• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 s&s foods

s&s foods

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 10:08 AM

Looks like the HR-32 is gonna be the best price for the snack machines. Getting 12 for $2925 apiece...this includes shipping to the exact spot they will vend from. Sound reasonable? This is my first purchase, so I am looking for some feedback. Thanks

#2 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 05:42 PM

Looks like the HR-32 is gonna be the best price for the snack machines. Getting 12 for $2925 apiece...this includes shipping to the exact spot they will vend from. Sound reasonable? This is my first purchase, so I am looking for some feedback. Thanks

Is this your first try at vending?

#3 s&s foods

s&s foods

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:29 PM

Is this your first try at vending?

I have been bulk vending for about 5 yrs. This is my first go at snack/soda. Could not pass up the opportunity. Paper mill with 700-800 BCW's. Got the contract bidding against Diamond Foods and Canteen:) But now I am in it up to here.

#4 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:52 PM

I have been bulk vending for about 5 yrs. This is my first go at snack/soda. Could not pass up the opportunity. Paper mill with 700-800 BCW's. Got the contract bidding against Diamond Foods and Canteen:) But now I am in it up to here.

Wow, talk about Homerun, get ready to work, nothing against bulk, but there two different animals.Good luck.The easy part was getting the account, the hard part is setting it up and keeping it.I see your looking at USI, I don't like them,( sorry if offended any of you USI users) and for the money AP, OR GPL, would be a better option.Look into a posi-vend or sure- vend option, and make sure you size each location within the plant to make sure the machine fits through the door, some of those control room doors are small, and your machines may not fit through it, you may have to jack knife it through, are you can order 30" 5 wide's, called shallow box's, but anyways I hope I gave you some food for thought.

#5 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 01:34 PM

Wow, talk about Homerun, get ready to work, nothing against bulk, but there two different animals.Good luck.The easy part was getting the account, the hard part is setting it up and keeping it.I see your looking at USI, I don't like them,( sorry if offended any of you USI users) and for the money AP, OR GPL, would be a better option.Look into a posi-vend or sure- vend option, and make sure you size each location within the plant to make sure the machine fits through the door, some of those control room doors are small, and your machines may not fit through it, you may have to jack knife it through, are you can order 30" 5 wide's, called shallow box's, but anyways I hope I gave you some food for thought.

Hi JBL. Glad to see you here. If you don't mind my asking, what's wrong with USI? Why do you think AP and GPL are better than USI?

#6 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 04:48 PM

Hi JBL. Glad to see you here. If you don't mind my asking, what's wrong with USI? Why do you think AP and GPL are better than USI?

BVI, there cheaply made, they have no tech support worth a hoot,GPL has better control boards, there user frendily, they have great support, they simple to use, they look nicer, they are accutally cheaper than the USI. The only thing that vendnet has going is there inhouse financing and everyone sells them, thats right, they have no protective territory, thats it.Again, I'm not trying to knock your USI machines, but I bet if you tried a GPL, you wouldnt go back to USI's, that much I'm sure of.

#7 The Vending Guys

The Vending Guys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:46 PM

I agree with JBL.... Once you go to GPL you will never go back to anything else. Its an awesome machine!

#8 nomoneynomo

nomoneynomo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 11:19 PM

I agree with JBL.... Once you go to GPL you will never go back to anything else. Its an awesome machine!

We only use the GPL machine and they are great working machines but I couldn't imagine a machine that is built worse than those GPL's. I can remember a time when they had machines that had metal coin buckets, shelves, panels etc. and now it's all plastic. Are all brands of machines being made like that now? The cabinets are still made of metal but I'm sure that will change soon. The one thing I don't miss is the candy shelves that would fall out on me and land on my toes:)

#9 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 08:08 AM

What is a good source for GPL machines??

Lee

#10 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 07:54 PM

BVI, there cheaply made, they have no tech support worth a hoot,GPL has better control boards, there user frendily, they have great support, they simple to use, they look nicer, they are accutally cheaper than the USI. The only thing that vendnet has going is there inhouse financing and everyone sells them, thats right, they have no protective territory, thats it.Again, I'm not trying to knock your USI machines, but I bet if you tried a GPL, you wouldnt go back to USI's, that much I'm sure of.

