Close
Photo
- - - - -

Vendo 721 dispensing doubles; need help!

Vendo soda drink

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Vic

Vic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Hello again...

Having some problems with a Vendo 721 drink machine vending doubles. I have the 10 selection machine set up to vend seven 12 oz cans and 3 16.9 oz bottles. I think the 16.9 oz bottles should not be vended without some sort of spacer that may not be in the machine...will check that.

Main problem is this. I have the can depth set at 4. The manual indicates depth for cans to height of 4.85" is 3...setting for cans 4.85 to 6.5" is 4. I measure a 12 oz can at about 4.85". Any suggestions for proper setting? Three or four?

I digress. Here is what I found today. First vend for any choice (can or bottle) vends 2 items. Next vend for same item vends one. Third vend for same item vends one. Fourth vend for same item vends nothing and machine shows "sold out" even though lots of product remains.

I just found "product step" info in manual indicating it should be forward for cans...it may not be. Could this explain the double vends and other problems (e.g., sold out when it is not). Same thing happens with the 16.9 oz bottles. I don't know that the drop sensor could be the problem as it vends singles too.

Also came across info in the manual about "jogging" the cradles...could they be out of alignment so it doesn't load properly? Machine was set up for 20 oz bottles when I got it.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Vic

#2 vend1ng

vend1ng

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 September 2012 - 08:29 PM

Hello again...

Having some problems with a Vendo 721 drink machine vending doubles. I have the 10 selection machine set up to vend seven 12 oz cans and 3 16.9 oz bottles. I think the 16.9 oz bottles should not be vended without some sort of spacer that may not be in the machine...will check that.

Main problem is this. I have the can depth set at 4. The manual indicates depth for cans to height of 4.85" is 3...setting for cans 4.85 to 6.5" is 4. I measure a 12 oz can at about 4.85". Any suggestions for proper setting? Three or four?

I digress. Here is what I found today. First vend for any choice (can or bottle) vends 2 items. Next vend for same item vends one. Third vend for same item vends one. Fourth vend for same item vends nothing and machine shows "sold out" even though lots of product remains.

I just found "product step" info in manual indicating it should be forward for cans...it may not be. Could this explain the double vends and other problems (e.g., sold out when it is not). Same thing happens with the 16.9 oz bottles. I don't know that the drop sensor could be the problem as it vends singles too.

Also came across info in the manual about "jogging" the cradles...could they be out of alignment so it doesn't load properly? Machine was set up for 20 oz bottles when I got it.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Vic

First I suck at model numbers, SO! Just because you set back spacers for 4 deep that doesn't tell the machine anything. If it uses a drop sensor then you have to program for depth or it senses drop and stops. If it had 20oz you'll need spacers for cans. Also every area of the country can use different configuration of bottle. Also I don't know of any 16 oz beverage bottle that is vendable they are soft sided and will smash and jam. Just a thought.
Vend1ng

#3 Vic

Vic

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hello, and thanks for the response. I didn't make it clear, but I did program the depth through the machince controls...not just the back spacer. Four deep for the cans and two deep for the bottles. I found a recent post by someone else who was having problems (of a different kind) with a Vendo 721 who said he had fewer hangups/problems setting his cans at three deep. Would that be a good idea? This is a new account, so I don't know what the volume might be but I generally go around every week anyway.

Regards,

Vic

#4 steve s

steve s

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

Sound like your clips on the gauge bar aren't right. If it had 20 oz bottles it used black clips with squeegies on them. Cans require 2 white clips for 3 deep cans. The 16.9 oz bottles should work fine 2 deep with no clips at all but they need a can shim to keep from jamming the loading gate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Vendo, soda, drink