• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

I am picking up this machine which I believe to be a Dixie Narco 276 (DN276)
I have not seen the machine in person yet, but was told that it no longer vends, still gets cold but won't vend.

Any idea on the model from looking at the pic, and also what should I check first when trying to figure out the vend situation.

Thanks Guys

Posted Image

#2 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:38 PM

What is it going to cost you to buy it?

#3 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 12:46 AM

What is it going to cost you to buy it?

It's free

#4 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:14 AM

I am picking up this machine which I believe to be a Dixie Narco 276 (DN276)
I have not seen the machine in person yet, but was told that it no longer vends, still gets cold but won't vend.

Any idea on the model from looking at the pic, and also what should I check first when trying to figure out the vend situation.

Thanks Guys

Posted Image

What do you mean doesn't vend? It doesn't take money? Or takes money doesn't vend? Vending machines don't work on magic its all logical. Set the machine up test it and let us know what it is or isn't doing I'm sure we can get it working. Be very specific and take one step at a time it will save alot of diagnostic time. There could be 1,000 different problems with "it doesn't vend" Just a thought.
Vending

#5 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

What do you mean doesn't vend? It doesn't take money? Or takes money doesn't vend? Vending machines don't work on magic its all logical. Set the machine up test it and let us know what it is or isn't doing I'm sure we can get it working. Be very specific and take one step at a time it will save alot of diagnostic time. There could be 1,000 different problems with "it doesn't vend" Just a thought.
Vending

Okay, I'll get it set up tomorrow and let you know whats going on.
Thanks for the replies guys.

#6 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:48 PM

Free is always a good deal. :)

These tech guys I am sure can get you going because they are very good at helping people on this forum.

Let us know how it goes....

#7 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 04:50 PM

Free is always a good deal. :)

These tech guys I am sure can get you going because they are very good at helping people on this forum.

Let us know how it goes....

Well it turns out, the machine is a Vendo V312. So far it seems to work, as far as cooling. But it looks like two of the vend motors are stuck. I was able to manually vend from four of the six selections, but two of the cams don't turn when I trip the microswitch. One of the two hums, and tries to operate, while the other one doesn't give any feedback. Any ideas on what I could do to free up the motors before resorting to replacement?

Thanks guys

#8 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 06:25 PM

Well it turns out, the machine is a Vendo V312. So far it seems to work, as far as cooling. But it looks like two of the vend motors are stuck. I was able to manually vend from four of the six selections, but two of the cams don't turn when I trip the microswitch. One of the two hums, and tries to operate, while the other one doesn't give any feedback. Any ideas on what I could do to free up the motors before resorting to replacement?

Thanks guys

If there isn't a mechanical jam (something jammed in the column)Then it might be the motor brake. Just like on the Dixie-Narcos there is brake that stops the motor from free wheeling it needs to be free moving. When someone buys a used pop machine generaly the person before them left pop in the machine it busts from heat or cold spraying inside the machine which jams up the motors. You can either pull the motor apart and clean the mechanism or unplug the machine and clean the motors with diluted ammonia which will disolve old syrup. As for 1 humming and 1 not give me the selection numbers of which. Its possible 1 is in front of the other in a series circuit. Also the motors have internal thermal overloads if they have been humming for awhile they could trip out on overload but should reset themselves. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#9 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:28 PM

If there isn't a mechanical jam (something jammed in the column)Then it might be the motor brake. Just like on the Dixie-Narcos there is brake that stops the motor from free wheeling it needs to be free moving. When someone buys a used pop machine generaly the person before them left pop in the machine it busts from heat or cold spraying inside the machine which jams up the motors. You can either pull the motor apart and clean the mechanism or unplug the machine and clean the motors with diluted ammonia which will disolve old syrup. As for 1 humming and 1 not give me the selection numbers of which. Its possible 1 is in front of the other in a series circuit. Also the motors have internal thermal overloads if they have been humming for awhile they could trip out on overload but should reset themselves. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

Thanks for that advice. I did take one of the motors off the vendor and the gearset looks fine and spins freely when the electric motor is removed, When I screw the motor back onto the gear assembly it locks up and won't spin. So you think I can clean something on the electric motor itself?

My next task is figuring out why it won't accept coins or bills. When I put coins in, it bypasses the coin collector and just goes to the change return chute. Does the coin changer need to be full in order for the vendor to accept money? Maybe thats why it won't take a dollar either??

Sorry for all the Q's guys, Just trying to figure this out.