I completely agree with this statement accept I use AP. I am a big AP person and unfortunately I am falling out of love with GPL lately. I was told this morning by my distributor that they are going to plastic shelving now like the national vendors.

Also if any of you all go into coffee vending GPL and API have you covered. They have chiped keys taht you can save all the data on for your configs and setup each machine within a matter of seconds. This is also a feature for the GPL and now Crane(GPL) owns API, Vendo, National Vendors, and dixie narco. Its kinda scary to think one person owns all those vendors now and I have seen alot of machines change latley to all look alike and use the same boards(mostly coffee vendors and snacks).

#11 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 17 November 2007 - 08:16 PM

JBL, I really have to think that it's been a while since you've used USI. Honestly, I can't imagine a more reliable, easy-to-use machine out there - be it soda or snack. Actually, the new HR-series snack machines now use the same boards as the CB500s, which is great because the predecessors used boards that weren't quite as easy to use (maybe that's what you're referring to); however, I got used to them quickly, but much prefer the new version.

Now, Wittern (USI) has a company (American Machine) that I think would fall into the category which you are describing. I bought 2 of those snack machines and won't buy any more. However, if you're comparing GPL to the HR-series USI, I'd have to say your GPL machines would really have to be awesome to be in the same league. I've seen them out there and I haven't really been impressed with what I've seen, but I haven't actually tried one, either.

Also, as far as USI tech support, they've always been great, and I've always been impressed. Especially one of their techs - Bob Floyd - really knows his stuff. It might now have been that way before, but all I can speak about is my own experience.

You're right though, about their marketing. Everyone sells their stuff, which only adds to the confusion.

Not trying to be contrary here, but all I've had is great luck with USI. We've just had different experiences, which I think may have more to do with when you last used USI than how they are today.

#12 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:26 AM

JBL, I really have to think that it's been a while since you've used USI. Honestly, I can't imagine a more reliable, easy-to-use machine out there - be it soda or snack. Actually, the new HR-series snack machines now use the same boards as the CB500s, which is great because the predecessors used boards that weren't quite as easy to use (maybe that's what you're referring to); however, I got used to them quickly, but much prefer the new version.

Now, Wittern (USI) has a company (American Machine) that I think would fall into the category which you are describing. I bought 2 of those snack machines and won't buy any more. However, if you're comparing GPL to the HR-series USI, I'd have to say your GPL machines would really have to be awesome to be in the same league. I've seen them out there and I haven't really been impressed with what I've seen, but I haven't actually tried one, either.

Also, as far as USI tech support, they've always been great, and I've always been impressed. Especially one of their techs - Bob Floyd - really knows his stuff. It might now have been that way before, but all I can speak about is my own experience.

You're right though, about their marketing. Everyone sells their stuff, which only adds to the confusion.

Not trying to be contrary here, but all I've had is great luck with USI. We've just had different experiences, which I think may have more to do with when you last used USI than how they are today.

BVI, I respect that you use USI, and I'm sure they have upgraded since I've purchased one, which has been 5 years, I still order parts from them for our Company as well as our Customers.The thing is, GPL, and AP just offer more,and if your happy with the USI, than thats all that matters, like I said, I'm not trying to offend anyone, there good machines for people that want to get easy finiancing, and easy to use machines, really all machines that don't give you a problem, and are easy to use are good machines, a vendor just has to find out what works for him or her, and stay with one brand so they wont have to carry so many different parts.

#13 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 01:48 PM

BVI, I respect that you use USI, and I'm sure they have upgraded since I've purchased one, which has been 5 years, I still order parts from them for our Company as well as our Customers.The thing is, GPL, and AP just offer more,and if your happy with the USI, than thats all that matters, like I said, I'm not trying to offend anyone, there good machines for people that want to get easy finiancing, and easy to use machines, really all machines that don't give you a problem, and are easy to use are good machines, a vendor just has to find out what works for him or her, and stay with one brand so they wont have to carry so many different parts.

Well I might not have liked USI five years ago, either. :lol: I think I started buying USI when some of those things you mentioned were changing. A couple of the first snack machines I bought from USI have software that is slightly complicated and takes some getting used to, but as I said, what they're using now is extremely easy.

