• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Eman

Eman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 01:45 PM

I have an older GF 19 which is a 19 drop snack. Change has recently started by passing the mechanism and not registering on the the display and returning to the cup. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem ?

#2 midtenn

midtenn

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 09:00 PM

I have an older GF 19 which is a 19 drop snack. Change has recently started by passing the mechanism and not registering on the the display and returning to the cup. Any ideas where to start looking for the problem ?

What kind of changer is in it?

#3 jblvending

jblvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 04:34 AM

Start with your coin mech, Check your acceptor, see if there is any debris, are build up on it, the acceptor is the part that accepts the coin as it enters the the coin mech, just pull it out, and check the path, clean that part out, sometimes coins get caught in the flap that separates the coins, check that as well, if after cleaning, it still want accept it, turn the machine on and off a few times, then try it, if that doesn't work ,maybe time for a new coin mech.

#4 Eman

Eman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 April 2008 - 09:28 AM

Start with your coin mech, Check your acceptor, see if there is any debris, are build up on it, the acceptor is the part that accepts the coin as it enters the the coin mech, just pull it out, and check the path, clean that part out, sometimes coins get caught in the flap that separates the coins, check that as well, if after cleaning, it still want accept it, turn the machine on and off a few times, then try it, if that doesn't work ,maybe time for a new coin mech.

Thanks - somebody must have stuck a quarter in that was on one of those mailers with a blob of glue on the back, once I got that out cleaned off the residual it was working perfectly