seen a "wore out" solenoid or slide. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#11 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

There is a difference between repairmen and parts changers. A repairmen knows that electricity flowing threw a wire (solenoid) doesn't wear out it either works or doesn't. I have some questions? 1. What are the odds that all 3 solenoids wear out at the same time? 2. What are the odds that 3 other solenoids are wore out too? 3. What are the odds that a coinmech in a pop machine has been sprayed with pop and the slides are just sticky? 4. what are the odds its nothing more than a power capacitor on the control board? I've been in this business 30 years and as of yet I have never seen a "wore out" solenoid or slide. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

Well I'm sure your know the answer to those questions , so I want insult you by answering them.My question was so that I can see what he charges for those services, because I send at least 7 to 10 off a mth, but since you inserted your 2 cent, what do you charge? Now I'm assuming your a repairmen, not a parts changer.

#12 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:16 PM

Vend1ng

lol. I'm a pieces parts changer.

My first inclination was that there may be pop or dirt sticking the slides. That's why I swapped them out. Obviously, when the the other set behaved the same way, I could rule them out. That there's an on-board capacitor that may be failing makes perfect sense. That was where my initial question was headed. Thank you.

Incidentally, my mech is a Coinco 9342-L Where do I find the capacitor?

#13 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Incidentally, I'm guessing that the capacitor in question is the black and gray beastie in the upper right of the main circuit board?

#14 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 11:43 AM

Often cleaning and replacing the payout plate area will fix the problem. If the capacitor on the board is the problem, then we'll replace that as well. I have to have the coin mech here in front of me on the testers to know for sure. If we didn't do any board work, your total would probably be around $35.00. Those payout parts aren't expensive. Depending on what kind of board issue we would be looking at if that were the problem, it might be a $50 total fix. In any case where the cost to repair goes higher than what we would charge for a rebuilt one of ours, we will call and get your permission before continuing with the repair. That way, you don't loose money you could have saved.

#15 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:30 PM

Well I'm sure your know the answer to those questions , so I want insult you by answering them.My question was so that I can see what he charges for those services, because I send at least 7 to 10 off a mth, but since you inserted your 2 cent, what do you charge? Now I'm assuming your a repairmen, not a parts changer.

I apologise, I wasn't crashing your question I just clicked on the wrong thread. As for what I charge, Alot more than what you will want to pay. If your sending off 7-10 month quit buying coinco or start a good pm program. He'll fix your mech for 35.00 send it to him if he sends it back and can't fix it then send it to me I'll fix it for less than a new one. Yes I am a repairman not an english teacher. If you want it to play the national anthem everytime a dollar coin is put in it I'll do it for the 2 cents I made here. Just another dumbass thought.
Vend1ng

#16 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

I apologise, I wasn't crashing your question I just clicked on the wrong thread. As for what I charge, Alot more than what you will want to pay. If your sending off 7-10 month quit buying coinco or start a good pm program. He'll fix your mech for 35.00 send it to him if he sends it back and can't fix it then send it to me I'll fix it for less than a new one. Yes I am a repairman not an english teacher. If you want it to play the national anthem everytime a dollar coin is put in it I'll do it for the 2 cents I made here. Just another dumbass thought.
Vend1ng

We haven't ever not been able to fix anything we have received. If in the event that that ever happened, we wouldn't charge for the repair anyway.

#17 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 11:32 PM

We haven't ever not been able to fix anything we have received. If in the event that that ever happened, we wouldn't charge for the repair anyway.

How could it be a repair if you didn't fix it? Are you an authorized Coinco factory repair company? Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#18 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 08:00 AM

We are not an authorized repair center, although we are working with MEI to become one for them. Please don't doubt the quality and ability of one company's service until you have tried them yourself. All I was saying, is that we are able to fix whatever we receive, I can guarantee that.

#19 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 11:22 PM

We are not an authorized repair center, although we are working with MEI to become one for them. Please don't doubt the quality and ability of one company's service until you have tried them yourself. All I was saying, is that we are able to fix whatever we receive, I can guarantee that.

I have no doubts about your quality only about what you claim you can do. If your not an authorized coinco repair center then you cannot replace 80% of the electronic parts on coinco control boards in mech and validators. So all you can do is replace the boards which anyone can buy from coinco and plug it in. Can you tell a customer why his mech blew up? Electronics don't wear out they quit working when you let the magic smoke out. So you put a new board in a mech that blew up, Send it back to a customer to put back in a machine that just blew it up. All I'm saying is you can't possibly fix whatever you receive but I'm sure your capable of cleaning eyes and replacing belts and changing out bad parts with quality.
Just a simple thought.
Vend1ng

#20 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

You are right about the boards, we usually don't go and repair the boards, we replace them. But we do it for about the tenth of the amount Coinco would charge for them. We have some distributors who have hundreds of these on hand, and we can put a new board in lets say a 9302-GX, for about $25. Coinco sells those boards for $143.

#21 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:27 AM

You are right about the boards, we usually don't go and repair the boards, we replace them. But we do it for about the tenth of the amount Coinco would charge for them. We have some distributors who have hundreds of these on hand, and we can put a new board in lets say a 9302-GX, for about $25. Coinco sells those boards for $143.

I find that very interesting that coinco doesn't distribute their own boards. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#22 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

They do. My distributor is selling rebuilt and tested boards out of used units. We work with them sometimes in repairing large lots of non-working boards of ours that all don't come out of changers.

#23 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 12:18 AM

They do. My distributor is selling rebuilt and tested boards out of used units. We work with them sometimes in repairing large lots of non-working boards of ours that all don't come out of changers.

Ok, So what your saying is you don't fix anything you just swap out parts. So if I send you a bad coinco coin mech with a blown board you stick a used or reconditioned board in it for 25.00 labor + 25.00 for the board 18.00 postage (both ways). To put back in the machine that just blew up the other board that was just in it? If I send you a board that has a blown varistor that costs .69 and you advertise fixing my mech for 25.00 + parts are you going to charge 25.00 for a board when all I needed was a .69 varistor?
Part of what this board does is try and "Help" those in the vending business avoid those who prey on those who don't know better. I'm sure your a legitimate business using the free space on this board to promote your business and if the people that run this feel that is ok fine by me they also let me voice my opinion. I personally think you should let your integrity promote your business and it would grow faster and bigger than selling to cheap. People post problems and issues with their equipment and you jump right on in and tell them you don't know but send it to me and we'll fix it for a price.
These are things I do know you want 25.00 to fix a coin mech. A electronic tech works for about 15.00-20.00 an hour thats worth anything. Most companies require their techs to do a minimum of about 10 units a day. Your grossing about 250.00 a man day and paying out 200.00 a man day labor.By my calculations you don't have to worry about warranty work who would I send it back too. I will be recommending you to all my customers that are slow to pay or think I charge to much. Its just a thought and only my thought. Good Luck!
vend1ng

#24 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

Thank you for your thoughts vend1ng! That is what this forum is here for, and I'm not going to degrade anyone on here, or their business.

#25 VendingPro

VendingPro

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:40 AM

H4UV, Just received my units back. Great job! They look like new and work perfectly. By the way all, an authorized MEI service center failed once already to repair my units properly. H4UV did a great job. Also vend1ng, one of the MDB units had a loose capacitor on the board, it was repaired without the whole board being replaced. $00.75 repair there. Thanks!