Close
Photo
- - - - -

help with shims dixie narco 501e

soda vending vending troubleshooting vending repair vending parts cold beverage vending

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 SLO-STI

SLO-STI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:05 PM

I need help figuring out what shim is what.

I think this one in the pic below is for bottles? Disregard the cans in the pic. I believe that's the bottle shim because is vends 2 cans on the second attempt with the cams correct and the rod and spring in the correct position.
010.jpg

and I think this one below is for cans? am I correct?
009.jpg

#2 H4UV

H4UV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 07:52 PM

The bottom picture appears to be for cans, yes. But the top picture is rather incomplete as far as showing the actual cam. Could you take the soda out and take a picture of the whole row and cam when the row is empty?

#3 SLO-STI

SLO-STI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:36 PM

The bottom picture appears to be for cans, yes. But the top picture is rather incomplete as far as showing the actual cam. Could you take the soda out and take a picture of the whole row and cam when the row is empty?

Yes I will pull the product tomorrow and post pic

#4 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 04:40 AM

It does look like it may be a can shim you really can't tell what shim that is in that picture. A better shot would be of the notching on the bottom of that shim. It looks like you are filling the column only 2 deep instead of the three deep that you can. Try moving the back wall spacer all the way back and leaving 3 valleys on the vend cam attached to the motor.

#5 SLO-STI

SLO-STI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:31 AM

OK guys here are pics of the shims I have and of the cams. The machine will be set up with 8 cans and the number 1 slot will be 16.9 oz bottle water. I have the can slots 3 cans deep. Please tell me what shims I need and what I need for the bottle water as I know it doesnt work as is (bottles get jammed and dont vend, obviously needs shims). I have 4 each of the metal shims and 3 each of the plastic shims. I also only have 4 rod and springs. Do I need a rod and spring for each can? (im pretty sure I do). I already ordered more rod and springs but not shims because I am unsure which ones I need.

the 2 types of metal shims I have
Posted Image

The plastic shims I have
Posted Image

Can Cams
Posted Image

Bottle Cam
Posted Image

3 cans deep
Posted Image

Thanks everyone for the help!!!

#6 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

Metal shim on the right is for cans. The cam settings on the brown cams look correct. Did you have the motor out of the machine for any reason? It is possible to install them 180 degrees off.

The red cam is set for 20 oz bottles and the left metal shim and your plastic shim are 20 oz shims.

As far as the water, what 16.9 oz bottle are you trying to vend?

#7 SLO-STI

SLO-STI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:08 PM

I have not had the motors out. I used the shims on the right for 4 different can slots and only 1 of the 4 vend right. The other 3 slots vend 2 sodas on the second vend and nothing on the 3rd vend. I have all 4 setup the exact same, so I was thinking I was using the wrong shims and just getting lucky with one working right. This morning when I took those pics I used one of the shims on the left for cans and it worked fine on all three vend cycles??? but I only tried it in one slot.

#8 SLO-STI

SLO-STI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 12:58 PM

I'm using deer park 16.9 oz water

Empty slot with rod and spring
Posted Image

Empty Bottle slot
Posted Image

#9 Technivend

Technivend

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 March 2011 - 02:02 PM

Can Settings http://12.10.34.91:8...c0?OpenDocument

16.9 oz water settings http://12.10.34.91:8...b3?OpenDocument

You must have something mechanical wrong in there. Bent sidewall, twisted cups. But double check these settings to be sure.

#10 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 12:06 PM

Can Settings http://12.10.34.91:8...c0?OpenDocument

16.9 oz water settings http://12.10.34.91:8...b3?OpenDocument

You must have something mechanical wrong in there. Bent sidewall, twisted cups. But double check these settings to be sure.

I was in a hurry so I sped read the post so I might have missed something. I think your trying to vend 16.9oz water. The shimming is the same for cans just set the back spacer. If it is a 3 deep machine you may or may not be able to vend 2 deep water (depends on manufacturer. ALSO you can only vend bottles ridgid enough to vend. I.E Ozarka has 16.9oz water bottle sold at Sam's and Costco that says "for vending" they will not work! They will work but can only stack 10 high but can still jam!Most bottles are to flimsey to vend they will not hold the weight beeing stacked without smashing bottle and jamming. Ozarka does make water bottle that is for "Vending" which has ridges and thick enough to vend we have been using them for 4 years without problems. I can only find them through vend broker (Vistar). Also unless the machine is also a 20oz bottle machine you can only vend 16.9oz bottles out of the middle single columns the vend chute is to small so if the bottle doesn't slide straight out it will get caught sideways and jam the machine. Just another thought.
Vend1ng

#11 SLO-STI

SLO-STI

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 03:59 PM

Alright Ive been messing with the wide column trying to vend the bottles and I got it jammed! So I cleared the jam and now when you try to vend it says "try another selection" So I noticed the motor stopped mid cycle of the cam because of the jam so I manually rotated the motor/cam to the next stop cycle of the cam but it still says the same thing. I had the same issue with a narrow column one time and did the same thing by manually rotating the motor to the next spot and that fixed it. So how to get the wide column to start vending again since it jammed??

Thanks so far guys
Ryan

#12 LouReed

LouReed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 March 2011 - 04:48 PM

Just to throw my two cents in, I vend 20 oz. Poland out of one of these machines. I don't know the cam setting off the top of my head, but i load them two deep and stack 'em to the top. never a problem

#13 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 11 March 2011 - 08:35 AM

Just to throw my two cents in, I vend 20 oz. Poland out of one of these machines. I don't know the cam setting off the top of my head, but i load them two deep and stack 'em to the top. never a problem

Almost all 20oz bottles are designed to vend its the 16.9oz bottles that are not always vendable.Just a thought.
Vend1ng

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: soda vending, vending troubleshooting, vending repair, vending parts, cold beverage vending