I think that most of the manufacturers are using a lot of the same technology, and if the machine is new, it should be fairly easy to use and trouble free at least for a while. I agree - once you land on a particular line of machines that you like, it's best to stick with it just because of being able to use the same parts.

Somebody made a comment in one of these threads about some manufacturer going to plastic trays in their snack machines instead of metal trays. I know USI in their HR-series machines has gone to plastic trays... and to be completely candid about it - I like them better than the metal trays I have in a couple of machines. I don't know why, but the plastic stays much cleaner over time than the metal ones do. Maybe because plastic absorbs the oils that leak out of chip bags? Not sure, but to me they just seem easier to work with. But that's just me, there may be some benefits of the metal trays I just haven't thought of.

#14 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:12 PM

Well I might not have liked USI five years ago, either. :lol: I think I started buying USI when some of those things you mentioned were changing. A couple of the first snack machines I bought from USI have software that is slightly complicated and takes some getting used to, but as I said, what they're using now is extremely easy.

I think that most of the manufacturers are using a lot of the same technology, and if the machine is new, it should be fairly easy to use and trouble free at least for a while. I agree - once you land on a particular line of machines that you like, it's best to stick with it just because of being able to use the same parts.

Somebody made a comment in one of these threads about some manufacturer going to plastic trays in their snack machines instead of metal trays. I know USI in their HR-series machines has gone to plastic trays... and to be completely candid about it - I like them better than the metal trays I have in a couple of machines. I don't know why, but the plastic stays much cleaner over time than the metal ones do. Maybe because plastic absorbs the oils that leak out of chip bags? Not sure, but to me they just seem easier to work with. But that's just me, there may be some benefits of the metal trays I just haven't thought of.

I have a few machines that are near 20 years old and still work perfectly with a few upgrades and new mechs and validators. If it wasnt for the metal trays and very durable motors I dont know if they would work as well. I have one machine that has plastic shelving and its maybe 8-9 years old and we have tons of problems with it. The only thing to consider is the advancement in durability when using plastic these days.

Also as far as software I have been told more then once that USI has huge dex compatibility problems. I know that most dont use dex but it will most likley be widley used in the future due to drop of ROI and its benifits. For me I have tried to look into the future when buying machines and am glad that whose that ran the company before me did as well.

Also I was reading an article a few months ago that showed comparison of machines that are in use against machines preferred by vendors. It was accumulated data from a survey done by Automatic merchandiser and it showed that for snack machines AP, GPL and AMS where top and I believe AMS was top for frozen. As for Coke machines it was Royal then Vendo(which I personally dont agree with on most vendo lines). I did a quick search on their website and didnt find it so I will try and find the article and post it later.

#15 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:54 PM

I have a few machines that are near 20 years old and still work perfectly with a few upgrades and new mechs and validators. If it wasnt for the metal trays and very durable motors I dont know if they would work as well. I have one machine that has plastic shelving and its maybe 8-9 years old and we have tons of problems with it. The only thing to consider is the advancement in durability when using plastic these days.

Also as far as software I have been told more then once that USI has huge dex compatibility problems. I know that most dont use dex but it will most likley be widley used in the future due to drop of ROI and its benifits. For me I have tried to look into the future when buying machines and am glad that whose that ran the company before me did as well.

Also I was reading an article a few months ago that showed comparison of machines that are in use against machines preferred by vendors. It was accumulated data from a survey done by Automatic merchandiser and it showed that for snack machines AP, GPL and AMS where top and I believe AMS was top for frozen. As for Coke machines it was Royal then Vendo(which I personally dont agree with on most vendo lines). I did a quick search on their website and didnt find it so I will try and find the article and post it later.

I was wondering how long a typical vending machine would last... I was thinking along the lines of 15 to 20 years with new coin mechs and validators... a lot less expensive than replacing entire machines.

Most of you all have more experience than I do with machines in general. I can say from my limited experience with both metal and plastic shelving, I do prefer the plastic over the metal. I believe they will last longer and look nicer over the long haul than metal. Like I said before, I could be wrong, but the plastic in my USI HR-series models seem to be very durable.

