• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 chuchimunga

chuchimunga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:33 AM

I have several MEI TRC-6512's and they have begun to stop working, like I have unplugged it but its still plugged in, unplugging and replugging makes them work sometimes but only for about 20 to 30 minutes. I have been working with dozens of the coin mechs for about 6 months now, I work for a vending company, and havent seen anything like this yet. Any suggestions??

#2 satai

satai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:technical information.

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

I have several MEI TRC-6512's and they have begun to stop working, like I have unplugged it but its still plugged in, unplugging and replugging makes them work sometimes but only for about 20 to 30 minutes. I have been working with dozens of the coin mechs for about 6 months now, I work for a vending company, and havent seen anything like this yet. Any suggestions??

What do you mean by "they have begun to stop working"?
Is the unit death?

If not.. is the diagnostics led blinking?
If it's blinking then look at this page to locate the problem:

http://www.vendingad...oin-Changer.pdf

Have you tried all units in just one vending machine or did you use several?

#3 chuchimunga

chuchimunga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 07:09 AM

I wasnt sure how to phrase that they have started to stop working?, the led on the mech will get dim but still be on and then it will stop taking coins and tokens, I have taken apart the mech and made sure the connections were good and replaced the mech in the vending machine with another one and it works fine so i know the problem is the mech. after making sure the connections were good i put it back in the machine and it worked for about 30 minutes before having the same problem. the other mech was in the machine for a day and had no problems.

#4 satai

satai

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:technical information.

Posted 05 September 2010 - 04:04 PM

I wasnt sure how to phrase that they have started to stop working?, the led on the mech will get dim but still be on and then it will stop taking coins and tokens, I have taken apart the mech and made sure the connections were good and replaced the mech in the vending machine with another one and it works fine so i know the problem is the mech. after making sure the connections were good i put it back in the machine and it worked for about 30 minutes before having the same problem. the other mech was in the machine for a day and had no problems.

Does this happen when the unit is idle or does something trigger it like: inserting coins / change payback / return lever pressed / vmc in service mode ???

When it happens does your unit still has 24Vdc on it's mdb connector or is the power less then 24Vdc ?
( Don't disconnect the unit form the vmc when checking voltage )

let me know...

#5 chuchimunga

chuchimunga

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 September 2010 - 08:12 AM

turns out the guy who was checking on the machines was for some reason unpluging the ribbon cables and power cables, not sure why, but he is now no longer with us. So aparently nothing that i know of is wrong with these mechs(yet), just some good old sabotage, thanks for the time and help though