• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 06:13 PM

Everything is working except it won't vend. Excepts money returns money the chain drive just doesn't contact the levers to drop item. Chain is running in guides I'm not sure if it is correct. keeps telling me product is sold out but it is machine is loaded. Thanks for any help I receive.

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 08:32 PM

Is this a new installation or has the machine been working up to now?  Has anyone done any product changes or other work on the machine recently?  Does the machine give you change as if it thinks if vended, or does it refund the total amount of inserted money, because it knows nothing vended?  If you get proper change as if a product vended, the drop sensor is too sensitive.  If the machine gives you all the money back, then you could have a bad drop sensor or bad logic board.

#3 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

It gives correct change. When you select product the chain runs but doesn't drop anything. This is an older unit and hasn't been used in some time. After you make your selection and the chain stops moving it gives me the sold out light. Then I push to get my money back and it gives me back the right amount. I don't think the chain is touching any of the selection tabs.

#4 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 10:08 PM

Everything works fine just won't vend. Thanks.

#5 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:40 AM

I would say, since the machine has been sitting for a long time, you probably have syrup gumming up all of your pivots (the three sided device the cans lay on) and associated moving parts in front and rear columns.  You should thoroughly hose out the machine to wash the syrup out of it.  No lubrication is needed, just a good washing.  Then reload a couple of columns and see if it works.  You may also have the product stops (1/2 moon shaped metal pieces) adjusted improperly for the diameter of your products.  You might have the machine set up for cans which will cause bottles to not vend, or vice versa.

#6 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

I've cleaned machine and chain. When you make selection the chain turns clockwise but never finds the product or turn counterclockwise to vend. It does.however always return to home setting

#7 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 11:10 AM

Are your dogs (release levers) actually hanging down to where the rabbits on the chain can grab them?  Can you move the dogs with your finger and make the pivots turn?  The dogs will look like white hooks that hang down lower than anything else so the rabbits can snag them. 

The chain should run CCW until one of the rabbits gets to the left side of the dog it is supposed to pull on, then the chain stops and moves CW just far enough to pull the dog of the column you are supposed to vend.  It will pull one time for a can, two times for a bottle.  This is why you must program the product depth per column.   If this column fails to vend and there is another column tied to the selection button pressed, the chain will again move CCW until one of the rabbits is to the left of the dog on the secondary column.  The chain then moves CW to actuate the dog on the secondary column - once for a can, twice for a bottle.  If it fails again and there are no other columns programmed for that selection, the machine refunds the money after the chain moves to home and that selection is flagged as sold out.

#8 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 12:23 PM

Yeah dogs are down far enough and rabbits can catch them just never turns counter clock wise.to vend and now my sod out light is staying on and there is product in every column any way to reset thee sold out light

#9 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:50 PM

Opening and closing the door which actuates the door switch is how the machine resets the sold out condition.  If you open and close the door and it still shows sold out, you could have a bad door switch or wires to the switch or it's not connected at the board or the board is bad.

Are you saying the chain moves CCW then stops to vend but won't move CW to pull on the dogs?  You could have a bad motor that can't reverse itself.

Are there any error displayed when opening the door?  What are they?

#10 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:08 PM

Chain moves cw.it has to.move ccw to catch the dogs to vend. It won't go ccw thoigh

#11 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 02:43 PM

Unplug the machine and open the door.  Plug it in and watch the chain.  This is when the motor should make several CW and CCW movements of the chain while the motor finds the home position.  Does it move CCW at this time?  Inspect the rabbits (four of them); do two of them have magnets in them facing the back of the machine?  You won't see them but will probably have to feel for them.  If you can see the magnets from the front, the chain is installed backwards.  If either magnet is missing you will need to replace the chain.

Another test if all above is okay, is to unplug the machine and manually move the chain until both sets of rabbits are suspended in the center of the cabinet.  Plug the machine in and see what motion the chain makes.  If the chain jerks but won't turn, check the motors wiring connection to the logic board.  If it's plugged in properly you have a bad motor.  If the chain makes several revolutions instead, without a rabbit stopping above the motor where the home sensor is, inspect the home sensor wiring for pinched or damaged wires.  If the wiring is okay you need to replace the home sensor.

#12 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 04:55 PM

Thanks guys I'll try that tomorrow. One more thing while working the test functions and error codes I got a vend code of cs or c5 not sure which and whiles scrolling back I also got es or e5 and hs or h5 does anyone know what these codes stand for? Also i noticed i now have a red led light on main control board this wasn't on yesterday is this normal? this is a 99 model machine and not a newer model. Thanks to all you guys for helping a newbie.

