1 reply to this topic

#1 chargedbird

chargedbird

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

Hello Everybody,

I have a Dixie Narco 440. I have some questions about iceing up and the fans...

I am having some issues with icing up...I lowered the temp to as low as it can go, but I still get icing, and the fan motor on the evap or condersor (dont know the exact name, however this fan is located on upper level above the compressor) alwasy runs...its never turns off....the comperssor turns on and off when I adjust the temp....I had this machine for about 2 years, personal machine in my garage full of beer!! :)

I dont ever remember seeing this much ice and I cant remember if the upper fan is suppose to stay on all the time....

If this email sounds confussing I am sorry....just ask and I will answer your questions.

All comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Brad

#2 snack dude

snack dude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 05:25 PM

Hello Everybody,

I have a Dixie Narco 440. I have some questions about iceing up and the fans...

I am having some issues with icing up...I lowered the temp to as low as it can go, but I still get icing, and the fan motor on the evap or condersor (dont know the exact name, however this fan is located on upper level above the compressor) alwasy runs...its never turns off....the comperssor turns on and off when I adjust the temp....I had this machine for about 2 years, personal machine in my garage full of beer!! :)

I dont ever remember seeing this much ice and I cant remember if the upper fan is suppose to stay on all the time....

If this email sounds confussing I am sorry....just ask and I will answer your questions.

All comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Brad

okay 1st the fan behind the evaporator should always run and if it is always on that is not the problem. If it is not running all the time that probably is your problem.
If the evaporator is only icing up on the top or one side then you are probably low on freon.
If the whole thing becomes a big block of ice and the evaporator fan is still running then I would suspect an air leak.
Warm moist air leaking into the machine will ice it up.
You want to check the door seal all the way around to see that it is sealing. The best way I have found is to put some vaseline on the door seal and close it up tight. Then open the door and look at the machine side where the door seal hits. Any spot without vaseline on it means the seal is not sealing at that spot.
Also check the drain tube. it should have a kink or loop in it and be holding a small amount of water to keep warm air from flowing up the tube into the evaporator.
Also check where the refrigeration tubes and cables come thru the deck from the compressor to the evaporator

Let us know how it goes
Good luck