Regarding DEX... I don't have an opinion yet. I really don't see my company getting large enough to spend the money on it (growing beyond what my son and I can handle and maybe my nephew). I think there is value to the customer and to us for us to be onsite twice a week (most accounts)... if nothing needs to be replenished, then it's a very short service call. But it's good for the account to see us and know we're there taking care of things. So, I'm not so concerned with saving that service trip, per se'. Maybe I'll change my mind about that later on.

I'm not saying that GPL and AP and whatever else we're talking about are inferior machines... I'm sure they're great machines or there wouldn't be so many vendors out there buying them. At the same time, I think USI is putting out great machines - I mean, they give me ZERO downtime across the board and look very stately. Not only that, but I have virtually forgotten what it is like to give a refund (except for my Royal and Dixie 3rd party machines). I get outstanding tech support. I really can only speak from the good experience I've had with USI (Wittern).

#16 coinvestor

coinvestor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 06:57 PM

I was wondering how long a typical vending machine would last... I was thinking along the lines of 15 to 20 years with new coin mechs and validators... a lot less expensive than replacing entire machines.

Most of you all have more experience than I do with machines in general. I can say from my limited experience with both metal and plastic shelving, I do prefer the plastic over the metal. I believe they will last longer and look nicer over the long haul than metal. Like I said before, I could be wrong, but the plastic in my USI HR-series models seem to be very durable.

Regarding DEX... I don't have an opinion yet. I really don't see my company getting large enough to spend the money on it (growing beyond what my son and I can handle and maybe my nephew). I think there is value to the customer and to us for us to be onsite twice a week (most accounts)... if nothing needs to be replenished, then it's a very short service call. But it's good for the account to see us and know we're there taking care of things. So, I'm not so concerned with saving that service trip, per se'. Maybe I'll change my mind about that later on.

I'm not saying that GPL and AP and whatever else we're talking about are inferior machines... I'm sure they're great machines or there wouldn't be so many vendors out there buying them. At the same time, I think USI is putting out great machines - I mean, they give me ZERO downtime across the board and look very stately. Not only that, but I have virtually forgotten what it is like to give a refund (except for my Royal and Dixie 3rd party machines). I get outstanding tech support. I really can only speak from the good experience I've had with USI (Wittern).

I will add that the plastic trays in my USI with stood a drop off the back of the moving truck when the metal parts got scratched and dented :)

JD

#17 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

I will add that the plastic trays in my USI with stood a drop off the back of the moving truck when the metal parts got scratched and dented :)

JD

That's exactly it, Jeremiah. The two snacks that I have (American Machine Corp. ie: Wittern Group) that have metal shelves got scratched up just from routine stuff within 6 months of use - both machines. I don't have to worry about that with my HR-series machines with the plastic shelves. They will always look brand new.

#18 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 08:58 PM

That's exactly it, Jeremiah. The two snacks that I have (American Machine Corp. ie: Wittern Group) that have metal shelves got scratched up just from routine stuff within 6 months of use - both machines. I don't have to worry about that with my HR-series machines with the plastic shelves. They will always look brand new.

Really? Its kinda hard to believe from my experience. For the past 4-5 years I have been moving the machines every trip and have yet to have my machines end up with dents or scratches on the shelves. One time we hit a huge dip in the road that we didnt see and 2 shelves slammed out but still no dents. Also I cant think of any machines that have even minor scratches and as I said some are almost 20 years old and I was running the larger route by myself for the past 6 months until recently; so I have gotten a good look at all of my machines recently. There are a few that have faded paint, but that was an issue with one of the guys using strait solvsit to clean the trays that we didnt know about. The biggest problem I have when it comes to looks of the machines is the ones that are in the schools. I have had kids cut there names into the sides and even once into the glass. ALso they tend to kick the front of the machine leaving white scuff marks.

