2 replies to this topic

#1 steve s

steve s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:50 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this vending business and trying to set up my route around a small town. I picked up 3 used machines last week and I'm trying to get them all squared away and placed around town. So far I just have money bleeding with none coming in yet so I'm hoping to get everything up and running as cost effectively as possible. My first machine is pretty much squared away and just waiting for the flavor strips in the next day or so a Vendo 511. It's a nice machine and runs great. The next machine is a DN 501E it's a nice looking machine but missing the S2D Control board. The 3rd machine is a VMAX. It runs good but the front is beat up but I can fix that.

My immediate problem has to do with bill validators. All 3 machines run on MDB protocol so I mixed and matched the bill validatir and Coinco coin validators and got a good set for the first machine.

The Mag 50 validator display spasz's out and keeps restarting itself so I'm not expecting much from it.

The Mag 52 BX validator draws in the bill but rejects it every time. The led is steady on. I cleaned the 5 sensors with alcohol and a q-tip already. Is there something else I should try? It seems like it almost wants to work.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:34 PM

Hi Everybody,

I'm new to this vending business and trying to set up my route around a small town. I picked up 3 used machines last week and I'm trying to get them all squared away and placed around town. So far I just have money bleeding with none coming in yet so I'm hoping to get everything up and running as cost effectively as possible. My first machine is pretty much squared away and just waiting for the flavor strips in the next day or so a Vendo 511. It's a nice machine and runs great. The next machine is a DN 501E it's a nice looking machine but missing the S2D Control board. The 3rd machine is a VMAX. It runs good but the front is beat up but I can fix that.

My immediate problem has to do with bill validators. All 3 machines run on MDB protocol so I mixed and matched the bill validatir and Coinco coin validators and got a good set for the first machine.

The Mag 50 validator display spasz's out and keeps restarting itself so I'm not expecting much from it.

The Mag 52 BX validator draws in the bill but rejects it every time. The led is steady on. I cleaned the 5 sensors with alcohol and a q-tip already. Is there something else I should try? It seems like it almost wants to work.

Thanks in advance,

Steve

5 sensors? Which five? It draws the bill in? How far? There are 5 sensors in the bottom and in the top, plus rear accept, stacker switch and encoder wheel?
Vend1ng

#3 steve s

steve s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

I took the bottom of the acceptor apart and cleaned the led's on the pc board. Now it accepts and credits $1,5,10 but my new problem is it doesn't escrow them. It won't return the bill if the change return is pressed like the mag 50 does. That's not so bad because I can switch it to only accept $1 and the machine is set @ $1 cans but it will be nice to get it 100%.