#13 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:15 PM

I was mistaken in my last post of the operation of the chain.  When making a selection, the chain will run CW until one of the rabbits is at the location you selected with a select button.  The motor encoder compares the stopping point with the selection you made and if correct, the chain reverses and moves CCW just enough to pull on the release arm - once for a can and twice for a bottle.  Sorry if I confused you.

The errors you just mentioned are some of the error codes I was wanting to know if you had showing up on your machine. 

• The "Cs" error refers to the chute sensor or drop sensor, which makes more sense now that you have a solid red LED on your board.  The drop sensor is adjustable and the LED is used for that purpose but when the sensor is properly adjusted, the LED should be off and only flash when a products strikes the chute.
  • The "hS" error is a sub-error of the "VEnd" error and refers to "home sensor fail" on your motor. 
  • There is no "Es" error so maybe you saw "EC" which is an motor encoder error or "rE" which is a rabbit error.  If your home sensor fails or the chain is missing a magnet, you could get any of the encoder error, home sensor error or the rabbit error.   The rabbit error can also be caused by a missing rabbit or a loose one on the chain, as well as the chain not being supported by the stabilizers that hold up the upper length of the chain.

All of these errors together could mean your logic board is bad.  The tests I explained above should still be performed along with the following tests of the drop sensor.  You will see an adjustable potentiometer on the logic board near R150.  If the drop sensor LED is on, slowly turn the POT CCW until it barely goes out, then turn two full turns CCW.  This is the factory default setting.  

If the drop sensor LED remains on solid no matter what you do, unplug the machine then unplug all connectors from the logic board except for the power connector.  Plug the machine back in and see if the LED remains on.  If so, you have a bad logic board.

I have a feeling your drop sensor simply needs to be adjusted and that you also have a drive motor problem or a home sensor problem. 

#14 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:37 AM

I can't find r150 everything but that and yeah I'm ha I.v pro lens with chain finding home now. This is an older board I don't see anything on it adjustable. Thanks

#15 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:36 AM

The adjustment is there.  Next to the LED for the drop sensor is a very tiny brass screw with a slot in it for adjustment - you must use a tiny flat blade screwdriver to adjust it.  Maybe the LED you see on now is a power LED - but I'm not sure the board has one.  Try watching the board as you tap on the delivery chute.  If a red LED flashes with the impact, that is the drop sensor LED.  If it's off now and flashes when you tap the chute it probably isn't the problem right now, but you should certainly adjust it as described above to be sure.

#16 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:30 AM

I made the adjustment light went out chain seems to be finding home.but still.getting.g error codes and it doesn't vend looks like time to get a rental machine

#17 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:38 AM

Make sure you erase all the error codes, then try vending a couple of selections.  Now view your errors again and tell me what they are so we can pinpoint the motor or home sensor. 

To erase the errors, you will enter the "Eror" menu by pressing select button 4.  When viewing a top level error code, press button 4 to see the subcodes.  Write down each subcode and then hold button 4 for 2 seconds to erase the error and the next error subcode will appear.  Repeat and when all errors are erased close the door and attempt to make a couple of vends with money.  When those vends fail, open the door and read all the errors again to ensure we have all the errors specific to the vending problem.  

I have the parts in stock once we pin down the problem. 

#18 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:57 PM

Erased all error codes tried vending unit nothing vended checked error got hs and ec

#19 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

Did you confirm that two of the rabbits have magnets in them facing the back of the cabinet and is the chain running on the two stabilizers just below the vend mechanisms?  Also confirm that the chain isn't sticky which can cause it to move slower than it should.

#20 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:16 PM

Yeah magnets on two facing rear chain in the guides and chain. Is clean however I did have the chain off yesterday but j put it back on exactly as I took it off

#21 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:34 PM

I also think the compressor is shot I don't think its cost effective to fix compressor kicks on then immediately off so I think its bad

#22 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:01 PM

Clicking on and immediately off is a sign that the compressor rotor is locked up and it has to be replaced.  I can ship you a good used compressor to put in the machine if you'd like along with a replacement chain motor.  That should get you back up and running, assuming your coin mech and bill validator work good.

#23 Bj kemplin

Bj kemplin

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 04:24 PM

Compressor turns for a few seconds then kicks off. I'm not sure I'm going to put anymore money in it

#24 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 05:27 PM

Let me know if you want to get the parts for it.  The motor is $320 and a good used compressor is $175.