• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Acidpiper454

Acidpiper454

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:23 PM

Hey! I've had this machine about a year and so far everything has worked. The coin mech won't accept coins now. All the motors turn when I start them off. The "out of order" light WAS on, and only a few motors turned, but after messing with it a bit the light went off and all motors work again. Nothing seems to be wrong, the coin mech just won't take anything. Thanks!

#2 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 02:20 PM

That could be any number of issues such as a bad coin mech, bad motor switches, bad relay box, etc. I have an update kit that will replace your current pricing board and coin mech which then eliminates the weak coin mech relays that currently provide 24v to the motors. If you really want to fix that relic from the 80s then you should replace every motor switch and add the update kit. Buuut this machine isn't worth putting that kind of money into it. It will, however, be one of the heaviest snack machines you ever take to a scrap yard.

#3 Acidpiper454

Acidpiper454

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 03:07 PM

Would it be worth it to find a repairman and hope it's simple? Thanks for the general info. I'd love to get a newer machine. Any recommendations?

#4 AZVendor

AZVendor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 06:21 PM

Find yourself a machine made in the late 90's to early 2000's or an AP 7600, 6600, 113, 112. Those are all easy to work on with plenty of parts as opposed to your dinosaur.