• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 gv2005

gv2005

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 September 2005 - 11:12 AM

Hi. My wife and I are starting out in vending with only a handful of machines. We will be doing the locating ourselves, and are looking into Non-Profits to associate with. It is easy to do the research on the web, but what concerns me, is hooking up with a bogus organization, or one that might have a bad name in the vending industry. Any suggestions on good programs, and also the bad one's would help. Thanks!

#2 Vending Chat

Vending Chat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 September 2005 - 03:13 PM

Many operators go with Child Search. They have some great tools to help you appear professional. Their vending program has more tools than most. I'll try to come back and post a list of several. :D

#3 clvending

clvending

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 03 October 2005 - 08:51 AM

Another potential charity is the Multiple Sclerosis Association of America (MSAA). They have a vending program. http://www.msaa.com/

#4 Vending Chat

Vending Chat

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 06 October 2005 - 07:18 AM

Another great one is Teen Challenge. They are extremely successful in breaking drug addictions while housing and creating a new lifestyle for those in need. www.TeenChallenge.com

More...
Child Quest International            800-248-8020

Hugs not Drugs            800-700-6697 www.hugsnotdrugs.com

Missing Children Awareness Foundation      800-741-7233
Promotes child fingerprinting & photo IDs

National Children’s Cancer Society        314-241-1600

National Foundation for the Blind 801-224-6969

Local Hunger     800-883-7905 www.localhunger.org
The benefits to the vendor are twofold. First, the vendor is helping fight local hunger in his/her state. Secondly, the vendor is able to place his/her machines in retail locations by sharing the charity's service message with the retailers.

;)

#5 lrbv

lrbv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:37 PM

I just started about a month ago and I signed up with Vanished Children's Alliance. They also give you a lot of materials to help you find locations and look professional. Visit www.vca.org. They have been great.

#6 Manny

Manny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

I use the Juvinelle Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). They don't charge a monthly royalty fee and give you brochers and stickers for your machines. Other organizations will charge you a monthly fee from $20.00 to $100.00 a month plus late fees. It mght not sound like alot to someone who has been in business for a while but to a new vendor it is.

Not sure why anyone would pay a monthly fee?? :)

time - service
gas
wear and tear on car
product - candies etc.
monthly fee

it adds up....

#7 lrbv

lrbv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 November 2005 - 09:44 PM

You can research different charities and their standing at give.org. I am with the Vanished Childrens's Alliance and they are very supportive and professional. They charge 1.50 royalty fee per sticker per quarter. There are also several other charities that have vending programs as you probably know.

Touch base again once you start locating. I have been doing this for 2 months and locating is making this whole venture frustrating. I could use some tips or suggestions.

#8 CoolHand

CoolHand

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

Hi. My wife and I are starting out in vending with only a handful of machines. We will be doing the locating ourselves, and are looking into Non-Profits to associate with. It is easy to do the research on the web, but what concerns me, is hooking up with a bogus organization, or one that might have a bad name in the vending industry. Any suggestions on good programs, and also the bad one's would help. Thanks!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

National Childrens Cancer Society.... Hands down.

Great people, great cause, 1$ per month per sticker, ID cards, location agreements, logo polo shirts... instant credibility. Sticker is kinda big though (3*5).

They also give you a month with no royalties after you sign up to give you time to place your machines.

#9 Starrman14

Starrman14

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 June 2006 - 10:20 PM

I have been using "The American Association For Lost Children"
http://www.aaflc.org/

They provide two sizes of vending labels, they give brochures and a folder that can be used in a presentation. The monthly fee is $1.00 per machine.

They actively look for children and they found 2 in May-06. Their web site is updated.

#10 kandyklassics

kandyklassics

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 09:18 PM

I just started about a month ago and I signed up with Vanished Children's Alliance.  They also give you a lot of materials to help you find locations and look professional.  Visit www.vca.org.  They have been great.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In response to your post, I have always been told that using a charity is exclusively done to get in the door of a potential busienss without paying higher comissions. When you mention that you work with your particular charity and that a part of the proceeds help to benefit the chariy, they may be a bit more willing to allow placement of the machine without wanting a cut. But if you're not required to give a monthly comission to your charity, then I guess you wouldn't be able to use that line with a potential customer because technically, you're not contracted to give anything to that charity. This is my first time hearing about a Vending Outreach Program that doesn't require a monthly contribution. Had I known about (JDRF) before I started, I probably would have chose them. I'm guessing that they are more concerned with just getting thier name out there on the machines advertisement wise as opposed to receiving funds. Also, you can find chariies as low as $1.00 a month such a Chidl Search. I don;t know who in their right mind would pay $20 a month for one label. With CS, you pay $1.00 for each label you have, so the less labels you use, the less your royalty fees will be and vice versa.

#11 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 04:14 PM

anyone know the exact url for the jdrf? went to their site and cant find anything on a vending outreach program.

ccgvend

#12 rondallb

rondallb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:00 PM

http://www.jdrf.org/

#13 caserri

caserri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 251 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

http://www.jdrf.org/

How about the complete url to the vending outreach page. I went to the link above and didnt see anything about vending.

#14 tess

tess

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 April 2007 - 07:20 PM

How about the complete url to the vending outreach page. I went to the link above and didnt see anything about vending.

AAFLC Vending Outreach Program.
We greatly appreciate individual owners of vending machines who sponsor AAFLC by displaying the AAFLC stickers on their vending machines, through this way searching parents and the community will be aware of who we are and the free services that we provide. Please feel free to call 1-800-375-5683.
www.aaflc.org

#15 kennr

kennr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • Interests:I have Been In Vending Over 40 years

Posted 25 May 2007 - 03:17 PM

Check out my website www.vendingbooks.com I have some good non-profit charities listed on there click onto related links and click onto the charities that are listed if you want to check them out.