Close
Photo

Healthy vending Franchises: Are they worth it?

Healthy Vending

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 greenvender

greenvender

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:25 AM

Hello Everyone,

I am looking into starting a healthy food vending business and have been talking to Sprout Vending, Naturals to Go vending, Fresh vending and H.U.M.A.N. My husband says I should just purchase my own machines and start my own healthy vending company. What do you all think? I am leaning toward Natruals to Go, who does not have franchising fees, but they do have remote tracking, training seminars and a three year warranty on machines.

If I go it on my own, what machines do you all recommend? I am currently looking at this one:
(5) - 2008 Samsung Planet Antares / Purco Corp Office Deli Electrical Snack & Soda Vending Machines - New, Never Used!!!
Machines have 38 selections of snack, beverage and entree. Seller is original owner; machines are new in boxes. See details for machine specs.

Thanks for you feedback. I am very new to all of this!

Best regards,
Greenvender

#2 RJT

RJT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 06:15 AM

The "search" function is your friend but I will say this;

Many discussions about the subject of all healthy vending on this and other forums. No large succesful vending company does all healthy vending. If asked to do all healthy vending and have no choice but to do all healthy I turn them down or if I have already have the account I move out. I repeat NO large succesful vending company does all healthy only vending.

Besides the fact that they charge HUGE amounts for the machines that would take you forever to get your ROI. I dont care who is offering this business model, it does not work.

Let me say this a good drink and snack account will generate around $250 a week gross before product cost, gas, wear and tear, insurance, time, damages, stales, etc. Now keep in kind that $250 a week in a drink snack only account is a VERY strong account any vending company would love to have a 100's of. I am not talking LARGE multi machine accunts like hospitals, large manuf accounts, colleges, etc. What you are offering is a drink-snack style account. That is not the norm for a drink snack because the norm will usually be $200 or less a week. Also keep in mind that "regular snacks" (ie, Snickers, cookies, chips, crackers, etc) out sell healthy 10 to 1. I know because I run healthy items along side regular items.

Now you do the math on what it cost you per location to use their program and tell me how long it will take to get your money back. In vending if it takes you longer than 12 months to get your ROI you are either getting the wrong accounts or spending to much on equiment going in the accounts......

Good luck.....

#3 albinocrow

albinocrow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:48 AM

Mine are considered healthy choice but are more accurately healthier choice. I did a lot of research and trial and error on products and finally settled somewhere in the middle. (are we allowed to say brands here?) I do carry and sell Clif and Kind bars, but I sell more chocolate covered raisins and sweet and salty nut bars as an example. People are slowly coming around and I find there are some who are amazed and grateful for the more natural selections and will gladly put in a $5 and keep selecting until it is used up. I also take credit cards which is slow to catch on but I am happy to offer it and it also gets me the remote tracking...which I love!
ps. currently my best selling snack is pistachios (in the shell) go figure!