Thanks again

#10 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 09:35 PM

My next task is figuring out why it won't accept coins or bills. When I put coins in, it bypasses the coin collector and just goes to the change return chute. Does the coin changer need to be full in order for the vendor to accept money? Maybe thats why it won't take a dollar either??

yes it needs enough coins in there try a 5 or 6 in each tube

#11 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:30 PM

Today's update is I still have problems. I filled the coin tubes to about 3/4 and the machine still won't take coins or bills. So I still need help figuring that out. I have also come to notice that machine is not chilling the cans down. I adjusted the thermostat, and I can hear the compressor come on. I can also tell that the compressor is not shutting off. It seems to be on whenever I come into the garage, and is not cooling the cans.
Any advice on either topic is greatly appreciated.

Thanks again guys.

#12 dogcow

dogcow

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 08:42 AM

Is there power to the door?

#13 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 03:44 PM

If the motors are not homed and/or the motor switches are not in the proper position it will not allow the machine to accept coins. As vend1ng staes, these motors are in series so when one is out of sorts it effects the whole machine. It is easy to see if the compressor ever shuts off. Take a small piece of paper and out it against the condensor fins. The air being drwan in by the fan should hold the paper against the fins. Come back a couple if hours later and the paper should be on the floor of the machine. If not we will need to diagnose the refer system

#14 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:21 PM

If the motors are not homed and/or the motor switches are not in the proper position it will not allow the machine to accept coins. As vend1ng staes, these motors are in series so when one is out of sorts it effects the whole machine. It is easy to see if the compressor ever shuts off. Take a small piece of paper and out it against the condensor fins. The air being drwan in by the fan should hold the paper against the fins. Come back a couple if hours later and the paper should be on the floor of the machine. If not we will need to diagnose the refer system

Okay guys I'm getting somewhere now. I got the vend motors in the mail today and got them installed and filled the coin tubes up and now all is well on that part. It now accepts dollars and gives change as well as take coins. So one hurdle crossed. The next and probably most important dilemma is the refer system. I'm running it today to see if it will cool the preloaded cans(the ones in the vend bucket) I still think I'm gonna end up with problems in the cooling system though. So If I can at first thank all of you guys that have helped me get this far, and then shift your expertise to helping me sort out the cooling system I'd greatly appreciate it.

100,000,000,000,000.00 THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!

#15 That Guy

That Guy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:20 PM

Okay guys I'm getting somewhere now. I got the vend motors in the mail today and got them installed and filled the coin tubes up and now all is well on that part. It now accepts dollars and gives change as well as take coins. So one hurdle crossed. The next and probably most important dilemma is the refer system. I'm running it today to see if it will cool the preloaded cans(the ones in the vend bucket) I still think I'm gonna end up with problems in the cooling system though. So If I can at first thank all of you guys that have helped me get this far, and then shift your expertise to helping me sort out the cooling system I'd greatly appreciate it.

100,000,000,000,000.00 THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!

Awesome!

#16 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:58 AM

Any ideas on this issue guys?

Thanks

#17 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:20 AM

Any ideas on this issue guys?

Thanks

What are you trying to fix now? Cooling?

#18 whlnwgn

whlnwgn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

What are you trying to fix now? Cooling?

Yes,only have a cooling issue now as described in post #14. As soon as I get this figured out I'll be smooth sailing.

Thanks

#19 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:20 PM

Yes,only have a cooling issue now as described in post #14. As soon as I get this figured out I'll be smooth sailing.

Thanks

First we need to know if the compressor ever shuts off. The easiest way is to plug it in and put a piece of paper up against the condensor fins. The fan should suck the paper in and hold it in place. Close the door and come back 3 hours or so later and the paper should be on the ground. If it isn't then you either are low on gas or the condensor is extremely dirty. If it has fallen then it would more then likely be the thermostat.

#20 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

Thanks

Give us a hint to what the cooling issue is. Is there any cooling, none, some. Is there any frost or ice on evaperator (the coil under the chute). What is the fan status? There are two, 1 behind evaperator, 1 underneath next to compressor. Is the box temperature 50-60 or higher? Do you think compressor is running or not? Where is machine located inside, outside, in the garage? Get yourself familiar with these things: T-stat (should be left of evaperator), fan motors, compressor, condensor (underneath next to compressor), Locate 2 copper lines coming from evaperator 1 about 1/8" dia. the other 5/16" dia.Terminal block should be mounted left hand side of condensor where the compressor plugs in. Do you have or can you read a volt ohm meter? Give us alittle info we will be glad to help out. I wish I could just wave my magic wand but I lost that in the divorce to the real witch ....Just kidding ....... Well sort of.
Vend1ng