• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Will78852

Will78852

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:43 PM

I have a snack vending machine that will not accept the third bill. First two bills go in fine, regardless if it's a $1,$5 or $10. The third bill registers but does not go into the cartridge . Gets stuck between the acceptor and cartridge, about half way. Last time this happened I turned it off for a few days and it started working fine. But it has happened again. The coin dispensers are full and I'd cleaned the rollers on the acceptor. Really don't know what else to do.

Thank you

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 11:22 PM

You need to post the model of your machine and model of bill acceptor.  You also don't say what your vend price is, or why you need to accept multiple bills.

The bill that is "stuck" is actually just held "in escrow" by the vending machine.  This will happen when the machine is programmed to "escrow the last bill."  This means that all bills will be stacked up until a bill is inserted that puts the credit over the highest vend price.  That bill then gets held in escrow so that if the customer presses the coin return instead of buying something they will only get change from the first stacked bill(s) and then get the last bill back intact.  It's a way to limit the amount of change the coin mech has to pay out in this instance.  It's also helpful if you have people trying to use your machine as a bill changer, If you have that problem though, then you need to set the machine to "force vend" meaning that any money put in the machine must be used for a purchase and once the LOWEST vend price is met they can't get a refund.