#19 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:20 PM

Really? Its kinda hard to believe from my experience. For the past 4-5 years I have been moving the machines every trip and have yet to have my machines end up with dents or scratches on the shelves. One time we hit a huge dip in the road that we didnt see and 2 shelves slammed out but still no dents. Also I cant think of any machines that have even minor scratches and as I said some are almost 20 years old and I was running the larger route by myself for the past 6 months until recently; so I have gotten a good look at all of my machines recently. There are a few that have faded paint, but that was an issue with one of the guys using strait solvsit to clean the trays that we didnt know about. The biggest problem I have when it comes to looks of the machines is the ones that are in the schools. I have had kids cut there names into the sides and even once into the glass. ALso they tend to kick the front of the machine leaving white scuff marks.

Really. I had the door open on one of the two I'm referring to and a sharp part of the door rubbed against a metal panel on one of the shelves and scratched it up pretty good. A similar situation happened with the other one. If you don't believe that, I'll send you pictures of it. These are the American Machine Corp part of Wittern (USI) and I won't buy any more of them. The scratches did not happen during moving, but during loading product and maintenance.

#20 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 19 November 2007 - 09:36 PM

Really. I had the door open on one of the two I'm referring to and a sharp part of the door rubbed against a metal panel on one of the shelves and scratched it up pretty good. A similar situation happened with the other one. If you don't believe that, I'll send you pictures of it. These are the American Machine Corp part of Wittern (USI) and I won't buy any more of them. The scratches did not happen during moving, but during loading product and maintenance.

I believe you based on scratches Ive caused on my coke machines but my AP's and even the few GPl's I have do not have many scratches. There are a few but very small and usually completely unnoticed by the consumer. Then again thats another reason why I think AP is a very high standard.

#21 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 03:58 PM

I believe you based on scratches Ive caused on my coke machines but my AP's and even the few GPl's I have do not have many scratches. There are a few but very small and usually completely unnoticed by the consumer. Then again thats another reason why I think AP is a very high standard.

Yeah, well the snack machines I scratched inside are not the far-superior USI - HR Series that I use exclusively now... they are the cheaper cousin machine. I won't have that problem with my HR series snack machines because they're designed much better. Plus, even if they did scratch, which they won't, but even if they did, the scratches on the plastic shelves would be unnoticeable due to the pigment being permeated throughout the plastic - there is no paint to scratch like there is on metal shelves.

I'll tell you what, though, Kevin, I'd like to compare a brand new USI HR-Series with a brand new AP Snackshop (or whatever) side-by-side. I'm not saying that I wouldn't pick the AP, but I am saying it would have a hard row to hoe because USI is just that good. I'm inclined to think that those of you who are knocking USI are basing your opinions on outdated machines and old technology and have not seen the new stuff -- at least not up close. No offense, AP and GPL fans.

#22 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 08:50 PM

Yeah, well the snack machines I scratched inside are not the far-superior USI - HR Series that I use exclusively now... they are the cheaper cousin machine. I won't have that problem with my HR series snack machines because they're designed much better. Plus, even if they did scratch, which they won't, but even if they did, the scratches on the plastic shelves would be unnoticeable due to the pigment being permeated throughout the plastic - there is no paint to scratch like there is on metal shelves.

I'll tell you what, though, Kevin, I'd like to compare a brand new USI HR-Series with a brand new AP Snackshop (or whatever) side-by-side. I'm not saying that I wouldn't pick the AP, but I am saying it would have a hard row to hoe because USI is just that good. I'm inclined to think that those of you who are knocking USI are basing your opinions on outdated machines and old technology and have not seen the new stuff -- at least not up close. No offense, AP and GPL fans.

I dont knock USI, becuase I only own one. The one I do own is not even a year old and is very up to date. It;s MDB and dex standard and is the newest version of the CB-500. The only thing is the dex does not work right and it tends to jam, alot. In fact there are at least 3 columns that jam a week and they are always differnt ones. I got fed up with it a few weeks ago and had a distributor look at it and he told me he has seen this problem alot. Also trying to go dex, my rep told me that if I was to have alot of USI;s I would be looking at alot of problems getting good dex files from the machines and would have to do alot of software upgrades. He told me that this has only been fixed very recently yet they are still finding machines that will not output correct files. Those 2 reasons alone keep me from buying them. The only other thing I can think of is price/performance. It seems like I would end up paying more for a USI that is smaller and with less bells in whistles then an Royal. I would like to try an USI snack machine out but the coke machines have made it hard to even consider. Im sure that my machine has experienced more problems then most, otherwise they wouldnt still be in business. I just have to go with what has worked with me and I believe you should do the same. If you start having trouble with a line then change, if not then stick with it. We have had to learn the hard way on that a few times.

http://www.amonline.com/print/Automatic-Me...ns/1$19942
This is the article that did a survey of operators on what machines they like. I cant get the PDF that shows the results to open but maybe you will ahve better luck. It was in the september editon of Automatic merchandiser.

