• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 Garage screen

Garage screen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:10 AM

Thanks AZ Vendor   for all the help   I purchased machine and it had broken changer  Purchased one on ebay for 60 dollars  The bulb didn't come with it but have part number 

#27 mjknieser

mjknieser

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 08:16 PM

Hello All.

I have a CT48; however, the compressor is bad in that it blows the circuit breaker when it, the compressor, tries to turn on.

I guess the first question is...   ...should I try to repair it?

It claims to have R12 inside.  Is this a repair issue?

If the answer is yes to repairing it, about how much will it cost to say replace the compressor and re-charge with Rxxx?

The compressor is labelled as a C-M75L2C.  If I were to put a "new" compressor in the CT48, what would be its part number?

Look forward to any/all replies.

#28 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:06 PM

Tripping the breaker when the compressor starts means the dome is shorted out or the rotor inside is locked up.  Either way the compressor is toast.  The machine is only worth about $150 if everything is working, so if you put a $300 compressor on it you will be wasting your money.  Yes a compressor will cost $300 by the time you pay for it and the labor to install it - if you can find someone to do the job.  There is also no way to put a used compressor in it as the cooling system is built into the machine and not removable (I knew that would be your next question.) 

My best advice is to part is out and sell the parts on Ebay

#29 Julie T

Julie T

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 09:53 AM

I recently bought a ct-48 at a charity event. Unfortunately it has no key or manual. Please help!

#30 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

With no key you will need to drill out the lock and replace it.  Be very careful that you only drill the lock as there are no parts for these machines due to their obsolescence for the last 20 years.  You will need to google it for the manual. 

If you need a lock and keys for this you can send me a PM.

#31 peter515

peter515

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 10:37 AM

Actually, there's a hole behind the machine.  Through this you can reach in and remove the lock cam using a 7/16" socket and extension.

As for parts try going to

craigslist.org

vendomachines.com

ebay.com

good luck