• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 locationsfresh

locationsfresh

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 12:20 AM

Fresh Healthy Vending Machines for Schools and Money for Schools. Fresh Healthy Vending donates up to $500 for each Fresh Healthy Vending Machine a school takes. Fresh Healthy Vending Machine Products meet or exceed all state nutritional guidelines
fresh healthy vending reviews
fresh vending reviews
vending machines

#2 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 27 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Is SPAM also healthy for you??

Why not introduce yourself and tell us about you and your company???

I want get into my thoughts about all "healthy" vending people can use the search function and read about it.....

#3 Steve Fischer

Steve Fischer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 10:20 PM

Um. Yea. When a location tells me they want some healthy options, I do what I can to accommodate them. When they tell me that they want all healthy options, I tell them that I can't help them. I'll let that be someone else's waste of time and money.

#4 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 11:30 AM

Um. Yea. When a location tells me they want some healthy options, I do what I can to accommodate them. When they tell me that they want all healthy options, I tell them that I can't help them. I'll let that be someone else's waste of time and money.

You have the right idea about "all healthy". I steer people clear of that business model and stay away from it myself. The largest vending companies in the world are not doing it somthat should speak pretty loud about its profitability. I saw recently where one of these companies got high regard about one of the "hottest franchises" or something similar. I am sorry but I have been at this a long time and IMO "healthy vending" is not where it is at and not a smart business model.

If someone can prove me wrong I am all ears and would love to debate the subject. Like I said why isnt the largest vending companies in the world doing it? Canteen, Aramark, Sudexo, etc are not doing it for a reason. They offer some "healthy options" along side regular vend items but not all healthy vending.......

#5 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 05:17 PM

I do some healthy vending. When I say healthy, I don't necessarily mean organic candy bars and gluten free muffins. I tried that for a while, and not a single item would sell. So, I came up with a balance. I now sell some of the name brand food, like Reeses, KitKats, Hershey's Dark Chocolate, Famos Amos, Big Texas, etc. But I also sell lots of healthier nut mixes, jerky, energy bars, natural crackers and chips. People love the combination! At least around here they do.

What I still won't sell are, items sweetened with Corn Syrup, or GMO corn products. That is where I have drawn the line. For me, its not just selling items people will like, but I don't eat corn syrup or GMO corn products. I believe that they are unhealthy, and bad for your body. I don't want to make my living off of selling others body degrading products. If I can't sell items that don't have those ingredients in them, then I'll get out of vending, or at least running a route. I do a lot of refurbishing and repair work anyway now. But, the healthy items that I am selling are popular, and other local vendors are adding them to their machines as well.

Just my thoughts. Bottom line, complete healthy vending would not be profitable in any account I've ever been in. Offering healthy "options" is the best way to go if you want to do healthy vending.

#6 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:36 AM

I do some healthy vending. When I say healthy, I don't necessarily mean organic candy bars and gluten free muffins. I tried that for a while, and not a single item would sell. So, I came up with a balance. I now sell some of the name brand food, like Reeses, KitKats, Hershey's Dark Chocolate, Famos Amos, Big Texas, etc. But I also sell lots of healthier nut mixes, jerky, energy bars, natural crackers and chips. People love the combination! At least around here they do.

What I still won't sell are, items sweetened with Corn Syrup, or GMO corn products. That is where I have drawn the line. For me, its not just selling items people will like, but I don't eat corn syrup or GMO corn products. I believe that they are unhealthy, and bad for your body. I don't want to make my living off of selling others body degrading products. If I can't sell items that don't have those ingredients in them, then I'll get out of vending, or at least running a route. I do a lot of refurbishing and repair work anyway now. But, the healthy items that I am selling are popular, and other local vendors are adding them to their machines as well.

Just my thoughts. Bottom line, complete healthy vending would not be profitable in any account I've ever been in. Offering healthy "options" is the best way to go if you want to do healthy vending.

Yeppers!!! You have the right idea.....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vending machines