Dixie Narco 501e Double Vend

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 avatar7727

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2016 - 09:02 AM

Hello everyone! I've been following this forum for a few months..very informative..as I learn new things about different machines. Being exposed only to crappy antares machines in the past I learned that those machines suck when prices go over 1.00 among other things..also to buy used quality machines..takes too long to recoup costs on new stuff IMO..

I have a 2001 Dixie Narco 501E (9 Selection). I had all kinds of double vend issues with the machine. I decided to check for shims,which rows 2-9 have in place. I checked the cam settings and they were off on some of them (2 instead of 1) as per the package set up guide on the machine. I finally got rows 2-6 to vend fine after adjustments and multiple vend tests. Row 1 (wide) I put in the 4 plastic shims on each side that were supplied to me by the seller (same part number as listed on the guide). I tried vending cans but they were double vending. So I skipped that and went on to check rows 7-9. Row 7 vends 2-1-0-2-1 pattern....Row * vends 1-2-2-1-x. Row 9 jammed initially and I had a mess getting a coke can out of the column. it read JC-9 on the display and it homed itself and i cleaned the crap out of that row and tried to vend and it is vending 2-0-2-1-0. One thing i noticed on that row and row 8..there is a metal tab at the end of the row closest to the motor that is sticking up.. is that supposed to be down? because if its up i can't put three cans in neatly and stack them properly..when i did my test vends i kept the tabs down and put three cans in a row and kept stacking three rows to make sure i could do a few vends without the sold out light coming on. Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks

J