5 replies to this topic

#1 Vic

Vic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:34 PM

Hello...I have a USI 3500 (like the CB500 I think). The machine cuts out periodically and I get calls. It is completely dead without power when this happens. Before I get there, I get another call saying it is working. The first time I witnessed this (only time) was when I replaced the bill acceptor with an upgrade, but I assume this was just coincidence. They apparently just do some superstitious stuff like unplugging the machine (which is what I did also), so I am thinking there is a problem with the plug, cord, connection to the machine. What else should I look at? Thanks.

#2 cvending

cvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 07:26 PM

The power source would be a good place to begin. Assuming no one has been turning off the power or a breaker tripping and needing reset, I would test the power cord itself. If it checks out OK, check connections at the machine end of power cord. It ounds like a connection problem to me.

#3 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hello...I have a USI 3500 (like the CB500 I think). The machine cuts out periodically and I get calls. It is completely dead without power when this happens. Before I get there, I get another call saying it is working. The first time I witnessed this (only time) was when I replaced the bill acceptor with an upgrade, but I assume this was just coincidence. They apparently just do some superstitious stuff like unplugging the machine (which is what I did also), so I am thinking there is a problem with the plug, cord, connection to the machine. What else should I look at? Thanks.

Look for a smashed power cord first. With machine unplugged open the machine up in the lower left side of the condenser, there is junction box pull the front cover off there will be a transformer and lots of wires on the back of the box will be two bulkhead connectors one going to compressor and one is power in, follow that line for a burn or hot spot also pull back panel off check connector on backside. A very common problem. Just a thought.
vend1ng

#4 Vic

Vic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Thanks so much for both replies...I'll check it out tomorrow.

Vic

#5 Vic

Vic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:03 PM

Turned out to be an easy fix. The female connector on the power cord was loose...just had to put a shim behind it to keep it in place. Thanks again.

Vic

#6 MVSJOHN

MVSJOHN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 04:45 PM

I have a BC10 as well,with what may be the same problem.It turned out to be the GFI in the cord.Once I replaced the cord I haven't had a problem.
John

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drink, soda, USI, problem, troubleshooting, inconsistent power