• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 shotgun

shotgun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:25 AM

I just bought a used Snackmaster 520 from a guy at a real good price. Figured I could make a couple of extra bucks on it. I can not for the life of me figure out how to change the prices, though.

It's a 20 selection snack machine and everything in it is .50 the unit only takes change, and I got so far as to figure out the coin mec., but it has another circuit built in which seems to make it possible to change all of the selections individually. Seems to be, anyhow, as any adjustment to the switches just makes that selection stop working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 nomoneynomo

nomoneynomo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:01 PM

I just bought a used Snackmaster 520 from a guy at a real good price. Figured I could make a couple of extra bucks on it. I can not for the life of me figure out how to change the prices, though.

It's a 20 selection snack machine and everything in it is .50 the unit only takes change, and I got so far as to figure out the coin mec., but it has another circuit built in which seems to make it possible to change all of the selections individually. Seems to be, anyhow, as any adjustment to the switches just makes that selection stop working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I have changed the prices on machines like this before but it's probably been 15 years. I will see if we still have a manual at work but in the meantime can you get a better picture of the mech? I'm wanting to say that changing the price had something to do with a lever inside of the mech and the buttons on front so a more up close picture would really help.

#3 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 03:36 PM

How many dip switches is on the changer? A larger view would make it easier. I can't see it well enough to tell, but it looks like a 4 price coinco changer. The procedure is the same for them all, 4 price or 10 price. Set the prices you need using the dip swithes such as 50,55,60,65. Using the price control board, you just move the switch that coordinates with the selection up to the position for the price that the dip switch is set for. Does this make any sense to you? Kind of hard to explain because it has been 20 years since I have seen one of those but the procedure is correct. From the selection panel shown it looks like an old Automatic Products machine. Hope this helps.

This changers had problems with the contacts on these dip swithes getting dirty and not making contact. What you do is unplug changer, lay it on its back and spray contact cleaner on the swithes and work them on and off several times. Let dry and plug back in. This should help them work better. Remember they are each individually set just like a single price changer.

#4 shotgun

shotgun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

I uploaded a couple of larger photos here

and here

hopefully that will help.

I get the idea of setting the prices by the coin mech (mostly) but changing them individually is what's got me stumped and that's the only reason I can figure for the extra switches. I know they work (at least where they are set in the picture) they just stop working when I change them.

#5 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 09:05 PM

I uploaded a couple of larger photos here

and here

hopefully that will help.

I get the idea of setting the prices by the coin mech (mostly) but changing them individually is what's got me stumped and that's the only reason I can figure for the extra switches. I know they work (at least where they are set in the picture) they just stop working when I change them.

You have got a 4 price changer, which only allows 4 different product prices in the machine with a maximum price of .75 with all dip switches in the on position. It appears that you have a 10 price control board installed. Set up 4 different vend prices on the switches, starting with your lowest price (ex. .50) on the No 1 switch and put the next higher price (ex. .55) on the No 2 switch and your next higher price (ex. .65) and the last one (ex. .75) . This will make it easier when you set your board.

To set board to selection prices:

If you want selection A to vend for .75, you will move the A switch to price 4 on board.
If you want selection J to vend for .50, you will move the J swith to price 1 on board.
If you want selection T to vend for .65, you will move the T swith to price 3 on board.

After getting your prices set you can run money through the changer while counting it to make sure your prices are correct.

Give it a try and see what happens. If this changer is compatible it should work. Hopes this helps.

#6 shotgun

shotgun

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 August 2008 - 12:38 PM

You have got a 4 price changer, which only allows 4 different product prices in the machine with a maximum price of .75 with all dip switches in the on position. It appears that you have a 10 price control board installed. Set up 4 different vend prices on the switches, starting with your lowest price (ex. .50) on the No 1 switch and put the next higher price (ex. .55) on the No 2 switch and your next higher price (ex. .65) and the last one (ex. .75) . This will make it easier when you set your board.

To set board to selection prices:

If you want selection A to vend for .75, you will move the A switch to price 4 on board.
If you want selection J to vend for .50, you will move the J swith to price 1 on board.
If you want selection T to vend for .65, you will move the T swith to price 3 on board.
After getting your prices set you can run money through the changer while counting it to make sure your prices are correct.

Give it a try and see what happens. If this changer is compatible it should work. Hopes this helps.

I haven't been on the internet for a while, but was able to try this out last night, and it worked perfect. Thanks a lot for the help. Much appreciated.