• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#26 EricMcJ31

EricMcJ31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:59 PM

This thread is what made me curious to drop a few $$$ in Kick start's direction, and this is my review:

1) Kickstart Locators IS a legitimate company that will work hard for you and get you locations.
2) KSL did a great job of finding me locations so far (I have only purchased a couple, but I do like how they are on top of things and really get me something fast)
3) KSL is NOT the best locator that you will find, YOU are-you know your town, its area, its popular places, etc etc; but, if you don't want to spend your own time either going from door to door or calling everybody in the phone book, then KSL IS a great tool for your business.

Bottom line is, KSL (in the little amount of time I've dealt with them), seems to be a great and legit company; so what if Rob doesn't personally return phone calls, he has ALWAYS given me a personal reply via my email--time is money, and he probably doesn't have all day fielding calls for someone with a petty question or two that he may be stuck on the phone for quite a while with--Best of luck, man, and KSL keep up the good work; you can't please 100% of the people, because it just simply can't be done, but IMO they do quite a great job and take a LOT of the legwork out of it for me-

Eric
B&B Vending

#27 transitboy122

transitboy122

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2011 - 08:55 PM

I also can not recommend Kickstart locators. I paid for 2 locations on 6-26-11 and as of 8-12-11 they still have not gotten me both locations. All I get is a bunch of BS from Rob. I have asked for my money back but he keeps saying (were working on it) so I cantacted my credit card company.. RUN and get somebody else THEY SUCK!!!!!!

#28 pvpony

pvpony

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:21 AM

DO NOT DEAL WITH KICKSTART!!!
IT WILL TAKE THEM MONTHS TO GET LOCATIONS FOR YOU.
THEY DO NOT ANSWER THEIR PHONE. SO YOU HAVE TO EMAIL THEM......THEN,
YOU ALWAYS GET THE SAME RESPONSE WHICH GOES SOMETHING LIKE THIS:
HEY, PARTNER, SO SORRY, WE WILL GET RIGHT ON IT, REGARDS, ROB.
THEN YOU WAIT SOME MORE.
SAVE YOURSELF TIME AND MONEY................. AVOID KICKSTART.

#29 GregSilb

GregSilb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:22 AM

I ordered two locations through KickStart over two weeks ago. I have two toy vending machines and Rob told me it would be about a week until he finds two secure locations. Now, over two weeks later all his company has done is send me around town getting turned down by every place.
Here is what I have learned about this company: THEY DO NO SECURE LOCATIONS. THEY BASICALLY SET UP APPOINTMENTS FOR YOU TO MEET WITH MANAGERS/OWNERS. I have gone to four places at the assigned meeting time, three of which the manager I was supposed to meet with was not even there.
I call Rob after each location fails and leave a message however, he never replies-only with a short email feeding you some BS how they are "working on it" and "this never happens." Interesting how he answers all calls before you place an order and ignores them after.
I will continue to update the forum with the progress of my order but overall this has been an extremely disappointing experience and I would strongly recommend to use other services.

#30 Mustang

Mustang

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

I ordered a location over two weeks ago with no response from Kick Start. I'll be asking for a refund.

#31 jeremiah77

jeremiah77

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

Big waste of time and money!! There are much better (and less expensive) locators out there. I gave Rob several chances to step up and do the right thing. It's been over a year and still nothing. Do yourself a favor and look elsewhere!!