Close
Photo
- - - - -

Vending Monster 16 oz energy drinks? 12 oz Gatorade bottles?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dlister70

dlister70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

I read on an advertisement for a Dixie Narco 368 that it would vend 12oz Gatorade bottles and 16oz Monster energy drinks. Most places only advertise that it vends 12 oz cans and 16.9 oz water bottles. I was intrigued so I went and bought both types of drinks and tried them out in the single stacks in the middle of the machine.

I slid the metal backstop forward so that the products wouldn't slide around, and loaded up one column each with 12oz Gatorade (only one deep, two was a little too long) and 16oz Monster drinks. I tried them both, and they vended! But then.. :) When I tried for the 2nd drink, the motor spun around and I could hear the next product drop in, but it didn't dispense. The 3rd time, it came out. So you get a drink every other time you dispense.

Is there a way around that? Can I make the motor spin for longer so that it drops out a drink every time, or would I eventually end up spitting out two drinks sometimes?

#2 dlister70

dlister70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 03:54 AM

I read on an advertisement for a Dixie Narco 368 that it would vend 12oz Gatorade bottles and 16oz Monster energy drinks. Most places only advertise that it vends 12 oz cans and 16.9 oz water bottles. I was intrigued so I went and bought both types of drinks and tried them out in the single stacks in the middle of the machine.

I slid the metal backstop forward so that the products wouldn't slide around, and loaded up one column each with 12oz Gatorade (only one deep, two was a little too long) and 16oz Monster drinks. I tried them both, and they vended! But then.. :) When I tried for the 2nd drink, the motor spun around and I could hear the next product drop in, but it didn't dispense. The 3rd time, it came out. So you get a drink every other time you dispense.

Is there a way around that? Can I make the motor spin for longer so that it drops out a drink every time, or would I eventually end up spitting out two drinks sometimes?

I think I just realized my mistake. I need to cover up the notches on the vend motor so instead of two notches for soda cans, it only has one notch. Going to give that a try after work.. I bet that fixes it.

#3 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 06:30 AM

I think I just realized my mistake. I need to cover up the notches on the vend motor so instead of two notches for soda cans, it only has one notch. Going to give that a try after work.. I bet that fixes it.

yes u have to change the cam setting,it might work,however you have a single price machine ..so not sure why u would want to vend a monster drink for the same price as a can of soda...or the other way around

#4 dlister70

dlister70

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

yes u have to change the cam setting,it might work,however you have a single price machine ..so not sure why u would want to vend a monster drink for the same price as a can of soda...or the other way around

The cam setting did fix the issue. I forgot to mention this a home use machine, so I'm not concerned about having expensive product in with cheaper product.. everything is a quarter in my kitchen. :)

I guess you don't see many places advertising single price machines as being able to serve energy drinks because the end user is not likely to want to sell them with cans of soda due to price(as you mentioned). I'm just trying to figure out what all I can vend out of this machine. It seems as though as long as I get things that will fit out the slot in the front, I can adjust the the machine to vend it.

Snapple bottles? Small Red Bull cans? Small juice bottles? There are a bunch of things I want to try, but I haven't found a comprehensive list anywhere, even on Dixie Narco's website. They list 8, 12, 13.2, and 16.9 oz package setup instructions.. but nothing for 16 oz energy drinks, which is why I was surprised that it worked.

I guess it's just going to be trial and error until I find a list. :)

#5 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

The cam setting did fix the issue. I forgot to mention this a home use machine, so I'm not concerned about having expensive product in with cheaper product.. everything is a quarter in my kitchen. :)

I guess you don't see many places advertising single price machines as being able to serve energy drinks because the end user is not likely to want to sell them with cans of soda due to price(as you mentioned). I'm just trying to figure out what all I can vend out of this machine. It seems as though as long as I get things that will fit out the slot in the front, I can adjust the the machine to vend it.

Snapple bottles? Small Red Bull cans? Small juice bottles? There are a bunch of things I want to try, but I haven't found a comprehensive list anywhere, even on Dixie Narco's website. They list 8, 12, 13.2, and 16.9 oz package setup instructions.. but nothing for 16 oz energy drinks, which is why I was surprised that it worked.

I guess it's just going to be trial and error until I find a list. :)

u would probably need some shims for redbull due to the diameter...