• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BigDaddy757

BigDaddy757

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 11:33 PM

Ok. So this is my first question on the forums. I am a total newbie. I'm not really in the vending business (yet) but I'm considering it. It looks like it *could* be the business opportunity that I've been looking for.

So far, from what I've read here and on the web, some of the most important issues in vending are:
1. Location/Placement
2. Business Model/Plan
3. Machine Selection/Sourcing (full line/bulk?)
4. Product Selection/Sourcing
5. Insurance/Asset Protection

I had this crazy idea after reading about this company called "BAM!" that tried to resurrect the Automat concept (in California, I think). What if you went one step under a Classic Automat, and brought together many different kinds of automated, full line vending machines to one place. You'd find a small, climate controlled retail space, and fill it with all kinds of imaginative full line machines offering a variety of popular products. From sundries and toys all the way up to cold sandwiches, hot snacks, and gourmet coffee. It would be almost like convenience store, but without all the associated hassles of running a business like that.

In my concept, the operation would be totally cashless-running off reloadable loyalty cards that give the customer "reward" points after so many purchases at the machines in your network. Or, they would run off of CC or DC swipes to the client's personal bank accounts. No coins, except for the one or two reloading machines that would be located there.

The place could even be open 24 hours. I would put in attractors like free wi-fi, a few table and chairs, a television running some canned news/sports/talk programming. I envision this would be located primarily in the ground floor of a large office building where there would be a lot of foot traffic. It would have to have very attractive machines with lights, sounds and other things to attract interest of passers-by.

Does this concept seem like it has legs, or is it D.O.A.?

#2 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 03:55 PM

http://tampa.craigsl...2057845860.html