#23 kevin

kevin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 283 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 09:52 PM

I decided to look into USI a little deeper since Ive only seen their snacks and arnt very familiar with them. One thing I noticed is that they are usually about a year behind the curve on innovation. Then again someone has to come up with it first and not all just one company does. USI has changed a lot in appearance too. I remember the first one I saw and thought to myself that it looked like an early 90's machine and it was around 2002. At that time we were buying Studio 1's and 3's. Also them seem to be priced higher, even used. Im going to call my dealer tomorrow and ask him to send me more info on USI. They carry both so it shouldn't be hard for him to et comparative specs.

Early 2000
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I apoligize for the size comparison being off. I didnt want to change the hight and make it look squished or pixled. Guess thats what you get when you hot link images :)

#24 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:09 PM

I decided to look into USI a little deeper since Ive only seen their snacks and arnt very familiar with them. One thing I noticed is that they are usually about a year behind the curve on innovation. Then again someone has to come up with it first and not all just one company does. USI has changed a lot in appearance too. I remember the first one I saw and thought to myself that it looked like an early 90's machine and it was around 2002. At that time we were buying Studio 1's and 3's. Also them seem to be priced higher, even used. Im going to call my dealer tomorrow and ask him to send me more info on USI. They carry both so it shouldn't be hard for him to et comparative specs.

Early 2000
Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

I apoligize for the size comparison being off. I didnt want to change the hight and make it look squished or pixled. Guess thats what you get when you hot link images :)

Kevin, good job on the pics. The latest USI snacks I've bought have the silver facia as shown in your second set of pics (left side). These have the updated software and are wonderful to work with. The other ones I've bought prior to 6 months ago look more like the first set of pics (left machine), but are a little more updated, and the software is not as good... too many menu layers to go through... this is what they corrected with the latest generation that I'm buying now.

Hey, now that AP is a nice looking machine... maybe even a better looker than the USI. I wouldn't mind trying one of those to see how it does. I can get an HR40 (USI) for $3368 (reflects a recent price increase). Can I do about as well on a 40-select AP?

I wish I knew what the deal is with your CB500. Honestly, Kevin, I've never had a single jam with CSD bottles (that didn't leak out) with any of my CB500s. All of my CB500s have been extremely reliable and consistent. Now having said that, the next one I get will probably be one like your's. :rolleyes:

I hear what you're saying about DEX. I can see how that would be a concern. I still kind of go back and forth on it, just not sure it would ever be worth the money it would take to imlement it.

#25 BVI

BVI

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 November 2007 - 07:41 PM

Kevin, good job on the pics. The latest USI snacks I've bought have the silver facia as shown in your second set of pics (left side). These have the updated software and are wonderful to work with. The other ones I've bought prior to 6 months ago look more like the first set of pics (left machine), but are a little more updated, and the software is not as good... too many menu layers to go through... this is what they corrected with the latest generation that I'm buying now.

Hey, now that AP is a nice looking machine... maybe even a better looker than the USI. I wouldn't mind trying one of those to see how it does. I can get an HR40 (USI) for $3368 (reflects a recent price increase). Can I do about as well on a 40-select AP?

I wish I knew what the deal is with your CB500. Honestly, Kevin, I've never had a single jam with CSD bottles (that didn't leak out) with any of my CB500s. All of my CB500s have been extremely reliable and consistent. Now having said that, the next one I get will probably be one like your's. :rolleyes:

I hear what you're saying about DEX. I can see how that would be a concern. I still kind of go back and forth on it, just not sure it would ever be worth the money it would take to imlement it.

Okay all you AP die-hards out there... how do I go about buying a new AP? I can't find any website for AP at all.